+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR post March 18 Travel Exemption

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
Hey Man congrats, I have a valid post 18th march 2020 copr with approved letter for exemption under extended family member. So just to wanted to check if someone actually landed in toronto with this case so meaning to say i can travel!
Thank you! Yes, I was under the same situation and gratefully made it :)

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
My PRV and COPR were also both issued post March 18. I totally understand the anxiety, but have faith that everything will turn out for the best.
Thanks so much for the support. I plan on quarantining in Montreal for 15 days and then head to AB (PNP). Will I have to quarantine again in Alberta?

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
I’m not too sure about this though, sorry
Now that I have the exemption letter, shall I just spend the three days at that gov approved hotel and then complete the quarantine in alberta? In the quarantine plan I provided the IRCC, i mentioned that I would spend the whole quarantine in Montreal. But plans change, I believe that wouldn’t be a big deal, would it?

wwww

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Hi,

Can someone guide me how to apply for AL if my boyfriend is a citizen and I am in India?

What all documents would they want? My boyfriend is in Toronto and I am a PNP candidate (alberta). will that create any issues?

thanks

wwww

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Hi,

Can someone guide me how to apply for AL if my boyfriend is a citizen and I am in India?

What all documents would they want? My boyfriend is in Toronto and I am a PNP candidate (alberta). will that create any issues?

thanks
can anyone please help?

wwww

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Hi All,

Just thought I would drop in here too and re-affirm that, "YES", COPR post March 18 2020 can get an exemption to travel udnder extended family. My grlfriend is Canadian and we have been dating for over a year, spent time together and we submitted the IMM0006 to the IRCC and got an approval within less than 2 weeks. I got my COPR on December 21st and plan to travel on March 31st. Time to start getting ready!!!

Keep it up guys, where ther is a will, there will be a way!
what all did you submit to prove your relationship with your girlfriend except IMM0006? it will help me please.

My boyfriend is in Toronto and I am a Alberta PNP. I will spend some time with him and will move to Alberta. We plan to keep meeting over the weekend and so on. Do you think I have any chance?

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
Hi,

thanks
I’m also a PNP applicant of AB and my extended family resides in Toronto. I submitted the IMM0006 form, Canadian passport of my family member, my PRV and COPR and quarantine plan. Landed in Toronto six days back and currently quarantining

wwww

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
I’m also a PNP applicant of AB and my extended family resides in Toronto. I submitted the IMM0006 form, Canadian passport of my family member, my PRV and COPR and quarantine plan. Landed in Toronto six days back and currently quarantining
Thanks for your reply.

My only concern is that boyfriend might not be considered spousal and if they doubt my intent to settle in Alberta. They might think that i would like to settle with him in Toronto, which is actually not the case but how to prove my intent.

oluronny

Dec 15, 2020
@legalfalcon I have a question.

My wife is the principal applicant who got a job offer and initially got a work permit before our PR was approved.
The work permit was cancelled when the PRV was issued.
I have a brother in AB who I can get to fill the form IMM 006 for me for the purpose of applying for Authorisation letter.

The challenge for me is this. I am the only one with extended family. How does my AL cover my whole family. If I get AL, I cant still travel alone because my wife is the principal applicant.

Will my AL make me travel with my family?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I have a question.

My wife is the principal applicant who got a job offer and initially got a work permit before our PR was approved.
The work permit was cancelled when the PRV was issued.
I have a brother in AB who I can get to fill the form IMM 006 for me for the purpose of applying for Authorisation letter.

The challenge for me is this. I am the only one with extended family. How does my AL cover my whole family. If I get AL, I cant still travel alone because my wife is the principal applicant.

Will my AL make me travel with my family?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
The AL is individual specific and does not grant your entire family to travel. Only the extended family member who has the AL can travel. Some applicants have claimed that after one family member received AL, they requested all family members be granted AL, and were successful. However, this is anecdotal and granting AL is discretionary, and you do not have a right to demand it.

oluronny

Dec 15, 2020
The AL is individual specific and does not grant your entire family to travel. Only the extended family member who has the AL can travel. Some applicants have claimed that after one family member received AL, they requested all family members be granted AL, and were successful. However, this is anecdotal and granting AL is discretionary, and you do not have a right to demand it.
Thank you so very much. I have applied for AL. Let's see how it goes.
I just want to know if it's possible for my wife to also ask for Authorization to travel.
She has a job offer that is still very much valid in finance. she also has a Provincial nomination. Is there a pathway there for her to ask for authorization to travel with that background?
There is too much uncertainty this period and very few information on their website

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so very much. I have applied for AL. Let's see how it goes.
I just want to know if it's possible for my wife to also ask for Authorization to travel.
She has a job offer that is still very much valid in finance. she also has a Provincial nomination. Is there a pathway there for her to ask for authorization to travel with that background?
There is too much uncertainty this period and very few information on their website
a Job offer by itself would not suffice. However, if you have a work permit, you are exempt. But, you can surely try getting an AL.

oluronny

Dec 15, 2020
a Job offer by itself would not suffice. However, if you have a work permit, you are exempt. But, you can surely try getting an AL.
If I want to her to try getting the AL, how does one request for such. The steps will be of great help. Thank you so much for your time

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.