Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
MNM2015 said:
Thank you so much Gabba. Have you already sent your passport? Did you send by VFS? You should be getting the same message soon!
Yes MN2015, yes we sent the passport with VFS just the same ;D ;D , the only problem with VSF is payment especially if there is no VFS in your country, they only accept direct deposit and had to add wire transfer fees.... I am not sure if it worth the price or not I had to use whatever seemed faster and CIC letter mentioned using VFS as an other option. Let's know when you get your passport.

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
MNM2015 said:
Dar has been on fire the last 3 weeks - 3 passport requests in 3 weeks! I think there was actually even another one but someone deleted their post shortly after posting, no idea why and I can't remember who. Prior to that there had been absolutely no news from Dar since April/May and that was for people who had been waiting over a year. To have people getting approved in just over 6 months from applying is amazing and shows they are speeding up! I really have to take back all the negative things I was saying just one month ago. It's just so hard when you hear nothing for months and no one else is getting approved either. Makes you doubt they are doing anything. But it seems once they start actually working on your file they are finalizing files very quickly. I had been saying Dar was one of the slowest offices but actually seems better than a lot of them. I hope it continues to speed up for all of you still waiting.
I know 3 friends who are not on this forum who got visas this months (we actually do not the real number as all applicants are not registered here) , and 2 other who got letters asking to send additional documents, meaning they are clearing the backlogs without creating others. For those still waiting I know you hear this every day stay positive and keep praying it won't take long.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
gabba50 said:
Yes MN2015, yes we sent the passport with VFS just the same ;D ;D , the only problem with VSF is payment especially if there is no VFS in your country, they only accept direct deposit and had to add wire transfer fees.... I am not sure if it worth the price or not I had to use whatever seemed faster and CIC letter mentioned using VFS as an other option. Let's know when you get your passport.
We sent ours by Fed Ex but haven't received notice it's been sent back yet. We couldn't use VFS since my husband is in the USA.

It will be worth whatever the cost was to get the passport back and be done with this mess that is Canadian immigration :) Keep us posted

gabba50 said:
I know 3 friends who are not on this forum who got visas this months (we actually do not the real number as all applicants are not registered here) , and 2 other who got letters asking to send additional documents, meaning they are clearing the backlogs without creating others. For those still waiting I know you hear this every day stay positive and keep praying it won't take long.
That is very true, this forum is just a small sample of all the applications. I don't know anyone else going through it so this has been my only source of info. It's good to know lots of others are getting through too. Finally we are seeing the results of what the Liberals promised!

Kokolibataui

Jul 26, 2016
gabba50 said:
Gabba,
Do you know what kind of document Dar is asking for?
Maybe we can send these before to be asked.

Thanks

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
Kokolibataui said:
Gabba,

Thanks
Usually, the documents they ask for are the updated forms on the CIC website such as the form IMM1344 (it was updated last month), and your PCC if it's expired. Also, depending on where you live and how solid is your application, they may ask you for a letter of employement, your T4, more proof of communications, the CSQ of Quebec ect. I was also wondering should i send them the update form of the IMM1344 form or just wait for them to ask me. Let's see what our friends on this thread have to say.

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
Kokolibataui said:
Gabba,

Thanks
They ask not to send the documents until their request but I was a bad student and sent unrequested documents( IMM5476 use of a representative stating sponsor as a representative, life insurance policy stating PA as a primary beneficiary, bunch of pictures from previous vacation together including boarding passes and Visa/border entry/Exit stamps, video and chat screen shots, money transfer receipts.). As I said before I have no idea whether it helped or not but at least it didn't delay my application (I presume they didn't need more relationship proof documents from me or they were already convinced).

momo2016 said:
Usually, the documents they ask for are the updated forms on the CIC website such as the form IMM1344 (it was updated last month), and your PCC if it's expired. Also, depending on where you live and how solid is your application, they may ask you for a letter of employement, your T4, more proof of communications, the CSQ of Quebec ect. I was also wondering should i send them the update form of the IMM1344 form or just wait for them to ask me. Let's see what our friends on this thread have to say.
For the updated forms I would definitely wait until they request it as you are not sure if they need it, but if you decide to send more relationship proof documents you can send whatever you think like conversation screenshots, money transfer receipts, visit/vacation photos if any.....unless you are sending a form you never sent before otherwise you better wait.

