-----
Med's Done....
14-02-2010
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
Dear Abdul Abed
I wish it were the case and they review our files in 1 or 2 days, the first time I sent my application I sent everything you can't believe it. It was more than enough( it took me 2 months to collect those pages) after 7 months they asked me to fill the RQ.It was a shocking news after seven long months of waiting ,they ask for that form and copy of my passport.
I don't want to disappoint you but the processing is now too long doesn't matter if your case was complete or you have lawyer and ... .It is a fact; processing time is something between 6 months if you are lucky to 9 months :( :(
I don't know if going to the embassy is a good idea( I asked my lawyer to do so many months before and he said it is like drinking poison it will cause a huge delay and sometimes they said client assault or threaten us). There are many people waiting for visa since 2009 and beginning of 2010 they are really busy.
I hope your wife visa arrive before 27th Dec and you won your bet and most importantly you can have a great ceremony and enjoy your vacation.Wish you best of luck.

saman2002

Star Member
Oct 8, 2010
Hi guys i was busy to write sometimes here so i live i decided to do it today i e-mail them like 4 weeks ago unfortunately they didn't answer my e-mail. i live in Canada and my wife lives in Iran also i am going back home for a month to have my wedding as well and i was planing to go to turkey and on the way go to Damascus to drop off some more pictures of my wedding and travel for the embassy but i don't know this would cause any harm any idea ?can someone tells me should i go in person and ask for my status of application? :( :-\
good luck to everybody

Abul Abed

Nov 1, 2010
Thanks Eli

So, if that's the case, three of my close friends went through the same process and their spouses got the visa on average within 3.5 months.

All three are Canadians and their wives are from Jordan. That's the reason why I thought it wouldn't take more than 4 months to get the Visa issued.

I don't really care how busy they are; I mean we are Canadian citizens and I certainly believe that we all made many sacrifices to become Canadians. If they're busy, they should hire more people..this is exactly why we pay hefty taxes.

eli1985

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
Doc's Request.
20-09-2010
Nomination.....
----
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
----
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
-----
Med's Done....
14-02-2010
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
Hi Abdul Abed;
I hope your case will be finalized within 4 months. All my best wishes for you.I have my friends who got their visas within 45 days to 3 months in 2007-2008. I am not saying that all the cases take 6 to 9 months. We just know about a few people in this thread according to our thread members in average it takes a case 6 to 9 months to be completed.For sure there are lots of people out there who got their visas within 4 months.Hopefully you are the lucky ones.
MP office told me "Being a Canadian citizen doesn't help you and it wouldn't speed up your process". In Damascus they focuses on sponsored person application and her/his relationship with the sponsor.
Hopefully we hear some good news from you within weeks.

eli1985

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
Doc's Request.
20-09-2010
Nomination.....
----
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
----
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
-----
Med's Done....
14-02-2010
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
Dear Saman;
Good to hear from you. Exactly the same happen to me I sent a new enquiry on 13th October, and didn't receive any replies yet Sad Cry
Wish you a great trip to Iran and congratulations for your ceremony.Dropping by Damascus is up to you, my lawyer told me it is not such a good idea but as you know most of these lawyers just talk it is your own decision.Send them you wedding pictures, did they ask for more pictures?(If for your Aghd you had a ceremony with many people do not send them the photos but if your Aghd was just in MAHZAR send them photos it will help them to decide better) My suggestion is don't send them anything until they ask for it. Sending more pictures wouldn't cause any harm to your case but when they didn't insist on more photos it means they have sufficient evidence.If you are going to the embassy take the photos with you and ask about your file update.Hopefully it will help.Wish you best of luck and hopefully you will hear the good news very soon.

Abul Abed

Nov 1, 2010
Hello Eli,

I'm booking her flight and mine for Dec.27th, 2010 and we'll see. Either way, I wanna have my wedding ceremony during the holiday season as I need to get back to my office as soon as the holidays are over.

So how long have you been waiting for?!

P.S. You know the whole time I'm thinking you were a husband sponsoring his wife...lol. I couldn't tell from your name.

tbone

Jun 9, 2010
Dear adul abed!

I know that you are thinking that your application will be finished on dec 27th but to tell you the truth don't bet on it... Sorry to bust your bubble..

