+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus Effects on Travelling (Risk of missing landing date)

Rahil Lakhani

Mar 13, 2020
Has anyone yet submitted the webform? Like how quickly the IRCC is responding and what is the procedure they telling for extending the landing date...??

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Has anyone yet submitted the webform? Like how quickly the IRCC is responding and what is the procedure they telling for extending the landing date...??
They mentioned that you need to inform them when you will be able to travel and on the basis of the situation at that time, they will provide further instructions. If you COPR and PRV is valid, you can travel using that. If it has expired by that time, you will be guided on the next steps.

Rahil Lakhani

Mar 13, 2020
They mentioned that you need to inform them when you will be able to travel and on the basis of the situation at that time, they will provide further instructions. If you COPR and PRV is valid, you can travel using that. If it has expired by that time, you will be guided on the next steps.
So if someones visa expiry has few months left then also he/she can contact the IRCC and ask for the measures to be taken?

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
For how long will the border be closed, I couldn't find the date anywhere on the news.

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
That nobody knows... even Canada PM himself
Oh, it might last for a couple of month even. Damn, I am not entering Canada on time. Anyone else raised the web-form asking for extesion? I did yesterday.

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Oh, it might last for a couple of month even. Damn, I am not entering Canada on time. Anyone else raised the web-form asking for extesion? I did yesterday.
I have raised a web form too last week. No response from IRCC yet. My COPR expires on 25 March 2020. Latest border closing news mean, I cannot also enter canada. I hope IRCC comes provides help for this case, unfortunately my expiry is very very close.

Initial travel planned via germany - but flights repeatedly got cancelled

Rahil Lakhani

Mar 13, 2020
Well on IRCC its mentioned that if you miss your landing date, authority will inform you how to restart the PR process. Now what is that statement? Does anyone know? Like would we be going back to the express entry pool? Or simply our medical will be done and COPR date will be extended??

This is really unfortunate and frustrating!!

icanh

Oct 1, 2019
Well on IRCC its mentioned that if you miss your landing date, authority will inform you how to restart the PR process. Now what is that statement? Does anyone know? Like would we be going back to the express entry pool? Or simply our medical will be done and COPR date will be extended??

This is really unfortunate and frustrating!!
When to review a re-opened application
Once the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they are able to travel, a re-opened application may be re-approved provided that the applicant and their family members, whether accompanying or not, have valid immigration medical examinations, criminal and security checks and passports.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
Can someone explain what means: "...and the file should be brought forward to the expiration date of the COPR and PRV"?
If you raise a web-form BEFORE your COPR is expired, they can extend the validity period immidiately. But if you raise a web-form AFTER the COPR is expired, you will be encoured to re-issue Police Certificate and Medicals and wait for another 3 months for review?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Well, we have to accept that we can't land if that's the policy.

Not sure how much sense it makes to allow U.S citizens to enter Canada but not people who are landing as permanent residents.