+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR post March 18 Travel Exemption

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
Hello everyone,

I'm happy to announce that I got my authorization letter to travel to Canada under EXTENDED family travel exemption with a CoPR post March 18. My request was initially refused on Dec 8, stating that only IMMEDIATE family members are exempted to travel for CoPRs issued after the 18th of March. I still gave it another shot and resubmitted three weeks after and finally got the approval in 16 days.

So for those who are wondering whether or not PR visa holders with CoPR post Mar 18 are even eligible to travel under such exemption, the answer is -- YES WE ARE! So long as you disclose an honest and essential reason for travel and meet the necessary requirements, then it's worth a try

I specifically want to thank @K7moda and @legalfalcon for taking their time to answer my questions, I really appreciate it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone,

I'm happy to announce that I got my authorization letter to travel to Canada under EXTENDED family travel exemption with a CoPR post March 18. My request was initially refused on Dec 8, stating that only IMMEDIATE family members are exempted to travel for CoPRs issued after the 18th of March. I still gave it another shot and resubmitted three weeks after and finally got the approval in 16 days.

So for those who are wondering whether or not PR visa holders with CoPR post Mar 18 are even eligible to travel under such exemption, the answer is -- YES WE ARE! So long as you disclose an honest and essential reason for travel and meet the necessary requirements, then it's worth a try

I specifically want to thank @K7moda and @legalfalcon for taking their time to answer my questions, I really appreciate it.
That is awesome!!

Congratulations and all the best for the journey ahead!!

ssp2020

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Hello everyone,

Hi,
Are you a PNP applicant? Just curious on how would it work in my case where I have sibling in other province but my COPR/PRV was approved via OINP?

Thanks

Last edited:

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
Hi,
Are you a PNP applicant? Just curious on how would it work in my case where I have sibling in other province but my COPR/PRV was approved via OINP?

Thanks
Hi,

Yes, I’m a PNP applicant via AINP. My exended family member, however, lives in Ontario. I stated that I will temporarily stay in Ontario, but will eventually move and permanently live and work in Alberta

ssp2020

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Thank
Hi,

Yes, I’m a PNP applicant via AINP. My exended family member, however, lives in Ontario. I stated that I will temporarily stay in Ontario, but will eventually move and permanently live and work in Alberta
Thank for your prompt response.

I have few more questions, if you could help with them?

1. Did you fill a webform stating all those details about relationship? or were there any forms that were needed to filled by You and Your family member ?

2. Also, temporary stay in Ontario you mentioned, was this stated in the webform as well?

3. Also, are your spouse/kids allowed to travel with you?

Thanks

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
Thank

Thank for your prompt response.

I have few more questions, if you could help with them?

1. Did you fill a webform stating all those details about relationship? or were there any forms that were needed to filled by You and Your family member ?

2. Also, temporary stay in Ontario you mentioned, was this stated in the webform as well?

3. Also, are your spouse/kids allowed to travel with you?

Thanks
Replied to your PM :)

Reactions: ssp2020

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Awesome! I have a brother and sister who live in Canada (my brother is a citizen and sister is PR). My visa and COPR will be expired on April 15th. Do I have any chances if I follow the same process as yours? Thank you and best of luck.

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
one last question - the sibling will need to sign the form by solemn declaration. Who can sign it for him? how much would it cost?

K7moda

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hello everyone,

so happy for you!
Congratz and safe travels!!

Reactions: pisces88