+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus Effects on Travelling (Risk of missing landing date)

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hi Guys,
My brother is travelling tomorrow from India (Air India direct flight to Toronto) with a valid COPR in hand, could you please share if they are still processing PR application? Or has Corona Virus situation impacted that?
There is no such announcement from IRCC and CBSA. You can confirm by calling them. Do let us know how it goes. Thanks.

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
This is landing procedure for inland applicants - just to get an appontment at an IRCC office and get your COPR signed there instead of flagpoling or need to exit and re-enter Canada.
What about people outside Canada who are had to land within this week/next week? Is this applicable?

Reactions: Higgle

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
What about people outside Canada who are had to land within this week/next week? Is this applicable?
This is applicable for landing appointments which are only for applicants who are already in Canada; and has absolutely nothing to do with landing procedure at the border. Borders are still open, as you know.

Daniel_Cheng

Mar 10, 2020
There is no such announcement from IRCC and CBSA. You can confirm by calling them. Do let us know how it goes. Thanks.
Hey guys, there is an update announcement of 15th March on IRCC website about the issues of missing landing period. you can write a webform to explain or extend. just let you know

Reactions: wick_sran

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
I have raised a web-form explaining that my country has just closed border. The President said the Emergency state might likely be extended beyond the mentioned date (15th of April), so there are no chances for me to enter Canada on time. Let's see what they answer.

Reactions: SithLord

jailika

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
10-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
12-11-2014
Prime minister announce closure of Canada's border. Only people allowed in will be Canadian citizens, permanent residents. So once you are having PR then only you will be allowed. So its better to hold on entering Canada on COPR as you are not yet PR. Additional details - International flight arrivals limited to Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver. I know it is tough time for us. But lets hold on and Canadian Immigration will definitely provide more accurate information.

SCOTCAD

Star Member
May 20, 2018
Can we travel with a COPR or has this not been clarified? Are only landed PR’s being allowed back? Hopefully CIC clarify this quickly.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Can we travel with a COPR or has this not been clarified? Are only landed PR’s being allowed back? Hopefully CIC clarify this quickly.
An individual whose PR application has been approved, and has been issued a COPR and PR visa does not become a PR, until the individual lands in Canada, and is admitted at the port of entry.

Issuance of a COPR does not make an individual a PR.

The ban of foreigners into Canada, will also be effective on all individuals holding COPR and PR visa. They will not be allowed to enter Canada until further notice.

If you have a COPR and PR visa, you will have to delay your travel to Canada. On the procedure, see the most recent program delivery instructions.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
all in person landing
No can't travel. The website says to fill out the webform if "If your permanent residence application has been approved, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, use the web form to tell us why you can’t travel." Except for US citizens who are exempt and folks who already have a PR, no one can enter till April 13.

SCOTCAD

Star Member
May 20, 2018
An individual whose PR application has been approved, and has been issued a COPR and PR visa does not become a PR, until the individual lands in Canada, and is admitted at the port of entry.

Issuance of a COPR does not make an individual a PR.

The ban of foreigners into Canada, will also be effective on all individuals holding COPR and PR visa. They will not be allowed to enter Canada until further notice.

If you have a COPR and PR visa, you will have to delay your travel to Canada. On the procedure, see the most recent program delivery instructions.
thanks for the clarification.

my common-law partner is a citizen of Canada, I presume that doesn’t change anything either? I saw immediate family can return but I guess that would only apply if I had to right to live there?
Clutching at straws here!

thanks in advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
thanks for the clarification.

my common-law partner is a citizen of Canada, I presume that doesn’t change anything either? I saw immediate family can return but I guess that would only apply if I had to right to live there?
Clutching at straws here!

thanks in advance
It has to be seen what the official notification states. This is just based on the statement by the PM. By tomorrow the situation will be more clear.

Rahil Lakhani

Mar 13, 2020
Guys, I am unable to open the web form.. can anyone pls forward me the link? Also, I still have doubts if COPR fall under PR or not..
And how long this will remain like this..

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Guys, I am unable to open the web form.. can anyone pls forward me the link? Also, I still have doubts if COPR fall under PR or not..
And how long this will remain like this..
COPR is not a PR. You can have a COPR and still be denied PR at the border. Erase that doubt from your mind.