+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-Ottawa ONLY - Post your timeline here! faster processing?

KY2CA

Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
Med's Request
Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Feb 27 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 20 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 22 2013
That is good news Canadabie. 8)

Did you get the request for passport in Dec? I feel 3-4 weeks for the PP to return.
My medicals were completed in dec 2011. I saw that your medicals were done in Oct 2011. Did you redo the medicals since 1 year passed-by?

congrats again.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Canadabie said:
Hi Guys,
My application status has been changed to "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. " I have already submitted my passport to Detroit consulate a week ago based on their request, does it mean that they issued the visa and documents they were asking (RPRF, photos etc) have been received by them and they are satisfied with it? How long will it take for them to send the passport back, please note that I had enclosed Xpress post envelop with the packet?

Regards,
Canadabie.
1 week..

Canadabie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Earlier Buffalo later on xfered to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
End of Sept 2011
File Transfer...
To Ottawa
Med's Request
End of Sept 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
Thanks KY2CA, sharuu for your replies.

KY2CA: I didn't had to redo my medicals, I hope you may not have to redo too :).

The reason I asked my earlier question was because my work permit is going to expire in last week of Jan'13. Do you guys/ anyone in the forum believe that I may have to extend my work permit if I don't get my PR card before that i.e let's say by mid Jan? or what would make my status change from work permit to PR (getting visa on passport or finally receiving PR card)?

I apologies for diverting attention of forum from its actual context..

Regards,
Canadabie.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Canadabie said:
Thanks KY2CA, sharuu for your replies.

KY2CA: I didn't had to redo my medicals, I hope you may not have to redo too :).

The reason I asked my earlier question was because my work permit is going to expire in last week of Jan'13. Do you guys/ anyone in the forum believe that I may have to extend my work permit if I don't get my PR card before that i.e let's say by mid Jan? or what would make my status change from work permit to PR (getting visa on passport or finally receiving PR card)?

I apologies for diverting attention of forum from its actual context..

Regards,
Canadabie.
Once you land, you can goto Service canada and get the new SIN based on COPR. You should not need a work permit once you become a PR!

Zedd

Oct 14, 2012
CIC does not deal with such situation, it only deals with your immigration process for Canadian RP. Now, for your case in the US, you have to find the solution that is best for you. From what I understand you have graduated and are working with your OPT. Since OPT is expiring, you can:
1) Stay up to 3 months in US before leaving for your home country (check with your foreign student advisor for time limit). Hopefully CIC may have given PR by then. You might want to find out with them if you can switch Visa Offices as you'd be moving back home.
2) If you want to buy more time in the US rather that go home. I'd suggest that you apply for grad school or apply for another program and register for classes. It may cost you at least for a semester before your PR is complete. Whichever way, there is a cost (travel or tuition). Try to find out whether you have to apply for the coming spring or if you can apply for the fall. To my knowledge foreign students cannot apply to start in summer. Try to act fast because if you plan for grad school you'll need to take the GMAT (or equivalent) and submit the score, along with other documents (sponsor, dissertation...) along with your application(s) before the deadlines.

CEC5 said:
hello guys, I need help with some questions. My timeline is on the left under m profile.

First of all, are there people in this forum applying from the USA that have the work permit or visa expiring soon, and still have not heard anything from CIC?

I live and work in the US on work permit and it is about to expired in January and i have not heard anything from CIC on my application yet. Please, advise me what i can do because the work permit i have is not renewable, actually its an OPT (Optional Practical Training) which you received after graduation.
I have written several messages to CIC, but it seems like they are not even checking them. No response.

My question here is, has anybody been in the same situation, or heard of anybody in the same situation that was able to resolve the issue with CIC, and How? Please, i seek desperate answer.
Thanks

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
Hey Guys,
Advise from seniors requested

I have applied since Oct 2011.
Just got one request for finger prints in March. Nothing after that.

I am getting worried. No medical no nothing.

In between, I am getting married (back in home country) next month and hope to come back and add spouse to applications.

When does time of application start. When they receive or when they start processing application. I guess now the Ottawa timlines are 11 months.

Seniors: Any thoughts

Canadabie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
End of Sept 2011
File Transfer...
To Ottawa
Med's Request
End of Sept 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
Thanks sharuu for your quick reply.