Plus you were saying you didn't have the wedding yet that means you don't have real wedding pictures so if you are lucky they won't ask for an interview which will add another month & 1/2.. The reason why I'm saying that because I know of a person who did what you are doing and it took 9 months in Damascus interview included.. The application was done last year and that was when it was when the processing time was faster..

But who knows.. Just prepare for the months ahead.

Wish you best of luck

zohreh.ty

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I just wanna say that I still check this forum daily and I hope everyone get the visa very soon... Hi eli and Kamal, you 2 should be the next..
After a month we haven't received the visa yet, but up to 6 week is normal, and my husband can't quit his job until Jan , So we still can wait.. but I really don't recommend you to send your passport by mail..

Dear AbulAbed,
I had the same situation, we had the official marriage first then we applied on March and we had the real wedding ceremony on July. Nothing happened for us. they know that so many couples plan to have their ceremony later. we just sent the pics later.

Hope the best for all

eli1985

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
Doc's Request.
20-09-2010
Nomination.....
----
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
----
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
-----
Med's Done....
14-02-2010
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
Dear Abdul Abed;
I'm sponsoring my husband who is in Iran, I sent my application on 24th February 2010.They start processing my application in Damascus on 30th March .I'm a Canadian citizen and currently living in Toronto and I have a lawyer. It has been 8 months and 2 weeks since I sent my application and my application is in Damascus for 7 months and 1 week.I sent the complete application and they didn't contact me until September 20th which was the request to fill the RQ and copy of my passport.
It was my whole story,I'm really tired of waiting and I know how difficult is separation.Wish you best of luck, nothing is impossible you are optimistic for sure it will help you.

eli1985

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
Doc's Request.
20-09-2010
Nomination.....
----
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
----
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
-----
Med's Done....
14-02-2010
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
Dear Zohreh,
I'm so happy to see that you still check this forum.Thank you for your warm wishes. I hope your husband visa comes this week and you can see him very soon. You are right, bringing the passport to the embassy is better.It will just take a day or 2 .Thank you for your suggestion.
Wish you a wonderful and beautiful life together :-*

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What are the options other than Mailing the passport?

in case of dropping it in person should it be the applicant or someone else can do it on his/her behalf?

Abul Abed

Nov 1, 2010
Hi Eli,

I feel bad for you, really. I think because you're sponsoring him from Iran has something to do with the length of waiting time. My understanding is that when the wife is sponsoring the husband, officials give the case a little more attention or scrutiny than if it was the opposite. I hope things turn out for the better for you and your husband.

I sent my application on August 27th, 2010 which was finalized in Canada on September 23rd, 2010 and sent to Damascus afterwards. The Damascus office started the process on October 4th, 2010 and they requested the RQ on October 20th, 2010. My wife faxed it over and mailed it within 2 days of the request. So, if they have everything that is required, I don't see any reason for them to delay file for that matter.

Now, in your case, they requested the RQ & Passport photocopy more than 6 months after they received your file in Damascus; this is ridiculous to be honest with you.

Take care!

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
Dear abul abed
you are wrong. It depends on officials. In zohres case the visa was issued just after 1 week of documentation submission. You cant say that elis case took longer or yours will be very soon only because you received additional documents request immidiately. I received additional documents request one month after case number issuance and i am still waiting !
I think you cant judge like this. If it was this easy then lawyers and experts wouldnt get confused. However i do hope that your cas. Will be special and be finalised soon

Abul Abed

Nov 1, 2010
Hi Rezan,

It's not what I meant actually! My case is not, by any means, more special than any of the cases discussed in this forum. What I meant was that in cases where the female sponsor is sponsoring the male, officials tend to scrutinized the case given the fact that many people are, in fact, abusing the system. I wish all the honest people the best in their cases.

I do feel sorry for those whom cases are still not finalized within the promised time frame (6-8 months). That said, in my situation, other than the RQ, the officials did not ask for anything else. In addition, although I hope that my case will finalized before Dec.27th, 2010, I do recognized that it may take longer based on what I saw and read in this forum. Based on my friends' experiences (those who were in the exact situation as me), their cases were finalized on an average of 3.5 months. This actually adds to the frustration.

Honestly, I'm thinking of having my wife apply for a visitor's visa as we're waiting. If she gets it, I can bring her over after my wedding ceremony. I heard of something like this being done. Not sure this, in fact, is a viable option