+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello to all and a special one to yaya,
your case or mine or anyone else is different than each other
male or female white or black iranian or syrian or any other country if we go thru the threads for others time is not the same for 2 different couples even from the same country
the country does not label how fast our cases should go
plus we are here all together as a family and i am proud of rezan and eli how fast they throw their apologies to you and they really meant it.
our frustration should not change the way our responses are or suggetions again the main reason we are here to help each other and ifffffffffffffffffff one of us is upset that is the main reason we are here to share our thoughts and help each other as much as we can
however we can tell our experience of our cases to anyone can learn what might happen but again each case is different
yaya please stay your hope for a quick case/ visa is a big encouragement for us
come on guys remember we are SISTERS AND BROHTERS AND THOSE ALWAYS FIGHT BUT BEFORE YOU KNOW IT THEY STAY SISTERS AND BROHTERS SO LET US STAY ONE FAMILY CANT YOU SEE HOW MUCH WE ARE GROWING NOW WE START BY TWO OR THREE AND HOW MANY OF US ARE HERE NOW SO PLEASE KEEP YOUR SMILE AND SUGGESTIONS AND LET US SHARE OUR IDEAS AND HOPE FOR THE BEST
GOOD DAY EVERYONE

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
arachir said:
HI all

I sent an email last week to embassy and they replied below

Dear

Please note that background checks are in process. As soon as we receive satisfactory background checks results, we will continue processing your wife's application. This is a legal requirement prior to visa issuance and cannot be avoided.

If we require additional information, a request will be sent to you by mail or email. Please be patient and keep your case status requests to a minimum.

For updated information on our standard processing times, we welcome you to visit our web site.

Regards,

Immigration section - RLA
Embassy of Canada/Damascus- Syria
P.O. Box 3394
Dear Arachir,
Exactly. As I told before the background check consumes the most of processing time, hopefully your background check will be done fast.
About their reply, I have to say they usually don't send replies this informative and special. For most of people I saw they just drop a note which says that file is in the queue and stay patient. but they really replied to your inquiry which I think is very good.
Did you send them an email or use the cic website for inquiry ?

arachir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Hi Rezan
yea ,I think they put much time to write it becasue in the email they wrote my wife's file number and my name.here is the email
re-damascus-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
but i am thinking that are these people in the embassy stupid?or too smart? if they do jobs sequestionally i mean first verifying file then RQ then BC then medical request...............
or when my wife's file started in june they could send the file for BC so in this case it is 5 months for BC.what you think?

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
Dear Arachir

You are completely right. they mentioned in their email" YOUR WIFE'S APPLICATION", which shows this email meant specificity for you .As soon as they issue file number they request a background check but the problem is that there is a huge load of applicant in the queue because all immigrant categories need police check, such as skilled workers...
When they receive an application they request a background check and at the same time an IMMIGRATION ASSESSOR check the application to see if it is complete. If it is not he sends a letter and asks for more documentations. once the police check is done an IMMIGRATION OFFICER check the completed file and make a decision. it is their normal procedure based on my lawyer's speech
Actually if police check goes fast then there isn't anything else to cause delay in application. I really do hope that ours will be finished soon.
hope this reply helps

arachir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Thank you Rezan
but just one thing if they do BC why it is too short for chinese and indian people?

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
Actually they have their own queue. The queue Which is for middle east region is crowded. I also guess that they emphesis more on bc for middle east applicant (for those who apply through canadian embassy in damascus).
Wish all ofyou guys luck

iman773

Star Member
Sep 22, 2010
Hello all,

I think we should accept that some countries might have longer background check process. Although, there is no discrimination between all applicants, however it seems rational that some countries which have some political problems could need more deep investigation. I love Iran an Iranian but we should accept that Iranian might have longer background check. So, we are here to help each other and increase our sense of cooperation.

Hopefully, we will be green soon,

Iman

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
Dear Iman

I was thinking like you and it is a common belief for all of us but it is not correct. Please see the below explanation if you are interested.

Police check just assess if your immigration will be a threat to Canada and a national security risk according to their site. Please be noticed that having any political view will not considered as "SECURITY THREAT" !!!! Actually the aim of police check is not to determine your political views !! Canada is committed to reserve freedom of views. Anyhow I don't think the political problems that exist in Iran cause delays for ordinary people because vast majority of people are against government ( I think more than 80% ). None of the political groups admit terrorist attacks. Although the government denies human rights but I can't see why it should affect Iranian people's police check ! There is no link between political views and police checks unless you belong to a political group which is banned or blacklisted and as far as we all know those who are immigrating from Iran are all strongly against current situation.
Actually the police check for countries in which there are terrorist groups should take longer because they need to investigate people's background to make sure that they are clean and they are not SECURITY THREAT. For example people from Yemen will be investigated more deeply because of the current security situation. Anyhow my lawyer says that even for the countries in which there are terrorist attacks the police check won't make a sensible difference.
For example: If you see an Iranian gets his visa soon you can't judge it is because of country or gender of sponsored person or ...
The same story is true as if an Iranian gets his visa with delays. The point is that each case has its own features and we can't predict the speed of process by knowing country, gender of applicant, age or ... !!!

