+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ and Sponsorship of Adult Sibling (Lonely Canadian Case)

frange

May 25, 2018
Thanks for the info @frange. I moved out from Quebec last year. I applied from a different province. So no CSQ required in my case.

I have the required information for my parents (birth/death dates), and I can probably find at least the death certificates for my grandparents. It's the aunts and uncles part that is going to challenging. Anyway, hopefully I can collect those details as soon as I can. There was no deadline mentioned. But it's probably 30 days.
How is it going? No further movement?

Mine is stocked, nothing afterwards....

frange

May 25, 2018
Is there a movement on this thread? Nothing at my side and Ukraine crisis will hurt us so badly in term of progress.

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi folks;

For those who applied under other relative category in the Rest Of Canada (ROC), not Quebec, how many fiscal years did you provide?
I am confused about 1 or 3 taxation years to provide?

Thank you.

neilnaq

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 9th, 2015
Doc's Request.
reminder email: Sept. 14, 2015
AOR Received.
EP: June 17th, 2015
IELTS Request
included upon submission
Med's Request
Sept. 10, 2015
Med's Done....
Sept. 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2012
Hi folks;

For those who applied under other relative category in the Rest Of Canada (ROC), not Quebec, how many fiscal years did you provide?

Thank you.
I only provided 1 year.

Reactions: frange

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
How is it going? No further movement?

Mine is stocked, nothing afterwards....
The last request was for a PCC on Feb 7. It took a while for my brother to get it and translate it, but eventually submitted through the online Web form on Mar 18. Since then, nothing. Even after submitting the requested family information form, I only received an automated message that they received the enquiry and that they are very busy and will get back to me as soon as possible. But no confirmation that the documents that were submitted were even added to the file. Clearly they are overwhelmed and the crisis in Ukraine is going to affect the progress of all other applications.

I only provided 1 year too.

Reactions: frange

neilnaq

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 9th, 2015
Doc's Request.
reminder email: Sept. 14, 2015
AOR Received.
EP: June 17th, 2015
IELTS Request
included upon submission
Med's Request
Sept. 10, 2015
Med's Done....
Sept. 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2012
The last request was for a PCC on Feb 7. It took a while for my brother to get it and translate it, but eventually submitted through the online Web form on Mar 18. Since then, nothing. Even after submitting the requested family information form, I only received an automated message that they received the enquiry and that they are very busy and will get back to me as soon as possible. But no confirmation that the documents that were submitted were even added to the file. Clearly they are overwhelmed and the crisis in Ukraine is going to affect the progress of all other applications.

I only provided 1 year too.
Did your brother get medical request already?

Here's the Application Statius of my Brother in the new status Tracker:

Application history

Apr 4, 2022 - We received your enquiry. (Probably the Family Information Sheet I submitted)

Mar 9, 2022 - Medical exam activity status updated

Medical exam
Medical exam status has been updated to Completed

Feb 17, 2022 - We received the police certificate(s) you sent us.

Feb 10, 2022 - Medical exam activity status updated

Medical exam
Medical exam status has been updated to In progress

Feb 9, 2022 - Complete your immigration medical exam
We sent you a request to complete a medical exam. Read the message for more details.

Feb 8, 2022 - We sent you a message about your application
Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary.

Feb 7, 2022 - Complete your biometrics
We sent you a message with instructions on how to submit your fingerprints and photo. Please complete this by the date shown in your message.

Oct 31, 2021 - Application received
We received your application and we’re checking to make sure you’ve submitted all the required forms and documents on the document checklist. If your application is incomplete, we’ll return it to you without processing it. If your application has all the requested forms and documents, you’ll get a message confirming we’ve accepted your application for processing.

Reactions: informer2000

frange

May 25, 2018

Application history

Apr 4, 2022 - We received your enquiry. (Probably the Family Information Sheet I submitted)

Mar 9, 2022 - Medical exam activity status updated

Medical exam
Medical exam status has been updated to Completed

Feb 17, 2022 - We received the police certificate(s) you sent us.

Feb 10, 2022 - Medical exam activity status updated

Medical exam
Medical exam status has been updated to In progress

Feb 9, 2022 - Complete your immigration medical exam
We sent you a request to complete a medical exam. Read the message for more details.

Feb 8, 2022 - We sent you a message about your application
Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary.

Feb 7, 2022 - Complete your biometrics
We sent you a message with instructions on how to submit your fingerprints and photo. Please complete this by the date shown in your message.

