+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family sponsorship from Quebec but moved to Ontario

js2489

Jun 25, 2019
Hey Everyone,

I applied immigration for my wife under Family Sponsorship from Quebec. I received CSQ during my application, but I moved out of Quebec to Ontario because of better job opportunity within the process.
On my cic file my address reflects to Ontario's address.
we received landing document few days back, it has my Ontario address as well.
My question is where should we do landing Quebec or Ontario?
Will there be objections by Border official about my change of address.. ?
Thanks in advance !

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey Everyone,

I applied immigration for my wife under Family Sponsorship from Quebec. I received CSQ during my application, but I moved out of Quebec to Ontario because of better job opportunity within the process.
On my cic file my address reflects to Ontario's address.
we received landing document few days back, it has my Ontario address as well.
My question is where should we do landing Quebec or Ontario?
Will there be objections by Border official about my change of address.. ?
Thanks in advance !
Why would CBSA object to your change of address? People are allowed to move. She can land wherever she wants.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
For family / spousal sponsorship, CIC don't care where you land, nor where in Canada you live, EXCEPT that it is not a good idea to have applied for provinces other than QC, then immediately try to live in QC (but the other way around - i.e. saying you want to live in QC, then living elsewhere is fine).

js2489

Jun 25, 2019
Why would CBSA object to your change of address? People are allowed to move. She can land wherever she wants.
I am just wondering if Quebec has obligations, because we filled in "Intent to Stay in Quebec" form with CSQ and on landing document it states 1. Province of Destination:- QC
2. City of Destination:- Montreal
CBSA could question about admissibility that you are not fulfilling your intent?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am just wondering if Quebec has obligations, because we filled in "Intent to Stay in Quebec" form with CSQ and on landing document it states 1. Province of Destination:- QC
2. City of Destination:- Montreal
CBSA could question about admissibility that you are not fulfilling your intent?
No, they can't question admissibility. There is no such "intent" obligation with Family Class sponsorship.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, can you share your experience with us? We applied for my wife in Quebec and now we are moving to Toronto and we are wondering if that could possibly cause a problem for us?
It's fine for you to move. Update IRCC with your new address.

Mars2016

Jun 8, 2016
Is the above discusaion true in case of parents/family sponsorship too? Ie. When sponsor moves to a different province while app. is in process?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Is the above discusaion true in case of parents/family sponsorship too? Ie. When sponsor moves to a different province while app. is in process?
Of course. IRCC does not restrict people from being able to move within Canada during a sponsorship application.

Reactions: Mars2016

TANTALYN

Jun 8, 2020
Two part question-

#1- I sent in my CSQ application however due to Covid-19 it has been delayed. My credit card on file is expiring next month, and that means it may be returned. They are about 7 months backed up, does that mean that I will now have to wait almost 2 years for QC to give approval? Does this affect my sponsorship application, will he not be able to come to Canada until Quebec approves?
#2- What happens if I move to Ontario or BC in that time frame? Will I still have to wait on the CSQ answer? Please help!