Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Canada_nz, I agree that the process is brutal. It seems as if everyone just assumes that you can get married and you're automatically, instantly in, but you are never sure and the waiting seems to take forever.

I do agree, though, that if they didn't have sufficient proof, they would ask for more. If they haven't asked for more, you probably don't need to worry.

canada_nz

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-5-2015
We aren't married so fully expected to have to prove our relationship is genuine. But from reading the boards, if you put together a comprehensive package with things like tenancy agreements, child birth certificates, joint bank accounts, photos/holidays there in fact did seem to be a reasonable level of certainty. I have never read a refusal of that type of package/proof and same with the 'intent to move' proof.
I have to give credit to CIC for allowing CL though as alot of countries don't acknowledge it.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
canada_nz said:
That is crazy (and I'm clearly worried now because we submitted basically the same). Do you think there is any chance that was the last status/note left in your file before requesting more documentation in January and it was misinterpreted as the current status (even after you've already sent it in). My impression would have been that if CIC had gone as far as reviewing/deciding its not enough proof they would have requested more or let you know and not just make that decision and let the file sit there?? Seems unfinished if a decision was made in that regard.

Its pretty ridiculous considering they don't outline any realistic examples for intent to move when both partners are living outside of Canada. Also from reading this message board, 'intent to move' has never seemed like a difficult hurdle for people!?!

Considering they aren't processing apps in Ottawa filed later than you I would still believe you're in line.
But of course now I wonder if I should request notes or get my mom to meet with an MP. Gah.
This process is doing my head in.
Its really frustrating but we're trying to put together some additional evidence to submit. Unfortunately the note they added was definitely about the new evidence we submitted as they had described some of it in detail. However, it does have to reviewed by another officer so who knows what they will make of it. I mean my wife has a job offer, which there is no way I could get due to the nature of my field work without being in Canada. Apparently they give you one more chance if they still don't feel its enough but again it has to be reviewed properly by another officer first, who may take a different view. But we're not going to risk it being put back again so we'll just fire more info to them now.

blink1ate2

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
brucem said:
Its really frustrating but we're trying to put together some additional evidence to submit. Unfortunately the note they added was definitely about the new evidence we submitted as they had described some of it in detail. However, it does have to reviewed by another officer so who knows what they will make of it. I mean my wife has a job offer, which there is no way I could get due to the nature of my field work without being in Canada. Apparently they give you one more chance if they still don't feel its enough but again it has to be reviewed properly by another officer first, who may take a different view. But we're not going to risk it being put back again so we'll just fire more info to them now.
I thought proof of return was supposed to be for Sponsor? If you have been approved as sponsor why are they asking you for this? Now I am worried that I will get asked this! :eek:

canada_nz

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-5-2015
Ah. Rats. My hopeful theory was wrong.
A job offer is great! There is no way we'd secure job offers without a landing date so I have no idea what CIC expects or if they understand how most firms hire. Not many firms in our industry (banks or oil companies) will offer jobs with open ended start dates!?! What. A. Joke.
I can totally see why you're sending more proof but I am confident/hopeful this second officer should find it sufficient. I haven't come accross an instance in these boards where the 'proof of intent to move' wasn't enough. SMDH.

blink1ate2, this request came to both brucem and I after SA. It could be a standard request as we had both provided what we thought was sufficient that the Sponsor intended to move to Canada.

I feel like pulling together the enormous package involved and basically handing over every detail of your entire life should show enough intent!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
blink1ate2 said:
I thought proof of return was supposed to be for Sponsor? If you have been approved as sponsor why are they asking you for this? Now I am worried that I will get asked this! :eek:
because CIC wants to know the sponsor AND the applicant plan to move to Canada IMMEDIATELY upon approval. this is quite normal these days, as CIC doesn't want to just issue PR for the sake of issuing PR. if the "intent" submitted is proposed for too far in the future, CIC can/will deny the application. we have seen this happen before. any "intent" submitted is best written when the plan is immediate. The sponsor's eligibility to sponsor has nothing to do with their intent to settle in canada immediately upon approval. the sponsor eligibility simply means the person has been found ELIGIBLE to be a sponsor and they meet all the criteria for that eligibility (ie: no criminal issues, bankruptcy or welfare).

canada_nz said:
I haven't come accross an instance in these boards where the 'proof of intent to move' wasn't enough. SMDH.
we saw this happen last year. a us/canadian couple was rejected because their proof of intent was written too far in advance for the officer's liking and were told to reapply when they were ready. the couple went on the basis of the processing time on the CIC website (15 mo), not what actually happening at the time for approval (6 mo). It seems CIC is more concerned about the TIMING of the intent to return.

canada_nz

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-5-2015
Of course. If your proof hinges on a specific/extended timeline you'll obviously put yourself it a bad position. We're assuming submitting as much as you can and moving with immediate effect here.

