+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminality checks

Marriageisbliss

Oct 23, 2018
First time on here I applied for h&c I got first stage approval second letter came for medical to pay pr fee passport police record from my country I send in all the documents that they ask for, November 14 to my surprise they send back for police record from my country again the lawyer secretary didn't give her the police record so she as resend it on December 4th . today I call the call center the officer that I spoke to said that they just update that they received it , I pass everything and there still doing background .can any one give me any idea how long the background is going to take to finish??
They passed me 4 days later and gave the approval 2 months after that. (then pandemic hit and messed it all up)

Sweet child

May 4, 2020
They passed me 4 days later and gave the approval 2 months after that. (then pandemic hit and messed it all up)
I got a email from my lawyer this morning saying that the officer said that she need my current address that the last thing she said she need ,so hopefully I get my copr this week coming.

Aashna1684

Apr 20, 2020
Hello, I applied for spousal sponsorship + OWP on July 2, 2020. I received AOR on February 18th, 2021. I called IRCC today to find out if there is any update. I was told current status of application is 'Criminality Check'. Aren't they suppose to send Biometric and Medical request before criminality check? This has me all confused. Anyone knows what they mean by criminality check?

Marriageisbliss

Oct 23, 2018
So you haven't got your copr as yet??
3 years.. nothing. I was approved March 10th the day before the pandemic closed all offices. Sept we got another approval and asked foe copr and currier to take passport. half way sent, they stopped passport and said criminal is expired now....

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, I applied for spousal sponsorship + OWP on July 2, 2020. I received AOR on February 18th, 2021. I called IRCC today to find out if there is any update. I was told current status of application is 'Criminality Check'. Aren't they suppose to send Biometric and Medical request before criminality check? This has me all confused. Anyone knows what they mean by criminality check?
These things can happen in parallel. Part of the criminiality check is just IRCC querying databases / foreign partners.

Reactions: Aashna1684