+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPC Ottawa closure

sajinkoroth

Feb 7, 2020
Today they replied to my webform request and I got two consecutive updates (without an email notification) on CIC profile first generating the counterfoil for my visa and the second updating my status as visa approved. My return mail on UPS has not been activated yet. I will post here if I get an update. Does any one here know whether the US border is currently open for H1 and H4 holders?

Jamesdee

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
My wife's passport arrived at the CPC Ottawa March 13th, no updates since. She's here on a TRV, April 23rd will be 6 months since we've been here, I wonder what happens if we don't get the passport back before then or if we do but aren't able to validate the PR before then.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My wife's passport arrived at the CPC Ottawa March 13th, no updates since. She's here on a TRV, April 23rd will be 6 months since we've been here, I wonder what happens if we don't get the passport back before then or if we do but aren't able to validate the PR before then.
Apply to extend her visitor status,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Will that same visa be valid once we receive the passport back with COPR letter? Not sure how it works. My wife is from China (not a visa exempt country).
The extension will likely take a while to process but you can do it online. Flagpoling seems to be cancelled (check border) and in person landing appointment are cancelled so she will remain in status until she can as a PR.

gdsy101326

Jun 28, 2019
Today they replied to my webform request and I got two consecutive updates (without an email notification) on CIC profile first generating the counterfoil for my visa and the second updating my status as visa approved. My return mail on UPS has not been activated yet. I will post here if I get an update. Does any one here know whether the US border is currently open for H1 and H4 holders?
Congrats on getting approved. I got approved on Mar 13 and my Canada Post XpressPost return tracker still hasn't been activated till this day... God knows what they've been up to (facepalm)

GSINGH05

Mar 20, 2020
Let's hope by this week we get our passports back, as mine too is with CPC-Ottawa since March 9th. Till date I cannot see my Canada Post return tracker activated. The services all over are slow due to COVID-19 crises. But let's keep everybody posted once our tracker gets activated. Stay Safe guys!!

TE5

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
13-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-03-2020
LANDED..........
16-June-2020
Thanks for letting us know! Which we form did you use? I might submit a request too.

carmencarmen007

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Congrats! Did you send your passport from the US or Canada?

TE5

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
13-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-03-2020
LANDED..........
16-June-2020
It's weird that someone whose passport was delivered later got their stamp first. I wonder how the system is set up in there...