07-05-2020
AOR Received.
22-05-2020
Med's Done....
11-07-2020
LANDED..........
20-03-2021
Hey guys, I just logged into my profile and saw "Application/Profile Updated"

Anyone else getting GUs? Tried to call IRCC twice but could get through to an agent.
I got a GU too. May 22 AOR

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Seems like there may be some truth to this that was posted on IRCC's website:

"We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between

May 17 and 23, 2020

If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it."

And last week I believe it said May 10th to May 16th.

Reactions: jpshya

pjsandhu

Oct 28, 2020
Seems like there may be some truth to this that was posted on IRCC's website:

"We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between

May 17 and 23, 2020

If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it."

And last week I believe it said May 10th to May 16th.
Where you find this info.

ike93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
So just got off a call with a lovely agent at IRCC and she basically confirmed (in a roundabout way) that Biometrics is what is screwing over everyone from Jan to May. She said the only thing she could really see wrong with my file (Criminality In Progress and Security Not Started) was the time frame between when Biometrics was requested and when they were received. She said that could have caused some problems. I implied that I was reshuffled back into the system and she responded with "not really but sort of". She said they are just starting to get a better understanding of COVID and processing delays (it's been a year but ok), and she said I should call back in a month/a month a half and they should have a better idea (hopefully) of where they are and what it all means.

Basically, there really is nothing to do there but wait, seems their system screwed us over and that's about that......I feel better potentially knowing what the issue is....but at the same time kinda worse knowing what the issue is and knowing there is nothing I can do to fix it....lol
This would be pure comedy gold if we were not in it. Today is exactly a year since they canceled biometric appointments. They did a few draws meanwhile, tried to figure out a way for the biometric collection for 7 months, and then 4 months on top of that after things started to continue gradually. And now, after a whole year, they come and say "they are trying to figure out what's wrong and it will take a month and a half." That's literally hilarious.

They obviously have a super miserable IT team. All these crashes, technical problems, cannot even make their management system sort applications properly. Hell, they couldn't even figure a way out to call applicants in order for biometric calls. These really should not be the case for even a new start-up of a bunch of 20 something-year-olds. This is a governmental organization. Really, cannot understand this incompetency given their enormous budget and importance for the operations of the country. Instead, the head of the organization is so proud for hiring 60 people after a year of problems. Again, this not even should be the case for a fresh company.

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
This would be pure comedy gold if we were not in it. Today is exactly a year since they canceled biometric appointments. They did a few draws meanwhile, tried to figure out a way for the biometric collection for 7 months, and then 4 months on top of that after things started to continue gradually. And now, after a whole year, they come and say "they are trying to figure out what's wrong and it will take a month and a half." That's literally hilarious.

They obviously have a super miserable IT team. All these crashes, technical problems, cannot even make their management system sort applications properly. Hell, they couldn't even figure a way out to call applicants in order for biometric calls. These really should not be the case for even a new start-up of a bunch of 20 something-year-olds. This is a governmental organization. Really, cannot understand this incompetency given their enormous budget and importance for the operations of the country. Instead, the head of the organization is so proud for hiring 60 people after a year of problems. Again, this not even should be the case for a fresh company.
To the contrary, I would say I expect this way more from a Government organisation than a start-up of 20-somethings. Government agencies are famously slow and inefficient at updating their IT infrastructure and adapting to changes in the market. It's no surprise they are struggling more than most private companies throughout the covid pandemic. I share your frustrations (literally, I'm currently halfway around the world from my partner because of this) but none of this is even slightly surprising to me. It's not even necessarily a dig at Canadian Governmental agencies or IRCC specifically, it's just the reality of Government everywhere. But it's also important to remember that we're all immigrating to Canada for a reason, so clearly their government have done something right.

Reactions: ike93

ike93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
To the contrary, I would say I expect this way more from a Government organisation than a start-up of 20-somethings. Government agencies are famously slow and inefficient at updating their IT infrastructure and adapting to changes in the market. It's no surprise they are struggling more than most private companies throughout the covid pandemic. I share your frustrations (literally, I'm currently halfway around the world from my partner because of this) but none of this is even slightly surprising to me. It's not even necessarily a dig at Canadian Governmental agencies or IRCC specifically, it's just the reality of Government everywhere. But it's also important to remember that we're all immigrating to Canada for a reason, so clearly their government have done something right.
For general purposes and day-to-day operations, definitely, a government will not have what you would think they should. I agree with that. It is what it is. However, during these extraordinary times, governments have to be the ones to clear the path and make things right. The private sector is good for ordinary days, and that's why we pay the taxes to keep the government powerful and acting on things when their actions are necessary. And if they cannot figure out one main thing for a year and still tell people to wait as "they may figure out soon, or not", it is impossible to say this is what a government does. Because it really isn't.

For the immigration part, I truly do not agree with the "if you are migrating here, you gotta accept whatever comes to your way" approach. IRCC is not the whole government, it is just one bit of it. So one department not doing the work properly cannot be suppressed by other positive things. In the end, I am not a refugee, I am here and I love Canada because of its nature and its people. Some people may not realize it, but actually, the government benefits from you and me much more than you do from them. I have shared my thoughts on this previously too, you are wanted here because the government thinks you are a benefit for the country and the community. Not that you need help from the Canadian government, and the government being a big-heart grandpa.

So just need to distinguish things when it is necessary. I love being here, but it doesn't mean I have to take whatever it gets. I wouldn't care at all if I wouldn't love the country. IRCC's way of handling this crisis is just not good enough for Canada I love. That's all is.