+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 Laid OFF PNP employer based program connect here..!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone. My AOR was April 30, 2020. I was terminated from my job on Dec 11, 2020.
I emailed BC PNP about my termination and their response was not clear enough, here is what they said.
"As a nominee, you are expected to continue to meet the conditions of nomination, including demonstrating your intent to reside and ability to economically establish in B.C. in order for the BC PNP to continue to support your nomination. "
I am actively looking for jobs now.

I also have an emergency to travel back home for one or two months. Is it safe to do so? or do I have to stay here till I get my PR if the BC PNP didn't withdraw my application.
I will appreciate your help guys, @legalfalcon
What if there is a change in my employment after I’ve been nominated?

• After you are nominated for permanent residence by the BC PNP, both you and your employer must tell the BC PNP about any employment changes. This includes a promotion, lay-off, termination or a potential new job with a new employer.
  • Please access post-nomination support via My Dashboard on BCPNP Online. You will need to email PNPPostNom@gov.bc.ca if you were nominated with a paper-based application (submitted before July 2015).
  • Please note that failing to inform us of a change in your employment status could lead to the withdrawal of your nomination. It could also lead to questions from IRCC when they process your application.
  • As of October 2017, we typically process post-nomination requests within three (3) months of the date of submission. This can change based on the volume of requests received and our processing capacity.
  • As a condition of your nomination, it is your responsibility to maintain legal status in Canada. If your status has expired, you have to show that you submitted an application for a restoration of status within the 90-day eligibility period.
  • For time-sensitive requests, we strongly encourage you to submit your requests early to allow us enough time to process.

Also see https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/2a73e874-0d2c-4277-a4fd-178c90a8fb87/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration-and-Express-Entry-BC-Program-Guide_Addendum.pdf.aspx

In conclusion, you have to inform your efforts to obtain a new job and comply with the requirements.

Reactions: Yazer

Yazer

Mar 24, 2020
What if there is a change in my employment after I’ve been nominated?

• After you are nominated for permanent residence by the BC PNP, both you and your employer must tell the BC PNP about any employment changes. This includes a promotion, lay-off, termination or a potential new job with a new employer.
  • Please access post-nomination support via My Dashboard on BCPNP Online. You will need to email PNPPostNom@gov.bc.ca if you were nominated with a paper-based application (submitted before July 2015).
  • Please note that failing to inform us of a change in your employment status could lead to the withdrawal of your nomination. It could also lead to questions from IRCC when they process your application.
  • As of October 2017, we typically process post-nomination requests within three (3) months of the date of submission. This can change based on the volume of requests received and our processing capacity.
  • As a condition of your nomination, it is your responsibility to maintain legal status in Canada. If your status has expired, you have to show that you submitted an application for a restoration of status within the 90-day eligibility period.
  • For time-sensitive requests, we strongly encourage you to submit your requests early to allow us enough time to process.

Also see https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/2a73e874-0d2c-4277-a4fd-178c90a8fb87/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration-and-Express-Entry-BC-Program-Guide_Addendum.pdf.aspx

In conclusion, you have to inform your efforts to obtain a new job and comply with the requirements.
Thank you very much @legalfalcon for your answers.

I am actually afraid that I cannot find a job, and BC PNP will reject my application. So can I have a second CIC account with EE profile and if I get an ITA I will keep it as a backup. I am saying that because now I have 2 years of NOC A experience in Canada and I am eligible for EE CEC. My score will be 448 without my spouse or ~418 with my spouse.

My current application now is with EEBC — INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE. I am inland, and my wife is included as an outland dependent.

If there is no issue with creating a second account, then how far can I go with my application?

Thank you very much.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you very much @legalfalcon for your answers.

I am actually afraid that I cannot find a job, and BC PNP will reject my application. So can I have a second CIC account with EE profile and if I get an ITA I will keep it as a backup. I am saying that because now I have 2 years of NOC A experience in Canada and I am eligible for EE CEC. My score will be 448 without my spouse or ~418 with my spouse.