Oct 31, 2021 - Application received
We received your application and we’re checking to make sure you’ve submitted all the required forms and documents on the document checklist. If your application is incomplete, we’ll return it to you without processing it. If your application has all the requested forms and documents, you’ll get a message confirming we’ve accepted your application for processing.
Wow, your file is moving smoothly.

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008

No, no medial request yet.

Also, I tried to sign up for the new status tracker. But I keep getting an error message "Incorrect or invalid information." I'm using the exact same information in the application. It seems they haven't entered the information into the system yet, although I submitted the application around the same time as you.

frange

May 25, 2018
No, no medial request yet.

Also, I tried to sign up for the new status tracker. But I keep getting an error message "Incorrect or invalid information." I'm using the exact same information in the application. It seems they haven't entered the information into the system yet, although I submitted the application around the same time as you.
The tracker is for spousal sponsorship.

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
The tracker is for spousal sponsorship.
Although it says "Spouse, partner, or dependent child", based on the update from @neilnaq above, it seems he is able to access it for his sponsorship application and his brother also can see updates regarding his case.

I was also able to eventually create an account and I can see the status updates for the sponsor. The weird thing is the system lists my old address in Quebec although that was not the address in my application! It's as if it is a completely separate system and not just a new portal interface.

My brother is still unable to create an account though. So it is a bit confusing!

Emmaugoh

May 8, 2022
If you have aunts, uncles in Canada as PR or Canadian, you are not eligible to sponsor under this category.
Did you provide the last 3 fiscal years?

I am planning to move out of Quebec in June or July 2022 and I know for sure that my application won't finish at this time. I don't know what am I going to do and I have to move at my property. Do you have any suggestion?
Does this include step uncles and Aunt

frange

May 25, 2018
Does this include step uncles and Aunt
Your answer is right there;

Other relative
You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age, if you meet all of these conditions:

• you (the person who wants to sponsor your relative) don't have a living relative you could sponsor instead, such as a:
    • spouse
    • common-law partner
    • conjugal partner
    • son or daughter
    • parent
    • grandparent
    • orphaned brother or sister
    • orphaned nephew or niece
    • orphaned grandchild
  • you (the potential sponsor) don’t have any relatives (aunt or uncle or any of the relatives listed above), who is a:
    • Canadian citizen
    • permanent resident
    • registered Indian under the Indian Act
If the relative you want to sponsor has a spouse, partner, or dependent children who will come with them to Canada, you must include them on the same sponsorship application.

Examples of who you can sponsor
See the examples below to better understand who you can sponsor.

Example 3: Not eligible to sponsor an aunt by marriage
Aba is a Canadian citizen. The only family she had in Canada was her mother, who passed away. Aba has always been close to her mother’s only brother and his wife. Aba’s uncle recently passed away, and Aba would like to sponsor his wife (her aunt by marriage) to come to Canada. Aba does not meet the requirements to sponsor her aunt, because they’re not related by blood.

Emmaugoh

May 8, 2022
new status
i
Your answer is right there;

Other relative
You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age, if you meet all of these conditions:

• you (the person who wants to sponsor your relative) don't have a living relative you could sponsor instead, such as a:
    • spouse
    • common-law partner
    • conjugal partner
    • son or daughter
    • parent
    • grandparent
    • orphaned grandchild
  • you (the potential sponsor) don’t have any relatives (aunt or uncle or any of the relatives listed above), who is a:
    • Canadian citizen
    • permanent resident
If the relative you want to sponsor has a spouse, partner, or dependent children who will come with them to Canada, you must include them on the same sponsorship application.

Examples of who you can sponsor
See the examples below to better understand who you can sponsor.

Example 3: Not eligible to sponsor an aunt by marriage
Aba is a Canadian citizen. The only family she had in Canada was her mother, who passed away. Aba has always been close to her mother’s only brother and his wife. Aba’s uncle recently passed away, and Aba would like to sponsor his wife (her aunt by marriage) to come to Canada. Aba does not meet the requirements to sponsor her aunt, because they’re not related by blood.
They didn't day anything by half uncle

frange

May 25, 2018
i

They didn't day anything by half uncle
Do you speak ENGLISH or Not? Do you have a blood or adoption link with your half uncle or NOT?
If NOT, you're NOT eligible.

• spouse
    • common-law partner
    • conjugal partner
    • son or daughter
    • parent
    • grandparent
    • orphaned grandchild
    • Canadian citizen
    • permanent resident