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
gabba50 said:
They ask not to send the documents until their request but I was a bad student and sent unrequested documents( IMM5476 use of a representative stating sponsor as a representative, life insurance policy stating PA as a primary beneficiary, bunch of pictures from previous vacation together including boarding passes and Visa/border entry/Exit stamps, video and chat screen shots, money transfer receipts.). As I said before I have no idea whether it helped or not but at least it didn't delay my application (I presume they didn't need more relationship proof documents from me or they were already convinced).
For the updated forms I would definitely wait until they request it as you are not sure if they need it, but if you decide to send more relationship proof documents you can send whatever you think like conversation screenshots, money transfer receipts, visit/vacation photos if any.....unless you are sending a form you never sent before otherwise you better wait.

I have receipts of money transfer. How can i send them? Can i just scan them and them via a case inquiry?

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
MNM2015 said:
Got an email today to say My CIC has been updated. When I checked it says the application has been closed and approved :) :) :) :) :) Guess we just need to wait for the passport to be returned and we are good to go! Such a happy day :D
Congratulations MNM2015!
I am so happy for you dear!

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Hardcookie said:
Congratulations MNM2015!
I am so happy for you dear!
Thank you so much Hardcookie! I hope and pray you get your good news soon. Nairobi seems even faster than Dar. Good luck!

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
skwan said:
Anyone with experience how we can get the US transit visa for my wife?
Apparently, flying through the US with only a 2hr layover, she will need to pay $160 for it.
Also, apparently, they will check to see if she has the visa with her before she boards.
Has anyone come across this before?
She will definitely need a transit visa or they won't even allow her to board a flight to the USA. I have no idea how hard it is to get a transit visa.

I just wanted to wish you good luck getting everything sorted with so little time to land in Canada. I know it must be a very stressful time but will all be worth it once you get to Canada. All the best to you and your family! Let us know how the landing goes and how your little guy makes out on the long flight. We are planning a trip back to Uganda soon but I am so nervous about my son on the flight.

Tun701

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Such good news!! Congratulations MNM2015! Happy to hear that Dar is finally moving fast! It was such a long year for us and I wouldn't wish that on anyone! Congratulations also to you skwan! Hopefully you can get the transit thing figured out, it's too bad there was another flight that would bypass the states. Have you checked other airlines like Ethopian Air? My husband flew KLM only because we knew that he could fly to Amsterdam to Canada with out stopping in the States, but it wasn't cheap! Which in the end he had to fly to Edmonton instead of Calgary because it was a last minute booking and the seat to Calgary was close to 6000!!!so the next best thing was to fly to Edmonton and have us drive over 2 hours to pick him up. That ticket still cost 2500. Ridiculous for a one way flight! But after waiting a year for his visa we wanted to be reunited as soon as possible. Good luck!!

Kokolibataui

Jul 26, 2016
Hello Folks,

Just to inform you that we received the request for passport as below.

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must
complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of
Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa.

I cannot believe this :D :p :-* :'( :)

Go ahead Dar. Who is next?

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
Kokolibataui said:
Hello Folks,

Just to inform you that we received the request for passport as below.

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must
complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of
Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa.

I cannot believe this :D :p :-* :'( :)

Go ahead Dar. Who is next?

congrats, my friend!!! Do you mind sharing your timeline so that we can have an idea. Thank you

Elger

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Congs Kokobalitui.
I read they started processing your application July 26
That was a quick one. Good job am next guys it's my time :D

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Wow kokolibataui less than a month since you went in process, that's the fastest yet!!!! Congratulations!! I am so impressed with Dar. Keep up the great work!!!