Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
BeShoo said:
OMG! The ECAS changed to "Decision Made"! I'm so excited and worried at the same time. They never asked for the U.S. passport, but I suppose they wouldn't. It had better be positive! I'm going to be sitting by the mailbox the next few days!

Congratulations BeShoo!!!im really happy for you! :)

Icy Empress

Oct 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Doc's Request.
3-15-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
Holy crap we got Decision Made today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We never even saw In Process, just went from Application Received to Decision made :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyone know the delay. I assume we will get something in the mail?

SO HAPPPPPPPYYYYY the smile couldn't be bigger without breaking my face :D

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Icy Empress said:

We never even saw In Process, just went from Application Received to Decision made :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

if the applicant is visa excempt, then they can expect their COPR in the regular mail. if the applicant requires a visa, then more than likely the decision letter will have instructions about sending their passport to the visa office for processing. how long the letter takes to get to you depends on where it is being mailed to. it will be a brown envelop sent by regular mail. congrats! when was your application submitted?

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Icy Empress said:

Wool!congrats!!your application was recieved just a week before me so that's good news for me too hopefully!

Icy Empress

Oct 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Doc's Request.
3-15-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
rhcohen2014 said:
if the applicant is visa excempt, then they can expect their COPR in the regular mail. if the applicant requires a visa, then more than likely the decision letter will have instructions about sending their passport to the visa office for processing. how long the letter takes to get to you depends on where it is being mailed to. it will be a brown envelop sent by regular mail. congrats! when was your application submitted?
Thanks for the quick reply! Our application was received on June 13th 2014. We probably would have been accepted way sooner but we didn't realize we had to sent a physical copy of our CSQ. We sent it via post and they received it March 4th 2015.

He's a Michigander so I do believe he will be visa exempt :)

Hope so for you Karl!!!!!

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Icy Empress said:
Hope so for you Karl!!!!!

Thanks Icy Empress!enjoy your new life in Canada :)

Coni

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/30/2014
Doc's Request.
10/10/2014//11/25/2014
AOR Received.
11/19/14// PR application recieved on 10/23/14//SA was approved on 11/27/14
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
8/18/2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Decision Made 05/26/2015 PPR 05/26/2015
VISA ISSUED...
6/23/2015
LANDED..........
SOON :-)
Icy Empress said:

Congratulations Icy Empress!! And good luck to you in Canada.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Icy Empress said:
I've seen some people who get the letter in the mail before ECAS says, "Decision made" and some that get the letter 1 to even 3 weeks later. I guess it depends on a lot of factors. We are a 15 minute drive from the CPC-Ottawa office, so I'm hoping it will be quick.

oh101

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
BeShoo said:
I've seen some people who get the letter in the mail before ECAS says, "Decision made" and some that get the letter 1 to even 3 weeks later. I guess it depends on a lot of factors. We are a 15 minute drive from the CPC-Ottawa office, so I'm hoping it will be quick.

I'm currently less than 10 mins to CPC office. I hope your logic is right. I have sent in a photo passport since 18 March and still notthing coming out yet. My tracker not yet activate ::)

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
So time for another rant! I spoke to a very nice girl at my in laws MP's office who contacted CIC on our behalf to check if they received our additional information on intent to move which they had....great...however, they included a note saying they still didn't feel it was enough evidence of our intent to move back to canada. Even though we included about 8 letters from friends and family, bank statements, email correspondence with a realtor about apartments and a job offer for my other half. They said our file was in the pile to be reviewed but we were pretty shocked that this still isn't enough intent. On the plus side the MP said they would write a letter of support for our application. We're almost feeling that the only thing we can do is pack up and move....or 'visit' given I won't have PR. I got so mad I nearly threw our maple syrup in the trash!

Icy Empress

Oct 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Doc's Request.
3-15-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
BeShoo said:
Congrats to you as well! Thanks to you we sent in our CSQ :)

He's pretty far, he's in Michigan and our VO is ottawa, so maybe like 1-2 week delay in receiving the papers.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
brucem said:
So time for another rant! I spoke to a very nice girl at my in laws MP's office who contacted CIC on our behalf to check if they received our additional information on intent to move which they had....great...however, they included a note saying they still didn't feel it was enough evidence of our intent to move back to canada. Even though we included about 8 letters from friends and family, bank statements, email correspondence with a realtor about apartments and a job offer for my other half. They said our file was in the pile to be reviewed but we were pretty shocked that this still isn't enough intent. On the plus side the MP said they would write a letter of support for our application. We're almost feeling that the only thing we can do is pack up and move....or 'visit' given I won't have PR. I got so mad I nearly threw our maple syrup in the trash!

Holy s***
I wonder what they have a problem with?very sorry to hear that brucem :(

By the way,you should joint the ottawa limbo facebook group that's been started!good place to vent :)

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
brucem said:
... they still didn't feel it was enough evidence of our intent to move back to canada. Even though we included about 8 letters from friends and family, bank statements, email correspondence with a realtor about apartments and a job offer for my other half.
Well, they did say they haven't actually reviewed it yet, but I admit that it's very annoying. They have a lot of leeway, unfortunately. There's a significant component of judgement and you never know what they'll think. It sounds like very good evidence to me. Hopefully, they will thin kthe same when they actually get around to reviewing it. I don't know what else you could do, short of actually moving now.

canada_nz

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-5-2015
brucem said:
That is crazy (and I'm clearly worried now because we submitted basically the same). Do you think there is any chance that was the last status/note left in your file before requesting more documentation in January and it was misinterpreted as the current status (even after you've already sent it in). My impression would have been that if CIC had gone as far as reviewing/deciding its not enough proof they would have requested more or let you know and not just make that decision and let the file sit there?? Seems unfinished if a decision was made in that regard.

Its pretty ridiculous considering they don't outline any realistic examples for intent to move when both partners are living outside of Canada. Also from reading this message board, 'intent to move' has never seemed like a difficult hurdle for people!?!

Considering they aren't processing apps in Ottawa filed later than you I would still believe you're in line.
But of course now I wonder if I should request notes or get my mom to meet with an MP. Gah.
This process is doing my head in.