My current application now is with EEBC — INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE. I am inland, and my wife is included as an outland dependent.

If there is no issue with creating a second account, then how far can I go with my application?

Thank you very much.
You can’t have two EE accounts.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=864&top=29

MaddieNg

Nov 12, 2020
Hi everyone, I finally got DM this morning - I didn't receive any Procedural Fairness letter form IRCC so I'm just hoping it's positive because I'm still job-hunting (although I have applied already for the PGWP extension). BC PNP did call me last month to ask for job status and proof of looking for jobs but I haven't heard back from them since.

It's also a bit odd that ECAS finally updated today the ADR request from Dec 2020 ("We sent you correspondence on December 11, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible...") but that is the last line in the detailed status.

My full timeline:

BC PNP – In-land, Single Applicant

AR – June 20, 2019
AOR – July. 17, 2019
PAL – Dec. 14, 2019
MR – Oct. 21, 2020
Medical Exam – Nov. 10, 2020
MP – Nov. 24, 2020
ADR – Dec. 11, 2020 (IMM5669 Schedule A Background Declaration)
DM – Feb. 4, 2021
I'm so happy for you. Congrats!!!!!

I also got approved BOWP. well not PR but still good getting free from a closed WP ^^

• Love
Reactions: mamong and Yazer

mamong

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
I'm so happy for you. Congrats!!!!!

I also got approved BOWP. well not PR but still good getting free from a closed WP ^^
Thanks so much Maddie! I'm glad you got approved BOWP! Yes getting free from a closed WP is a big relief. Hope you can get your PR soon!!

mamong

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hello everyone. My AOR was April 30, 2020. I was terminated from my job on Dec 11, 2020.
I emailed BC PNP about my termination and their response was not clear enough, here is what they said.
"As a nominee, you are expected to continue to meet the conditions of nomination, including demonstrating your intent to reside and ability to economically establish in B.C. in order for the BC PNP to continue to support your nomination. "
I am actively looking for jobs now.

I also have an emergency to travel back home for one or two months. Is it safe to do so? or do I have to stay here till I get my PR if the BC PNP didn't withdraw my application.
I will appreciate your help guys, @legalfalcon
In my case, BC PNP later called me to ask for proof of my work search so it'll be good for you to stay on top of that and have the documentation for them in case they ask. I think after they receive the documentation, they will decide whether or not to continue supporting our nominations.

I'm sorry to hear you have an emergency. I did read on another forum that someone received a procedural fairness letter because of their travel so I would be careful. Unfortunately because of COVID, it's not clear how easy it is to return back to Canada =/ I don't know if it's possible but getting a new job and they letting you take a leave of absence to deal with your emergency? =/ All the best.

OGGOLDEN

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
Hi everyone, I finally got DM this morning - I didn't receive any Procedural Fairness letter form IRCC so I'm just hoping it's positive because I'm still job-hunting (although I have applied already for the PGWP extension). BC PNP did call me last month to ask for job status and proof of looking for jobs but I haven't heard back from them since.

It's also a bit odd that ECAS finally updated today the ADR request from Dec 2020 ("We sent you correspondence on December 11, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible...") but that is the last line in the detailed status.

My full timeline:

AR – June 20, 2019
AOR – July. 17, 2019
PAL – Dec. 14, 2019
MR – Oct. 21, 2020
MP – Nov. 24, 2020
DM – Feb. 4, 2021
Why did yours take so long? June 2019 to Frb 2021?

mamong

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Why did yours take so long? June 2019 to Frb 2021?
Yea and not finished yet, still haven't gotten COPR. I'm paper-based though - it seems like some other people who are also paper-based are still waiting for their DM =/

OGGOLDEN

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
Yea and not finished yet, still haven't gotten COPR. I'm paper-based though - it seems like some other people who are also paper-based are still waiting for their DM =/
I'm asking because I applied under paper based
I asked because I submitted a paper based application too in Oct 2020, nominated under student stream in Saskatchewan. Looks like it took forever to get to even get a DM.

