+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 Laid OFF PNP employer based program connect here..!!

OGGOLDEN

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
Hi all!
My wife and I finally got our permanent resident application approved after 9 month :D! IRCC portal showed all the details and COPR file number. We also got an email from IRCC Calgary with the same information, they confirmed than our eCOPR is available in our permanent resident confirmation portal which is not yet, hopefully tomorrow!

Just in case you are still concerning about you application(still I haven't get a job)

Best of luck to y´all!
Congratulations . I'm happy for you guys. I'm still concerned about mine as I have not found a job yet, I have not even gotten Aor before I lost my job, Saskatchewan Nominated me under student stream, after I graduated and found a job in Sep, submitted my Pr paper based application in Oct 7, I informed the province about my job loss in Nov. The province only told me they were going to inform the immigration officer in charge of my application and they said nothing more. I'm just confused.

mamong

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hi all!
My wife and I finally got our permanent resident application approved after 9 month :D! IRCC portal showed all the details and COPR file number. We also got an email from IRCC Calgary with the same information, they confirmed than our eCOPR is available in our permanent resident confirmation portal which is not yet, hopefully tomorrow!

Just in case you are still concerning about you application(still I haven't get a job)

Best of luck to y´all!
That's awesome, congrats!! Thanks so much for letting us know. So it seems like even though you lost your job shortly after your nomination, Alberta continued to support your nomination and IRCC continued to approve your application? Does AINP use NOC levels (A, B etc.) for EE; I'm wondering if you would be willing to share your NOC level? Lastly, I'm wondering if you're still on lay-off or if it has turned into a termination now? Thanks so much!

Robertogogr

Star Member
May 8, 2020
That's awesome, congrats!! Thanks so much for letting us know. So it seems like even though you lost your job shortly after your nomination, Alberta continued to support your nomination and IRCC continued to approve your application? Does AINP use NOC levels (A, B etc.) for EE; I'm wondering if you would be willing to share your NOC level? Lastly, I'm wondering if you're still on lay-off or if it has turned into a termination now? Thanks so much!
For sure my NOC is 2151 : architect and yeap, I’m still on laidoff

Good luck!

Reactions: mamong

SIM001

Apr 28, 2020
Hi all!

Best of luck to y´all!
hi
I had a ques, did u do any other full time job while on lay off

SIM001

Apr 28, 2020
Hello
i got another reply again as follows from My province

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

We appreciate your patience during this challenging time and understand you have questions with respect to nominations by the OINP. Nominees and employers with approved employment positions were advised in their approval letters that the approval was conditional upon the nominee continuing to be employed in the approved employment position throughout the nomination period (i.e. until permanent residence). This means that the nominee’s terms of employment must remain consistent throughout the nomination period and includes:

1. employer;
  2. position title and duties;
  3. wage;
  4. hours of work; and
  5. work location.

Nominees

If you are a nominee, you do not need to contact the OINP unless your Ontario employer has notified you that (i) your job offer has been withdrawn; or (ii) you have been terminated (i.e. you lost your job with the employer). If a nominee indicates they have been terminated, the OINP will confirm with the employer and the nominee will be included on all correspondence.

Employers

Employers should notify the OINP of any material changes to nominees’ employment terms, excluding temporary layoffs under the Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA).

No change in employment

If there are no changes to a job offer/employment position (continues to be permanent, full-time, meets program wage requirement, etc.), the OINP will continue to support the nomination. There is no requirement to contact the program.

Temporary layoff

If a job offer/employment position has been affected by a COVID-19 related temporary layoff under the ESA but otherwise continues to meet program criteria (permanent, full-time, meets program wage requirement, etc.) the OINP will continue to support the nomination. There is no requirement to contact the program at this time. The OINP may ask for supplementary information from employers with respect to such temporary layoffs at a future date.

Nominee terminated (job loss)

If a nominee’s employment has been terminated due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the OINP will proceed to cancel the approval of the employment position but will notify the nominee and provide 90 days to obtain the support of another employer. The nominee will be given the opportunity to submit a new application (with applicable fee).

No application will be denied, and no approval cancelled, without notice to the applicant and employer. Responses to such notices will be carefully reviewed before a final decision is made.

Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

Sincerely,
Hello ravi

If its temp lay off then they will support our application, an they said u don’t need to contact oino

so can we do anyother job while lay off

SIM001

Apr 28, 2020
i got another reply again as follows from My province

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

We appreciate your patience during this challenging time and understand you have questions with respect to nominations by the OINP. Nominees and employers with approved employment positions were advised in their approval letters that the approval was conditional upon the nominee continuing to be employed in the approved employment position throughout the nomination period (i.e. until permanent residence). This means that the nominee’s terms of employment must remain consistent throughout the nomination period and includes:

1. employer;
  2. position title and duties;
  3. wage;
  4. hours of work; and
  5. work location.

Nominees

If you are a nominee, you do not need to contact the OINP unless your Ontario employer has notified you that (i) your job offer has been withdrawn; or (ii) you have been terminated (i.e. you lost your job with the employer). If a nominee indicates they have been terminated, the OINP will confirm with the employer and the nominee will be included on all correspondence.

Employers

Employers should notify the OINP of any material changes to nominees’ employment terms, excluding temporary layoffs under the Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA).

No change in employment

If there are no changes to a job offer/employment position (continues to be permanent, full-time, meets program wage requirement, etc.), the OINP will continue to support the nomination. There is no requirement to contact the program.

