Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
Dear abul abed

According to my immigration lawyer, the part which take time is POLICE CHECK... this section is determining whether you get your visa soon or not. I don't think checking genuineness of marriages take time. Anyhow I think your idea about applying for visitor visa is not a bad idea. My lawyer is sure that a new application will not have any negative effect on the sponsorship application but he thinks that the chance for gaining a visitor visa is low...

Abul Abed

Nov 1, 2010
Hi Rezan,

Police Check on the Sponsored Person, right?! Well, if that's the case, in Jordan, they require 2 checks: once from the Intelligence Department and another from the main Police Department. Both were given to my wife and included in the application. Now, if the officials in Damascus want to do it, this is a different story. I don't have a lawyer since I thought it wouldn't help in my case but I do appreciate what you told me about what your lawyer told you about a Visitor Visa. I'm thinking that's would be the only option for my wife and I to be together after the wedding. I'm telling, I wouldn't be able to concentrate on work if she's not around. I mean, I moved to a new place, bought a sh*t load of furniture knowing that she'll be with me at the end of this year. It is frustrating!

In 2 weeks, if I don't hear anything from them, I'm pursuing plan B---- Visitor Visa

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
No ! Actually the letters which you submitted are called " POLICE CLEARANCE" !!!!!! You must distinguish between "police clearance" and "background check" also known as police check
They do police check themselves. I heard FBI also help them in this process...
They do police check only for sponsored person to determine if she/he is a security threat for Canada
I do hope your plan B works fine... let us know as it goes on...
P.S: You are completely right about the lawyers ! they don't help at all... at least in my case he didn't

eli1985

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
Doc's Request.
20-09-2010
Nomination.....
----
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
----
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
-----
Med's Done....
14-02-2010
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
Hi Abdul Abed
Rezan mentioned a very good point one of our members (Zohreh) got the visa a week after she sent her RQ, and they sent her RQ exactly after 6 months so it is not ridicules at all. Anyways I'm not hear to convince someone that there is nothing wrong with my case.I'm here to share my story and help others who are in the same position as I'm. I wish all the best for all the applicants in thread.
About your plan B I'm sorry to tell you that mostly likely it will be refused. Go and check other thread there are many threads who talks about this. According to my lawyer, the probability of giving a visitor visa to spouse while her/his application is in process is less than 80%.
I wait for 8 months and many people wait for more than that, and I'm sure none of us are happy.Issuing a visa is not as easy as you think when they don't issue a visa for a husband whose wife is near her due date, I don't think by mentioning I can't live without my spouse will speed up the process!!

arachir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Hi All
check link below for indians its not bad
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-applicants-of-new-delhi-2010-t45583.1455.html

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
Rezen can you please provide us with more details about

Abdul Abed
I know people from Jordan their files goes faster than our friends from Iran, because I have many frineds their files between 3 to 4 months had been done. but you have to get relax and wait, even if it takes time, we all want to be with our wives and husbands but there is no other way but waiting. visit visa will not be easy as you think. the best think you can do is waiting. enjoy with your weeding, spend the time in Jordan with great Memory so that you will make it easy for you and your wife.

the one I cannot understand it they ask for additional document after or before Background check.

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
Yaya Marei said:
Rezen can you please provide us with more details about

...the one I cannot understand it they ask for additional document after or before Background check.
I know many of Iranians who get their visas within 3 months since their application submission. Means just 2 months in Damascus. It was for few months a go. My friend got a student visa in less than 5 DAYS from Canadian embassy in Tehran about 5 months ago !! The clear point is that the timeline for canadian embassy is increased sharply so don't compare yourself with those who applied couple months ago. be realistic. Plan your life based on reality.
I am not sure about police check. I just read it in another thread.
Actually additional documents request is not related to background check. There isn't any link between them. The section which waste the most time is background check. If they request for additional documents it means they have reviewed your case and found it incomplete. This review is done by an ASSESSOR not an officer. So it id not a reliable scale to predict how soon you will get your visa. If you are lucky and your police check will be passed soon then an officer will review your file and you go to next step.
In other categories such as Skilled workers asking for LANDING FEE is an initial sign for approval. it is why so many people think this story is applicable to espousal sponsorship. IT IS CRYSTAL CLEAR that asking for additional documents has nothing to do with the speed of processing.
Applying for a visitor visa won't harm your sponsorship application but the chance for success is very very low. Very rare cases with reasonable and urgent matters might get visa.

eli1985

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
Doc's Request.
20-09-2010
Nomination.....
----
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
----
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
-----
Med's Done....
14-02-2010
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
Dear Rezan
Thank you for your complete information.I totally agree with you, the processing time in Damascus is increased , and it doesn't matter from where you applied, you are a male or female. We are talking about Canadian embassy it is the first country who ban discriminative activities, so no matter where you are from if you are applying through Damascus ,the processing time is the same. They security check is different case by case and it is related to how many countries you visited and how many countries you have lived and some popular names they usually cause a delay in the security check.

Dear IheartCanada
You can drop you passport by yourself or someone who has official authority from you can do it for you, or you can send it to them.

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
you guys miss understand me, when i said Iranian people their time longer not because any discrimination , i am statistic person, work with number and data. i have no discriminative for any . from number i see the fact is Iranian people are longer, it could be check background one of reasons, so guys i am sorry if i did not clear myself.

wish all best

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
If you are familiar with statistic you should know that the very first term in statistic is "Sampling" !! You should pick and select enough individuals randomly befor you want to extent your result to whole society. Do you really believe those few iranians you met in the internet are a reliable source to conclude being an Iranian will cause delays ?!!!!!!!!
Anyway i dont want to extent this topic by arguing about it. Also there is no different whether the sponsored person is male or female. These are just incorrect ideas of us.
If you see some people took longer and some shorter it is because of their case features not because of their gender or country or age or ..!

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
Razen

sorry guys why your fighting with me over my opinion, I am not telling you anything unless what I read in internet, this is the only resource for me now.

I told you and all and I say it again I am not against anyone,
anyway I was here to get some information and provide too, but seems it is not good idea for me. so wish all good luck

you can guys take me off of your list

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
Dear Yaya nor me neither anyone else here wants to argue with you !!!!!
we honour your opinions and we don't want to condemn you. I can't see why you came to this conclusion but I assure you, that I and all people here are happy and glad to have you here. I am sorry that I implied such an idea in your mind and my apology for this.
Stay and keep updated with us...

arachir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
HI all

I sent an email last week to embassy and they replied below

Dear

Please note that background checks are in process. As soon as we receive satisfactory background checks results, we will continue processing your wife's application. This is a legal requirement prior to visa issuance and cannot be avoided.

If we require additional information, a request will be sent to you by mail or email. Please be patient and keep your case status requests to a minimum.

For updated information on our standard processing times, we welcome you to visit our web site.

Regards,

Immigration section - RLA
Embassy of Canada/Damascus- Syria
P.O. Box 3394

eli1985

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
Doc's Request.
20-09-2010
Nomination.....
----
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
----
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
-----
Med's Done....
14-02-2010
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
Dear Yaya Marie
I don't want to argue with anyone, I just paraphrase what MP office told me" There is no difference between the countries you applied, beige female or male, whether the sponsor is PR holder or citizen (once Mississauga accepts the sponsor's application ), the applications which are sent to the same embassy, will be processed under the same policies".
We all are here to help each other and we are like a family.We are happy to have you here, and if I said something that made you upset, my apologies.