Regards,
Canadabie..

sb477sb477

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
Nomination.....
10-11-2011
AOR Received.
10-02-2012
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
10-02-2012 (to CPP-O)
Med's Request
10-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012 (ECAS updated to Med received on 05-03-2012)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
Hi everyone, just landed at the Winnipeg CIC office. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. It will come eventually, just be patient and don't give up! Private message me if you have any questions. SB

chatdips

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
sb477sb477 said:
Hi everyone, just landed at the Winnipeg CIC office. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. It will come eventually, just be patient and don't give up! Private message me if you have any questions. SB
How to get the appointment at local CIC office? How long before you get an appointment? What questions and documents they ask for?

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Spreadsheet is now regretfully closed because too many people kept messing up the formatting. You can still view it whenever you want, but to make changes you need to PM me (IvanP).

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
chatdips said:
How to get the appointment at local CIC office? How long before you get an appointment? What questions and documents they ask for?
Thanks.... That would be useful for me to know too.... because.... yes..... at last.....

Passport request arrived yeterday :) (Detroit)

MM_Sask

Had just applied for by gcms notes two weeks previously and awaiting news on that. Will still update this forum when I receive GCMS. Will update forum on landing process "as and when" I have experiences to share. But in my case it would be different office.

ECAS still only says
Application Received
We received your application for permanent residence on June 3, 2011.
Medical results have been received.

sb477sb477

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
Nomination.....
10-11-2011
AOR Received.
10-02-2012
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
10-02-2012 (to CPP-O)
Med's Request
10-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012 (ECAS updated to Med received on 05-03-2012)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
I called the CIC call centre and they passed on my request to the CIC Winnipeg Office, who then gave me an appointment for a week later. You need to take all your immigration documents, just in case they ask for them.

Canadabie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
End of Sept 2011
File Transfer...
To Ottawa
Med's Request
End of Sept 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-2012
LANDED..........
12-2012
Hi Guys,
I got my passports (visa stamped) and COPR and planing on doing flagpole on Carway/Coutts border this weekend. Can I use a rental car for flagpole across the border and any suggestions whether to flagpole at Carway or Coutts? Any documents I need to carry other than passport, COPR, address confirmation?

One of my dependents had also received surveillance form asking to contact the toll free # and set up an appointment, does it put us on any hurdle during flag polling? P.S the dependent had completed all medication and cleared by public health authorities.

Regards,
Canadabie..

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
Zedd said:
CIC does not deal with such situation, it only deals with your immigration process for Canadian RP. Now, for your case in the US, you have to find the solution that is best for you. From what I understand you have graduated and are working with your OPT. Since OPT is expiring, you can:
1) Stay up to 3 months in US before leaving for your home country (check with your foreign student advisor for time limit). Hopefully CIC may have given PR by then. You might want to find out with them if you can switch Visa Offices as you'd be moving back home.
2) If you want to buy more time in the US rather that go home. I'd suggest that you apply for grad school or apply for another program and register for classes. It may cost you at least for a semester before your PR is complete. Whichever way, there is a cost (travel or tuition). Try to find out whether you have to apply for the coming spring or if you can apply for the fall. To my knowledge foreign students cannot apply to start in summer. Try to act fast because if you plan for grad school you'll need to take the GMAT (or equivalent) and submit the score, along with other documents (sponsor, dissertation...) along with your application(s) before the deadlines.
Oh thanks so much for this genius idea, I would check them out.

rg2012

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadabie said:
Hi Guys,
I got my passports (visa stamped) and COPR and planing on doing flagpole on Carway/Coutts border this weekend. Can I use a rental car for flagpole across the border and any suggestions whether to flagpole at Carway or Coutts? Any documents I need to carry other than passport, COPR, address confirmation?

One of my dependents had also received surveillance form asking to contact the toll free # and set up an appointment, does it put us on any hurdle during flag polling? P.S the dependent had completed all medication and cleared by public health authorities.

Regards,
Canadabie..
Lemme try and answer some of your questions:

* You can use a rental. There's no problem. But please make sure you have all your insurance papers/contract with the rental company in place.
* You need to provide proof of funds. That's a big one. Don't forget that you have to meet the minimum funds requirements. You can use letters from your employer, bank statements...etc.
* Please note that if you don't have something on hand, you can still get into the country as long as you have a valid visa (work visa/student visa) and permits. Just tell them you aren't going to complete the landing today. In fact, they will ask you whether you plan to land today.
* If you do chose to land, they will void your other permits. In some cases they will take it away. That's because you are officially a PR holder.