If that was the reason behind that couple being denied, I am surprised CIC isn't more specific in mentioning timing in their request.

SPR's residency: Please provide evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada, or has taken steps to re-establish residence in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history, employment letters, lease agreements, etc. Driver's licences, property tax assessments, social insurance or health insurance cards are not sufficient to show intent to return.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
canada_nz said:
Of course. If your proof hinges on a specific/extended timeline you'll obviously put yourself it a bad position. We're assuming submitting as much as you can and moving with immediate effect here.
just because YOU assume what you write "means" immediate intent, the officer can interpret it differently if the wording is not specific enough. That's why it's important to use wording like "upon approval of application we will immediately do xyz". when it comes to these applications, it's the applicant's/sponsor's job to connect the dots for cic, not assume they will figure out what is meant. we know from most of the stories here, CIC needs to be told specifically certain things in order for the application to be successful.

blink1ate2

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
canada_nz said:

If that was the reason behind that couple being denied, I am surprised CIC isn't more specific in mentioning timing in their request.

SPR's residency: Please provide evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada, or has taken steps to re-establish residence in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history, employment letters, lease agreements, etc. Driver's licences, property tax assessments, social insurance or health insurance cards are not sufficient to show intent to return.
Oh dear! I won't get worked up about this yet but that was the only thing I was worried about for our application! And I thought since I was approved as sponsor that I was in the clear LOL - the only proof I have is that my UK Visa expires and there is no way of extending or changing it so I have to return, letter from my current UK employer saying she is aware that I must return to Canada due to my visa conditions and letters from my family! Bank account and credit cards in Canada. But No job offers or property back in Canada!

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
just because YOU assume what you write "means" immediate intent, the officer can interpret it differently if the wording is not specific enough. That's why it's important to use wording like "upon approval of application we will immediately do xyz". when it comes to these applications, it's the applicant's/sponsor's job to connect the dots for cic, not assume they will figure out what is meant. we know from most of the stories here, CIC needs to be told specifically certain things in order for the application to be successful.
Actually thats a good point. We are going to submit something with exact intent and using far more specific language like 'upon approval we will immediately do this' that may have been our downfall as being too general.

canada_nz

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-5-2015
I meant for the sake of this discussion we are assuming we are submitting this evidence in the correct fashion. I think everyone is on the same page in regards to how/what/can be submitted here.

Don't sweat it (yet) blink, until we see if brucem's proof really is rejected and it may well be a standard request these days? All of our correspondence referred to Spring/Summer 2015 or 'as soon as we receive approval from Immigration etc'. We could be getting worked up for no reason here ;)

blink1ate2

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
canada_nz said:
I meant for the sake of this discussion we are assuming we are submitting this evidence in the correct fashion. I think everyone is on the same page in regards to how/what/can be submitted here.

Don't sweat it (yet) blink, until we see if brucem's proof really is rejected and it may well be a standard request these days? All of our correspondence referred to Spring/Summer 2015 or 'as soon as we receive approval from Immigration etc'. We could be getting worked up for no reason here ;)
Agreed! ;)

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
It might just be me and the way I presented it so I wouldn't worry. The MP's assistant also said she would keep a weekly check on our app so we'll see what happens. I know AshleyAnne is in the same boat so if she got approved and she submitted hers in December then its more likely it was just the way I did it.

ascouple

Jul 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 04-29-2015
LANDED..........
03-05-2015
For those of you guys who changed your address - did you get a confirmation when the address has been changed in their system?

Submitted my request online 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back. Address also hasn't been changed. Wonder if I should follow up soon.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
ascouple said:
For those of you guys who changed your address - did you get a confirmation when the address has been changed in their system?

Submitted my request online 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back. Address also hasn't been changed. Wonder if I should follow up soon.
You will see it updated in ECAS but they won't reply to tell you its done. It can take a good few weeks so I wouldn't worry just yet.