Yazer

Mar 24, 2020
The link said you can't have two profiles at the same time. I read in some post here, some people have an ongoing PNP application, and another CEC application in the same time.

@legalfalcon ,I have a BCPNP application on process, however my EE PNP is in risk due to job loss. Could you please let me if it is okey to create a second account and wait for an ITA. The points are getting lower now, and my score is 448. So I'll have a chance to get an ITA which I will keep as backup.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The link said you can't have two profiles at the same time. I read in some post here, some people have an ongoing PNP application, and another CEC application in the same time.

@legalfalcon ,I have a BCPNP application on process, however my EE PNP is in risk due to job loss. Could you please let me if it is okey to create a second account and wait for an ITA. The points are getting lower now, and my score is 448. So I'll have a chance to get an ITA which I will keep as backup.
Yes, you can create a second profile, as your first profile has been submitted as e-APR and you no longer have a profile.

mamong

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
I'm asking because I applied under paper based

I asked because I submitted a paper based application too in Oct 2020, nominated under student stream in Saskatchewan. Looks like it took forever to get to even get a DM.
Yea it does seem like forever - you can check here for the updated processing times - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html - when I first applied, it was 18 months and because of COVID, the time has dragged out to 22 months :'( Some people do get it before that time - I hope you're one of them!!

mamong

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hi everyone, with a deep sigh of relief, tears of joy, and gratitude to you all who have been encouraging and journeying with me through this, I want to update you all that I finally received my COPR yesterday.

It seems like a major factor is that BC PNP continued to support my nomination even after my employment situation changed. And that IRCC didn't "substitute" a decision and doubt the nomination. Thankfully they seem to be understanding and gracious because of COVID.

Here's my timeline:

AR – June 20, 2019
AOR – July. 17, 2019
PAL – Dec. 14, 2019
MR – Oct. 21, 2020
MP – Nov. 24, 2020
DM – Feb. 4, 2021
COPR – Feb. 10, 2021 (via GC Key)

I just sent off my photos for the PR card.

I will continue to pray for you all, especially those still waiting to receive your COPR - keep praying! Hang in there and don't give up!!

Yazer

Mar 24, 2020
Hi everyone, with a deep sigh of relief, tears of joy, and gratitude to you all who have been encouraging and journeying with me through this, I want to update you all that I finally received my COPR yesterday.

It seems like a major factor is that BC PNP continued to support my nomination even after my employment situation changed. And that IRCC didn't "substitute" a decision and doubt the nomination. Thankfully they seem to be understanding and gracious because of COVID.

Here's my timeline:

AR – June 20, 2019
AOR – July. 17, 2019
PAL – Dec. 14, 2019
MR – Oct. 21, 2020
MP – Nov. 24, 2020
DM – Feb. 4, 2021
COPR – Feb. 10, 2021 (via GC Key)

I just sent off my photos for the PR card.

I will continue to pray for you all, especially those still waiting to receive your COPR - keep praying! Hang in there and don't give up!!
Congratulations man, I hope you get your PR card soon.
Could you please share more info about your application. I am in a very similar situation as you. I applied under BC PNP EE international graduates and was terminated from my job.
I am inland with an outland dependent, wife.
Did BC PNP contacted you ever regarding your job, did you lose it or what happened?

Thanks man, and if you have more info to share please do so.

Reactions: mamong and OGGOLDEN

Merci980

Dec 16, 2020
Just curious, did your nomination letter show your employer as Tim hortons and restricted to this employer?

Also under what provincial nomination stream did you use to get your nomination?

Thanks.
No restrictions, and it says tim hortons. I was on a bridging work permit. Ainp