Temporary layoff

If a job offer/employment position has been affected by a COVID-19 related temporary layoff under the ESA but otherwise continues to meet program criteria (permanent, full-time, meets program wage requirement, etc.) the OINP will continue to support the nomination. There is no requirement to contact the program at this time. The OINP may ask for supplementary information from employers with respect to such temporary layoffs at a future date.

Nominee terminated (job loss)

If a nominee’s employment has been terminated due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the OINP will proceed to cancel the approval of the employment position but will notify the nominee and provide 90 days to obtain the support of another employer. The nominee will be given the opportunity to submit a new application (with applicable fee).

No application will be denied, and no approval cancelled, without notice to the applicant and employer. Responses to such notices will be carefully reviewed before a final decision is made.

Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

Sincerely,
Hello brother
I need your help
I am on same page and worried, after submitting my pr application i got laid off this month, will u please guide me for next steps,

mamong

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hi everyone, I finally got DM this morning - I didn't receive any Procedural Fairness letter form IRCC so I'm just hoping it's positive because I'm still job-hunting (although I have applied already for the PGWP extension). BC PNP did call me last month to ask for job status and proof of looking for jobs but I haven't heard back from them since.

It's also a bit odd that ECAS finally updated today the ADR request from Dec 2020 ("We sent you correspondence on December 11, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible...") but that is the last line in the detailed status.

My full timeline:

BC PNP – In-land, Single Applicant

AR – June 20, 2019
AOR – July. 17, 2019
PAL – Dec. 14, 2019
MR – Oct. 21, 2020
Medical Exam – Nov. 10, 2020
MP – Nov. 24, 2020
ADR – Dec. 11, 2020 (IMM5669 Schedule A Background Declaration)
DM – Feb. 4, 2021

Reactions: OGGOLDEN

OGGOLDEN

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
Hi guys, its my first time here, and i specifically registered just now so i can help some of you worried. So i applied for Alberta pnp paper based in march 2019 with job offer has a food service supervisor (Tim hortons) got laid off in march due to covid. And kept looking for jobs, and I got a temporary cleaning job on kijji, which i have been doing since july till date. In august the immigration officer requested for a job letter and i response with a letter explaining the situation ( my layoff and my current job as a temporary cleaner) with paystubs from the cleaning job to back it up. And I don’t even have an employment letter for the cleaning job i was doing . I updated the province about my situation and I didn’t hear from them till November 24th. A lady called from Alberta nomination office and ask if i was working, i told yes as a temporary cleaner, and i work 40-60hrs a week. And she said okay, and after the call i got a pre-arrival letter in the evening. And 2days after i got my PR. SO I GUESS YOU CAN JUST DO ANY JOB, AS FAR AS YOU NOT ON EI AND SITTING COMFORTABLY AT HOME. :)
Wow, thank you..

OGGOLDEN

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
Hi guys, its my first time here, and i specifically registered just now so i can help some of you worried. So i applied for Alberta pnp paper based in march 2019 with job offer has a food service supervisor (Tim hortons) got laid off in march due to covid. And kept looking for jobs, and I got a temporary cleaning job on kijji, which i have been doing since july till date. In august the immigration officer requested for a job letter and i response with a letter explaining the situation ( my layoff and my current job as a temporary cleaner) with paystubs from the cleaning job to back it up. And I don’t even have an employment letter for the cleaning job i was doing . I updated the province about my situation and I didn’t hear from them till November 24th. A lady called from Alberta nomination office and ask if i was working, i told yes as a temporary cleaner, and i work 40-60hrs a week. And she said okay, and after the call i got a pre-arrival letter in the evening. And 2days after i got my PR. SO I GUESS YOU CAN JUST DO ANY JOB, AS FAR AS YOU NOT ON EI AND SITTING COMFORTABLY AT HOME. :)
Just curious, did your nomination letter show your employer as Tim hortons and restricted to this employer?

Also under what provincial nomination stream did you use to get your nomination?

Thanks.

Yazer

Mar 24, 2020
Hello everyone. My AOR was April 30, 2020. I was terminated from my job on Dec 11, 2020.
I emailed BC PNP about my termination and their response was not clear enough, here is what they said.
"As a nominee, you are expected to continue to meet the conditions of nomination, including demonstrating your intent to reside and ability to economically establish in B.C. in order for the BC PNP to continue to support your nomination. "
I am actively looking for jobs now.

I also have an emergency to travel back home for one or two months. Is it safe to do so? or do I have to stay here till I get my PR if the BC PNP didn't withdraw my application.
I will appreciate your help guys, @legalfalcon

OGGOLDEN

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
Hello everyone. My AOR was April 30, 2020. I was terminated from my job on Dec 11, 2020.
I emailed BC PNP about my termination and their response was not clear enough, here is what they said.
"As a nominee, you are expected to continue to meet the conditions of nomination, including demonstrating your intent to reside and ability to economically establish in B.C. in order for the BC PNP to continue to support your nomination. "
I am actively looking for jobs now.

I also have an emergency to travel back home for one or two months. Is it safe to do so? or do I have to stay here till I get my PR if the BC PNP didn't withdraw my application.
I will appreciate your help guys, @legalfalcon
For some reasons they are usually not clear, I'm in the same shoes with Sask PNP. But province must let an applicant know if they withdraw their nomination. I think it is always case by case, that's why they are not always clear. Under what nominee stream did you get nominated.
I was nominated under student stream.