+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus Effects on Travelling (Risk of missing landing date)

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
Read here
Do not assume that international air travel will be back to normal , assume you may not make it whilst the COPR is valid so follow procedure in the link even if you still plan to try for your current planned date

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html
In my understanding this olny applies to the applicants mentioned in the beginning (Chinese, Iranian or South Korean ). It doesn't cover other countries, right? However, I will definetely send a request through the web-form, even if my country is not on the list. And you are absolutely right: there are going to be disruptions even after the 15 th of April. Oh, God, I have been dreaming about moving to Canada for so long, I can't believe this crisis is happening now.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Is it confirmed that IRCC is extending PRTDs for people outside of Iran, South Korea, and China?

Is there someone who can confirm that for themselves, i.e. IRCC has extended it for them.

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I am Indian National and This is in reference with my permanent residence application that was recently approved on 11 Feb 2020. I was given only 45 days deadline which is 25 Mar 2020 to land in Canada. I have also received my COPR with same validity (25 Mar 2020). Due to Coronavirus outbreak situation, it is difficult to travel to Canada within the above said deadline. I had initially planned my travel on 14 March 2020 and 15th March 2020 via Germany but the flights got cancelled due to CoronaVirus situation. Also the transiting countries from home country have got a lot of confirmed coronavirus cases. Is it possible to extend the validity to land in canada considering the current difficult situation? Will this affect my current "approved" status ? Will my CRS scores, medicals and Police certificates be still valid with my application?

Also, the chances of getting quarantined in Canada as well as in India is high at the moment.

P.S: I have raised my concern via "WEB FORM" to IRCC and also contacted Delhi Immigration Office (IRCC- New Delhi) via phone, but they asked us to write an official email which i did as well.

Since the expiry date is very short and still no response from IRCC, are there any chances of extending the COPR validity?

Higgle

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
One of my known from India,, has submitted the web form and reported that travel concerns ( showed cancel tickets). IRCC extended the dates for him for an indefinite period. All the asked to return the original passport, original COPR through VFS and New Medical instructions will be sent to the person for remedical.
so does this mean there is no date on his visa?

Tall2003

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Germany
Category........
Hi, my visa also expires on 19 april 2020, bought ticket for 1 april, unfortunetelyall flight cancelled. Dont know what to do, please share your suggestion.

rxsialk

Mar 13, 2020
Guys if you have concerns for your travel (I personally feel one should not travel at this time) please raise web form then IRCC will look in your case and extend the dates. They are very supportive
Could you please share your experience? I heard some submitted the request but never heard from them

rxsialk

Mar 13, 2020
I am Indian National and This is in reference with my permanent residence application that was recently approved on 11 Feb 2020. I was given only 45 days deadline which is 25 Mar 2020 to land in Canada. I have also received my COPR with same validity (25 Mar 2020). Due to Coronavirus outbreak situation, it is difficult to travel to Canada within the above said deadline. I had initially planned my travel on 14 March 2020 and 15th March 2020 via Germany but the flights got cancelled due to CoronaVirus situation. Also the transiting countries from home country have got a lot of confirmed coronavirus cases. Is it possible to extend the validity to land in canada considering the current difficult situation? Will this affect my current "approved" status ? Will my CRS scores, medicals and Police certificates be still valid with my application?

Also, the chances of getting quarantined in Canada as well as in India is high at the moment.

P.S: I have raised my concern via "WEB FORM" to IRCC and also contacted Delhi Immigration Office (IRCC- New Delhi) via phone, but they asked us to write an official email which i did as well.

Since the expiry date is very short and still no response from IRCC, are there any chances of extending the COPR validity?
Based on the site: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html , you can still submit a web form after the expiration date and explain why you couldn't travel, and they may agree to issue a new visa/copr after the second medical examination. However I'm a bit concerned about how this policy is operated in action, so there are still some risks...

Higgle

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Is the landing procedure closed for people who are NOT inland applications as well?

Last edited:

shaily2018

Aug 11, 2018
Hi Guys,
My brother is travelling tomorrow from India (Air India direct flight to Toronto) with a valid COPR in hand, could you please share if they are still processing PR application? Or has Corona Virus situation impacted that?

Reactions: tusa47 and Higgle