+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ and Sponsorship of Adult Sibling (Lonely Canadian Case)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Frange,
Here’s an update. We got an email asking for additional documents after 2 weeks of my Niece’s medical results. They are asking for Sponsor’s Marriage search from Vital statistics Canada, and it looks like I won’t be able to get one unless im married, I’m so confused what to provide as it wasn’t specific what document they need. I only have 3 weeks left from my deadline and sending them inquiry will take time for sure. You have any idea about this? The email I received was a
Procedural Fairness.
A PFL is serious…what does the letter say?

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Hi all,

Another step completed in this long journey. Today I received the AOR email and my brother's application was transferred to the VO. He also received the BIL on the same day.

neilnaq

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 9th, 2015
Doc's Request.
reminder email: Sept. 14, 2015
AOR Received.
EP: June 17th, 2015
IELTS Request
included upon submission
Med's Request
Sept. 10, 2015
Med's Done....
Sept. 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2012
Hi all,

Another step completed in this long journey. Today I received the AOR email and my brother's application was transferred to the VO. He also received the BIL on the same day.
That's good news. I submitted mine on Oct 26, 2021 and they received it on Nov. 1, 2021. I should be expecting AOR soon.

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi all,

What is your timeline and which VO is transferred your file? PA's country?

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
@frange
One thing I also received with the SA email is yet another form that I have to complete and send back "Family Information Sheet for Sponsorship under R 117(1)h" which includes a table for information about all my relatives (siblings, aunts, uncles, parents, grandparents, nieces, nephews). The requested information in the table includes names, dates of birth/death, and addresses!

Did anyone here receive this sheet too? I'm not sure how I can collect all that information! I mean getting the dates alone is a big challenge. I have no idea what some of those birth dates are!

frange

May 25, 2018
@frange
One thing I also received with the SA email is yet another form that I have to complete and send back "Family Information Sheet for Sponsorship under R 117(1)h" which includes a table for information about all my relatives (siblings, aunts, uncles, parents, grandparents, nieces, nephews). The requested information in the table includes names, dates of birth/death, and addresses!

Did anyone here receive this sheet too? I'm not sure how I can collect all that information! I mean getting the dates alone is a big challenge. I have no idea what some of those birth dates are!
Did you apply from Quebec or from any other province in Canada (the Rest Of Canada/The ROC)?
I apply from Quebec; but Quebec files do not move fast because of the quotas ( numbers fixed.

Yes I received that form right after the sponsor approval. It is used to clarify your relatives in Canada. For my grand parents, I put birth and death days are unknown since I did not have any information about them and I was able to have the death certificates for both my parents.

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Did you apply from Quebec or from any other province in Canada (the Rest Of Canada/The ROC)?
I apply from Quebec; but Quebec files do not move fast because of the quotas ( numbers fixed.

Yes I received that form right after the sponsor approval. It is used to clarify your relatives in Canada. For my grand parents, I put birth and death days are unknown since I did not have any information about them and I was able to have the death certificates for both my parents.
Thanks for the info @frange. I moved out from Quebec last year. I applied from a different province. So no CSQ required in my case.

I have the required information for my parents (birth/death dates), and I can probably find at least the death certificates for my grandparents. It's the aunts and uncles part that is going to challenging. Anyway, hopefully I can collect those details as soon as I can. There was no deadline mentioned. But it's probably 30 days.

frange

May 25, 2018
Thanks for the info @frange. I moved out from Quebec last year. I applied from a different province. So no CSQ required in my case.

I have the required information for my parents (birth/death dates), and I can probably find at least the death certificates for my grandparents. It's the aunts and uncles part that is going to challenging. Anyway, hopefully I can collect those details as soon as I can. There was no deadline mentioned. But it's probably 30 days.
If you have aunts, uncles in Canada as PR or Canadian, you are not eligible to sponsor under this category.
Did you provide the last 3 fiscal years?

I am planning to move out of Quebec in June or July 2022 and I know for sure that my application won't finish at this time. I don't know what am I going to do and I have to move at my property. Do you have any suggestion?

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
If you have aunts, uncles in Canada as PR or Canadian, you are not eligible to sponsor under this category.
Did you provide the last 3 fiscal years?

I am planning to move out of Quebec in June or July 2022 and I know for sure that my application won't finish at this time. I don't know what am I going to do and I have to move at my property. Do you have any suggestion?
None of my aunts and uncles are Canadian or PR. But I don't think the table in the form is about relatives who are Canadian or PR. It just wants a list of all relatives and their information. Unless I misunderstood something.

I only provided a letter from employer and last NoA.

From what I read in the forum, the common opinion is if you move, you can just let IRCC know that you are no longer in QC and update your address. Here is one thread:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/family-sponsorship-from-quebec-but-moved-to-ontario.639265/

But that's just based on reading about other experiences on this forum. And it's possible that IRCC might request additional information to confirm that.

neilnaq

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 9th, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
EP: June 17th, 2015
IELTS Request
included upon submission
Med's Request
Sept. 10, 2015
Med's Done....
Sept. 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2012
I just received AOR today.

Application Sent: Oct 26, 2021
Application Received: Nov. 1, 2021
AOR1: Feb 8, 2022
SA: Feb 8, 2022
Transf. to VO (Manila): Feb 8, 2022
BIL Request: Feb 8, 2022

frange

May 25, 2018
I just received AOR today.

Application Sent: Oct 26, 2021
Application Received: Nov. 1, 2021
AOR1: Feb 8, 2022
SA: Feb 8, 2022
Transf. to VO (Manila): Feb 8, 2022
BIL Request: Feb 8, 2022
Congratulation...
Which Province are you from? Quebec or Ontario?

neilnaq

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 9th, 2015
Doc's Request.