+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
For general purposes and day-to-day operations, definitely, a government will not have what you would think they should. I agree with that. It is what it is. However, during these extraordinary times, governments have to be the ones to clear the path and make things right. The private sector is good for ordinary days, and that's why we pay the taxes to keep the government powerful and acting on things when their actions are necessary. And if they cannot figure out one main thing for a year and still tell people to wait as "they may figure out soon, or not", it is impossible to say this is what a government does. Because it really isn't.

For the immigration part, I truly do not agree with the "if you are migrating here, you gotta accept whatever comes to your way" approach. IRCC is not the whole government, it is just one bit of it. So one department not doing the work properly cannot be suppressed by other positive things. In the end, I am not a refugee, I am here and I love Canada because of its nature and its people. Some people may not realize it, but actually, the government benefits from you and me much more than you do from them. I have shared my thoughts on this previously too, you are wanted here because the government thinks you are a benefit for the country and the community. Not that you need help from the Canadian government, and the government being a big-heart grandpa.

So just need to distinguish things when it is necessary. I love being here, but it doesn't mean I have to take whatever it gets. I wouldn't care at all if I wouldn't love the country. IRCC's way of handling this crisis is just not good enough for Canada I love. That's all is.
Well put. I agree with almost all of that. Believe me, I'm not here to sing the praises of IRCC. I've criticised them a lot over the past year. I suppose my main point was directed at the IT crashes/technical issues. Most of these giant organisations run old servers that are held together by little more than hopes and wishes. By the time the IT management committee and top-level management have come to an agreement with the head of the beurocracy management committee, the replacement server is already 7 years out of date. The end result being a website that looks at least a decade old that crashes every few days.

Reactions: ike93

Respina

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
can you share your aor, bio dates?
I've already shared the details in this thread (please find it below) but I just wanted to keep members posted regarding receiving COPR document:
Application Approved March 4th!
Category: CEC (Inland + Spouse accompanied Inland) I AOR: June 29, 2020 I Medical: passed Aug 19, 2020 I Biometric: completed Oct 20, 2020 (Refund received Jan 29, 2021!) I Eligibility: Recommended passed Nov 3rd, 2020 I Criminality: in progress since Aug 19, 2020! I Security: not started! I Primary VO: Ottawa I Secondary VO: Sydney I GCMS Requested: Dec 7, 2020. (received: Jan 6, 2021)
Status Updates:
1st GU: Jan 21, 2021 (Eligibility, Criminality and Security passed) I 2nd GU: Feb 9, 2021... (Biometric refund was updated in their system)!
COPR document was sent by Etobicoke office March 13 since I am living in Mississauga!

Eagle_2020

Jan 27, 2021
Well put. I agree with almost all of that. Believe me, I'm not here to sing the praises of IRCC. I've criticised them a lot over the past year. I suppose my main point was directed at the IT crashes/technical issues. Most of these giant organisations run old servers that are held together by little more than hopes and wishes. By the time the IT management committee and top-level management have come to an agreement with the head of the beurocracy management committee, the replacement server is already 7 years out of date. The end result being a website that looks at least a decade old that crashes every few days.
Guys, it is very frustrating to see the other people that applied 8 months after you getting COPR. I totally agree that everyone deserves this, but should be a fair game played by IRCC. They cannot justify with COVID and Complex Applications. I have passed all the stages since October 2020 based on notes. Where is my complexity of my application here? A lazy officer? Probably the officer is complex and not my application. I’m really frustrated with the entire process. I’m waiting more than 1 year now. I’m working here every day, even during the pandemic, paying more than $70k in taxes, paying for my children daycare, paying for rent without having the possibility to buy my house, losing business opportunities every day and at the end they cannot give us at least a timeframe when our applications will be finalized. And then, there are other people applied in January 2021 who got COPR and applause IRCC for their efficiency. This is disgusting...

GrettaFox

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2020
AOR Received.
22-05-2020
Med's Done....
11-07-2020
LANDED..........
20-03-2021
Hey guys, does anyone know if a webform reply could trigger a ghost update or it is only when officer works on file?

IndianinToronto

Mar 4, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I called IRCC today and was informed that the decision on my file was made on March 5th. Although my file still shows security in progress. Could anyone please help me with the timeline from here henceforth?
How much time could it take for me to receive the final COPR document and PR card?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jana_M_Calgary

ProfessorAugust

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Unknown
AOR Received.
August,2020
Hi Everyone,
I called IRCC today and was informed that the decision on my file was made on March 5th. Although my file still shows security in progress. Could anyone please help me with the timeline from here henceforth?
How much time could it take for me to receive the final COPR document and PR card?
Share your timeline, AOR and noc code

Muham009

Mar 16, 2021
Hello everyone,
I would like to ask how I can register for the PR portal even I don,t have yet my COPR? my application has approved on 26 Feb but I am still waiting for my COPR. I can see in my online account my COPR number and also there is a document under the name "information letter" but I am unable to download it. Please someone guide me how to get copr?

raviakash28

Dec 12, 2019
Hey guys, I just logged into my profile and saw "Application/Profile Updated"

Anyone else getting GUs? Tried to call IRCC twice but could get through to an agent.
Hi, I just logged into my profile and saw "Application/Profile Updated". But when I got into full application status, no Ghost Update. When I came back to Account Home page the status was back to "Submitted". Anyone faced similar situation?

BH92

Mar 4, 2021
Hi, I just logged into my profile and saw "Application/Profile Updated". But when I got into full application status, no Ghost Update. When I came back to Account Home page the status was back to "Submitted". Anyone faced similar situation?
That’s what called Ghost Update

BH92

Mar 4, 2021
Your AOR?