+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Correspondence letter and decision

Sam Jankiz

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
What is your timeline @parmbir ?

Also guys, 24 hours will be over within the next 2.5 hours, I really hope I get an update!
It's okay... because it's a holiday (Sunday and Saturday)... I guess you will receive a decision on Monday, if not... you can start to worry since most of the people who get approved received their decision within 24 hours after the correspondence letter.

rohit1993

Feb 14, 2020
Correspondence letter is the acknowledgment to the submission of biometrics, it doesn’t mean refusal, it simply states the dates till which your biometrics are valid, I’m not quite sure of your case
Hey was your visa approved ?

jangotango

Aug 4, 2020
Reviving the thread.
The time can vary after Correspondence letter.
For my visitor visa, I got correspondence and passport request mail(email from donotreploy mentioning a new message in your portal account etc) within a 1 minute gap.

This time it id Pandemic, travel restrictions and it is a work-permit. So I already got the correspondence email, but no further response. 1 week passed.

Also, Correspondence letter is no assurance of an approval. My friend got correspondence letter and a refusal afterwards.
So, guys. only final decision is the final decision, not the correspondence letter.

Cytus51

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Reviving the thread.
For my visitor visa, I got correspondence and passport request mail(email from donotreploy mentioning a new message in your portal account etc) within a 1 minute gap.

This time it id Pandemic, travel restrictions and it is a work-permit. So I already got the correspondence email, but no further response. 1 week passed.

Also, Correspondence letter is no assurance of an approval. My friend got correspondence letter and a refusal afterwards.
So, guys. only final decision is the final decision, not the correspondence letter.
Hi, for your friend‘s application, how long was it between receiving the CL and the result? Thank you!

Arysoha

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Reviving the thread.

Did you get a decision after the correspondence letter ? Did you get the approval

jangotango

Aug 4, 2020
I applied online. No information about which office is handling my case. I may try to call the Immigration department up to know whats cooking.

canada1988

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Reviving the thread.

When did your friend received refusal letter? During pandemic days? Or before March 2020?