Also in our own forum: Our friend Omid is from Iran and waiting for about one year while Zohreh also from Iran gets her visa in 5 months.
Mingus which is not Iranian waited more than a year to get visa while PAtrick who also is not Iranian gets his visa in about 5 months.
You see there is a very wide range of timeline no matter where are you from

eli1985

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
Doc's Request.
20-09-2010
Nomination.....
----
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
----
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
-----
Med's Done....
14-02-2010
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
Dear Iman,
I agree with Rezan, political views doesn't do anything with the security check.Each case is different, so we shouldn't judge people based on the country they are from.

Dear Rezan,
Thank you for your brief and useful information.

Dear all;
16th and 17th November(Tuesday and Wednesday) is Eid in Syria. Hopefully after this holiday we will hear some good news.Wish all of you the best.

arachir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Hi
But I am not agree about some poits in Rezan speech,number of Indian and chinese is not comparable to middle eastern,and number of chinese against indian but they get visa sooner,one point i heard is that they have influence in ministry of immigration.

iman773

Star Member
Sep 22, 2010
Hello Rezan,

Thank you for your informative explanation. I read the paragraph, but when you come to Canada you will understand that democracy here is not considered as they mention. Everything is mentioned based on democracy but what happens behind the scene is different. In fact, as I think, discrimination is injected to the society under democracy rules and nobody feels it. For example, everything here such as economy, education, etc is based on relationships, even more than Iran. What they publish in rules and regulations is different from what they really conduct.

However, it is just my opinion and might be incorrect and I do appreciate for your comments.

So, I hope all of us get our visas soon.

Abul Abed

Nov 1, 2010
Hello Rezan,

I wonder as I've noticed that many of the memebers in this forum had submitted their RQ long after their applications were received by Damascus. Is this the norm?! In the meantime, mine or my wife's was requested 2 weeks after they started processing the application. Not sure if this is a good thing! I see many folks here are still waiting for more than 6 months; it is really depressing.

On a different note, I've booked my flight for Decemeber and I hope that my wife's Visa will be issued by then. I won't be under the mercy of a bunch immigration officers. If they're busy, they should hire extra personnel to handle the workload.

I wish all the best

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
Dear Arachir
I think there is a misunderstanding. As I told you before they have their own local office. I didn't say that every country around the world have same timeline !! China has a 6 months timeline while Abu-Zhabi has 25 months ! What I mentioned was that Damascus office has a same timeline for all applicant regardless of their country or gender or...

Dear Iman
I do agree with you. You can see injustice in every country of the world. Actually there are different rates among different countries. You are right but in the case of immigration, there are rules and statutes and they obey.

Dear Abul Abed
You are right, some of our friends here are asked to submit RQ soon after the file number is issued but for some others a long time later. You can take a look at this timeline. It will be helpful. For me and you they requested RQ shortly after file has been transferred to damascus but I think RQ has nothing to do with the speed of the process. our friend Zohreh was waiting about 5 months and after 5 months she finally received RQ and she got her visa just one week after submission of RQ.
Anyhow I really wish that you will be in the plane with your wife in December. Hereby I forward my best regards to you. I am not trying to disappoint you. actually I want you to consider other solutions so if your visa isn't issued by that time, you can avoid hurting your feelings and plans.

Dear Eli,
How are things going ? We arranged a travel to Europe in December so we can meet each other again. So happpppppppppy ! it is a 21day travel ! and I hope we will hear good news while we are on the trip.

eli1985

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
Doc's Request.
20-09-2010
Nomination.....
----
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
----
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
-----
Med's Done....
14-02-2010
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
Dear Rezan,
Thanks for asking, I'm not that good.For holidays I have only 6 days off, so I can not go anywhere.I'm planning to quit my job and go back to Iran if they don't ask for passport until mid December. I'm recently graduated and I got a very good job it is a shame that I have to quit because of this long waiting. This process ruins my life so bad :( :'(
Wish you a great holiday together, and hopefully they request for your passport very soon.

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
Oh i am really sorry :-( i really do hope that you get your visa very soon. I see how difficult it is to quit your job and search for the same job in future again. Anyway congratulation for ur graduation. They MUST issue your visa until end of november. I really hope to see you very happy in early future...
Take care