+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DAR ES SALAM OUTLAND APPLICANTS 2015

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
momo2016 said:
It's good to know that they are requesting ppr after eligibility passes. It means they are clearing backlogs. Did you wait (for them to ask you) to send additional proof of relationship or did you send them voluntary?
I sent it voluntarily. It may have helped and definitely didn't hurt. If you have good proof, like of another trip, I would send it.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Mo84 said:
Right of permanent resident fee as mentioned. My timeline is mind-boggling. It had been two years but most recent: received a fourth line on August 16, as follows:

4. We sent you correspondence on August 16, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

They were requesting for RPRF and a second medical exam. I have paid the first and sent the receipt to the VO office in Dar and completed the exam which was submitted today to CIC. I also forwarded the emedical sheet to the VO. I guess let the waiting game begin.
I'm sorry to hear you have been waiting so long but it definitely sounds like you are near the end! May I ask if the reason for the long wait was because you had an interview? I pray the remaining processing will be speedy for you. Good luck and keep us updated!

Mo84

Aug 11, 2016
Re: DAR ES SALAM OUTLAND APPLICANTS 2014

MNM2015 said:
I'm sorry to hear you have been waiting so long but it definitely sounds like you are near the end! May I ask if the reason for the long wait was because you had an interview? I pray the remaining processing will be speedy for you. Good luck and keep us updated!
Thanks!!

The problem was the "genuine of the marriage" and my wife proof of identity. As her date of birth on the birthdate certificate is different from that on her passport. They have sent us a request to proof our marriage is genuine and clarify her identity in the presence of a lawyer, which we had accomplished 10 months ago. So this is what delayed the her application. It had taken them that long to process her application and request a remedical and permanent resident fee.

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
MNM2015 said:
I sent it voluntarily. It may have helped and definitely didn't hurt. If you have good proof, like of another trip, I would send it.
I can take screenshots of our whatsapp convos since the time i filed the application (april). I also have receipts of money transfer since april. Im still waiting for my CSQ tho. So, i think it would be a good idea if I send them all at the same time via a case inquiry.

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
Guys, we all know that CIC policy is to finalize family class applications within 6 months. However, do you think the 25 000 refugees program has impacted our timelines?

I mean just think about how long will it take to get an AOR after bringing thousands of refugees to Canada every month. It would require tremendous amounts of manpower.

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
momo2016 said:
Guys, we all know that CIC policy is to finalize family class applications within 6 months. However, do you think the 25 000 refugees program has impacted our timelines?

I mean just think about how long will it take to get an AOR after bringing thousands of refugees to Canada every month. It would require tremendous amounts of manpower.
I am not sure if there is such a policy of 6 months, it depends on VO. However they are determined to process faster than before: « Our goal is to reduce wait times for spouses and partners», «Processing times can vary, depending on how many applications IRCC receives. Your application may be delayed if it’s not complete.»
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
Yes, the refugees program impacted our timeline as they had to deploy the officers from VO to process the refugees applications but as they are working hard to eliminate/reduce the backlog, the impact will be null at the end.

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
gabba50 said:
I am not sure if there is such a policy of 6 months, it depends on VO. However they are determined to process faster than before: « Our goal is to reduce wait times for spouses and partners», «Processing times can vary, depending on how many applications IRCC receives. Your application may be delayed if it’s not complete.»
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
Yes, the refugees program impacted our timeline as they had to deploy the officers from VO to process the refugees applications but as they are working hard to eliminate/reduce the backlog, the impact will be null at the end.

It's nice to know that the impact is null at the end. ;)

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
We got an exciting email this morning that our application has been updated.......when I logged in it shows:

Application/profile status: Closed
Review of eligibility: Passed
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview
A background check is needed: Complete
Final decision: This application has been approved
I think the visa is stamped. We sent passport via VFS last week I hope they will return it fast.
Good luck to the rest I know how frustrating it is to check application status every day, I am sure it won't take long.

choupy

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dar Es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-5-2016 - AOR1
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016 Upfront
gabba50 said:
We got an exciting email this morning that our application has been updated.......when I logged in it shows:

Scheduling an interview
I think the visa is stamped. We sent passport via VFS last week I hope they will return it fast.
Good luck to the rest I know how frustrating it is to check application status every day, I am sure it won't take long.
Congratulations again Gabba50

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
gabba50 said:

Scheduling an interview
Congratulations Gabba! So happy for you! When will your wife be coming to Canada?

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
choupy said:
Congratulations again Gabba50
Thank you Choupy, good luck to you let's hope you are the next!

MNM2015 said:
Congratulations Gabba! So happy for you! When will your wife be coming to Canada?
Thank you MNM2015, we are still waiting for passport but with VFS it's fast, she is coming as soon as she gets passport, the bags are already packed ;D ;D ;D ;)

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
gabba50 said:

Scheduling an interview
Congratulations Gabba!
I am wishing the rest of us in both Dar and Nairobi offices fast processing!

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
My husband got his passport back yesterday! Included were 4 of his passport photos (so no idea why they ask you to send 2 more) and passport photos of two other random people (not good from a privacy perspective but maybe that's why they ask for so many lol). In addition, his address on the COPR is still wrong even though we have been trying to get them to fix it for months by CSE, 5 emails and a letter with the passport asking them to please update it. Oh well I don't think it will matter when he lands. Just another example of their inefficiencies.

I wanted to say thanks so much for everyone's support on this journey. It's a difficult journey that often tries your patience but it's nice to be able to share with others going through the same thing who understand. I am so grateful that Dar has been processing applications much faster this year. I hope and pray that continues for all of you still waiting. Remember to stay patient and positive. All the best to everyone!

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
MNM2015 said:
My husband got his passport back yesterday! Included were 4 of his passport photos (so no idea why they ask you to send 2 more) and passport photos of two other random people (not good from a privacy perspective but maybe that's why they ask for so many lol). In addition, his address on the COPR is still wrong even though we have been trying to get them to fix it for months by CSE, 5 emails and a letter with the passport asking them to please update it. Oh well I don't think it will matter when he lands. Just another example of their inefficiencies.

I wanted to say thanks so much for everyone's support on this journey. It's a difficult journey that often tries your patience but it's nice to be able to share with others going through the same thing who understand. I am so grateful that Dar has been processing applications much faster this year. I hope and pray that continues for all of you still waiting. Remember to stay patient and positive. All the best to everyone!
Congratulations MNM! That is good to hear.
So when does your hubby plan to land?