Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
13-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-03-2020
LANDED..........
16-June-2020
Okay sure, even after receiving it I ll call them too. Let's keep posted each other if flagpoling thing works.
No flagpoling is not considered essential travel. Read IRCC's Q&A on this. They specifically say people should not use boarder agents

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

No flagpoling is not considered essential travel. Read IRCC's Q&A on this. They specifically say people should not use boarder agents
From CBSA

Travellers
Work permit, study permit and confirmation of permanent residence requests

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Immigration services
Travel for the purpose of obtaining immigration services is non-essential. If you are in Canada, and are seeking to travel to the border in order to make an application for a work permit, study permit or permanent residence, you are asked to consider federal and provincial guidelines for self-isolation and social distancing. Do not travel to the border for these services until further notice. If you are currently in Canada as a visitor, student or worker, you can apply online to IRCC to extend your temporary resident status. By doing so, you can continue to stay, study or work in Canada while your application is being processed. This is referred to as implied status, and as long as you apply before your current document expires, your current immigration authorizations and conditions remain unchanged. In-Canada services are available through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
I have tweeted a question regarding flagpoling to IRCC with a hope for clarification.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Is it not clear from the above CBSA page that travelling to the border specifically for immigration purposes is considered non essential and not therefore supported until further notice. Seem pretty clear

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/settle-setablir-eng.html
1. What is not clear?

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Immigration services
Travel for the purpose of obtaining immigration services is non-essential. If you are in Canada, and are seeking to travel to the border in order to make an application for a work permit, study permit or permanent residence, you are asked to consider federal and provincial guidelines for self-isolation and social distancing. Do not travel to the border for these services until further notice. If you are currently in Canada as a visitor, student or worker, you can apply online to IRCC to extend your temporary resident status. By doing so, you can continue to stay, study or work in Canada while your application is being processed. This is referred to as implied status, and as long as you apply before your current document expires, your current immigration authorizations and conditions remain unchanged. In-Canada services are available through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

prasannav6

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Anyone here that sent passports after 16th? Any idea when passports will likely be returned in the current scenario?

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Anyone here that sent passports after 16th? Any idea when passports will likely be returned in the current scenario?
Our passports were recieved in Ottawa on 19 March. No change in myCIC so far.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
T

Thanks much for the reply. I think they’re operating with essential staff only at this time. It’s gonna take a while for us I guess.
Even if we get our PRVs and COPRs, how are we going to become landed immigrants as Flagpoling and in-person appointments have been suspended.

ghvk12

Mar 18, 2015
I got approved on Mar 13 so my interpretation is that I'm covered (wishful thinking?)
Even if this is doable, not sure if this would trigger a mandatory 14-day quarantine and if it's worth it though...
Hi Verma,

Can I know when have you applied for the PR application?

TE5

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
13-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-03-2020
LANDED..........
16-June-2020
Even if we get our PRVs and COPRs, how are we going to become landed immigrants as Flagpoling and in-person appointments have been suspended.
Maybe they'll come up with phone appointments as they promised?

Jamesdee

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
I called CBSA before to ask about flag polling. They said it's non-essential and we wouldn't be allowed to.

ravriener12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
I guess all we can do is wait until April 13 when IRCC will continue its visa office/temp office operations, so we can make a landing appointment.

Reactions: TE5