+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus Effects on Travelling (Risk of missing landing date)

Rahil Lakhani

Mar 13, 2020
my advice for anyone would be not to land anytime in the next couple months. companies pretty much asked everyone to wfh for the next couple months and there probably wont be a lot of hiring in a lot of companies. you wont get a health card for a few months and it will be a miserable time finding a place to live and finding work.
Here we dont have any choice.. not sure if the govt will allow / extend the visa date if we donot land.. this concludes for many that the better option is to do a soft landing and come back.. pla the permanent move once situation is better..but..will there be any impact on PR card issuance if the person is outside Canada? Like being a bit pessimistic, if they want to recheck the medical condition of the person before issuing PR card then the ones who are outside canada would be in the worst position..
This situation really is killing us..
Pls give your opinion...

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Here we dont have any choice.. not sure if the govt will allow / extend the visa date if we donot land.. this concludes for many that the better option is to do a soft landing and come back.. pla the permanent move once situation is better..but..will there be any impact on PR card issuance if the person is outside Canada? Like being a bit pessimistic, if they want to recheck the medical condition of the person before issuing PR card then the ones who are outside canada would be in the worst position..
Pls give your opinion...
Once you do a soft landing you become a PR. There are no more 'checks' conducted. You can give a friend's address for PR card and have it couriered.

akb21

Feb 6, 2020
Toronto
Keep checking IRCC travel advisories while planning your travel. Per CTV news yesterday, long route trains have been suspended, commuter train frequency has been reduced, people entering Canada through land border have been asked to go under self-isolation and soon some airports will be restricting entry just like the US.

rxsialk

Mar 13, 2020
Pls give your opinion...
I'm not so concerned about re-checking application files, but I do see some people are told that their photo needs to be retaken, and since the photo has to be stamped by the studio, it would be difficult to explain why it is not taken in Canada.

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm not so concerned about re-checking application files, but I do see some people are told that their photo needs to be retaken, and since the photo has to be stamped by the studio, it would be difficult to explain why it is not taken in Canada.
It doesn't have to be taken in Canada.

Amit__Khurana

Feb 15, 2020
One of my known from India,, has submitted the web form and reported that travel concerns ( showed cancel tickets). IRCC extended the dates for him for an indefinite period. All the asked to return the original passport, original COPR through VFS and New Medical instructions will be sent to the person for remedical.

Higgle

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
One of my known from India,, has submitted the web form and reported that travel concerns ( showed cancel tickets). IRCC extended the dates for him for an indefinite period. All the asked to return the original passport, original COPR through VFS and New Medical instructions will be sent to the person for remedical.
Thanks for this. helps a lot

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
My country has just declared Emergency at a National level and borders are closed now! They will be closed till the 15th of April, my COPR expires on the 21st of April, I am going to have two flights cancelled already. Do you think IRCC could accomodate for that, even though I still gonna have 5 days to land between the date boders are open and my COPR expires?

NehaGupta19

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Jalandhar
NOC Code......
I
Please don't be scared of the COVID-19, it is just another version of the common cold. Practice basic hygiene and you'll be fine, which includes washing hands regularly, using hand sanitisers, avoid shaking hands, keep social distance from others, wear a respiratory mask. That's it. Also, keep in mind, that, they virus is not deadly.
it is not about us taking basic hygiene care, it is about flights getting cancellEd

Reactions: BillyWescott

NehaGupta19

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Jalandhar
NOC Code......
My CoPR is expiring on May 20th. Have booked myself for DELHI- JAPAN- VANCOUVER.
Now i am not sure if flights get cancelled because of Pandemic Virus. Is there any way we demand extension of Cops since it is a global issue?

Amit__Khurana

Feb 15, 2020
Guys if you have concerns for your travel (I personally feel one should not travel at this time) please raise web form then IRCC will look in your case and extend the dates. They are very supportive

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
My country has just declared Emergency at a National level and borders are closed now! They will be closed till the 15th of April, my COPR expires on the 21st of April, I am going to have two flights cancelled already. Do you think IRCC could accomodate for that, even though I still gonna have 5 days to land between the date boders are open and my COPR expires?
Read here
Do not assume that international air travel will be back to normal , assume you may not make it whilst the COPR is valid so follow procedure in the link even if you still plan to try for your current planned date

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html