+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR post March 18 Travel Exemption

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
one last question - the sibling will need to sign the form by solemn declaration. Who can sign it for him? how much would it cost?
Step 3: Your family member signs the form by solemn declaration
Once you’ve sent the form back to your family member in Canada, they must sign the form by solemn declaration. This is done in front of any official who is legally authorized to receive a solemn declaration, such as a commissioner for oaths, justice of the peace, lawyer or notary public.

If your family member is outside Canada

If your family member is outside Canada and can’t sign the form by solemn declaration in person, there are Canadian service providers, such as some notaries public, commissioners of oaths and lawyers, who may offer this service online.

Your family member may also be able to sign the form by solemn declaration in front of a consular officer of the Government of Canada. They should contact the nearest Government of Canada office overseas to ask about this option. However, in some countries, Canadian consular officers may not be able to perform the solemn declaration due to COVID-19. Your best option may be to find a designated Canadian service provider.

Gill@PB

Aug 18, 2019
Hello everyone,

I'm happy to announce that I got my authorization letter to travel to Canada under EXTENDED family travel exemption with a CoPR post March 18. My request was initially refused on Dec 8, stating that only IMMEDIATE family members are exempted to travel for CoPRs issued after the 18th of March. I still gave it another shot and resubmitted three weeks after and finally got the approval in 16 days.

So for those who are wondering whether or not PR visa holders with CoPR post Mar 18 are even eligible to travel under such exemption, the answer is -- YES WE ARE! So long as you disclose an honest and essential reason for travel and meet the necessary requirements, then it's worth a try

I specifically want to thank @K7moda and @legalfalcon for taking their time to answer my questions, I really appreciate it.
I have same situation, i am PNP from Saskatchewan, my wife’s brother and my brother both are PR but one lives in BC and other in ON respectively. How should I proceed, i mean what reasons should i give and where to go as my brother recently got PR in Canada, but my brother in law has got PR long time back and owns a house too. What do you suggest? Ar the approvals landing specific?

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
I have same situation, i am PNP from Saskatchewan, my wife’s brother and my brother both are PR but one lives in BC and other in ON respectively. How should I proceed, i mean what reasons should i give and where to go as my brother recently got PR in Canada, but my brother in law has got PR long time back and owns a house too. What do you suggest? Ar the approvals landing specific?
Refer to this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#how-citizens-prs
As per definition, you are an extended family member of your brother who’s a PR in Canada and that your reason for travel should be non-discretionary.

Salman Hasan

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hello everyone,

I'm happy to announce that I got my authorization letter to travel to Canada under EXTENDED family travel exemption with a CoPR post March 18. My request was initially refused on Dec 8, stating that only IMMEDIATE family members are exempted to travel for CoPRs issued after the 18th of March. I still gave it another shot and resubmitted three weeks after and finally got the approval in 16 days.

So for those who are wondering whether or not PR visa holders with CoPR post Mar 18 are even eligible to travel under such exemption, the answer is -- YES WE ARE! So long as you disclose an honest and essential reason for travel and meet the necessary requirements, then it's worth a try

I specifically want to thank @K7moda and @legalfalcon for taking their time to answer my questions, I really appreciate it.

Congratulations. I am in the same boat. My application (extended Family) was refused in December with a generic response stating only immediate family can travel.

I am thinking about trying again and would like to make sure I do everything right. Shall appreciate if you can guide me in the following.

1- Did you use a webform or did you email them on IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
2- Did you have spouse and kids traveling with you? If yes, did they also get an authorisation letter?
3- Did you use the same form ( IMM 0006) you used the first time or get a new one signed by your extended family member each time?

Look forward to your help and guidance. Thanks so much.

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
Congratulations. I am in the same boat. My application (extended Family) was refused in December with a generic response stating only immediate family can travel.

I am thinking about trying again and would like to make sure I do everything right. Shall appreciate if you can guide me in the following.

1- Did you use a webform or did you email them on IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
2- Did you have spouse and kids traveling with you? If yes, did they also get an authorisation letter?
3- Did you use the same form ( IMM 0006) you used the first time or get a new one signed by your extended family member each time?

Look forward to your help and guidance. Thanks so much.
Hi, thank you.

1. Yes, I emailed them on that address. I didnt use a webform.
2. I’m the only one in my application.
3. I basically used and submitted the same IMM 0006 form. Submitted it along with the Canadian passport of my extended family, my PRV and COPR, and quarantine plan.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Salman Hasan

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi, thank you.

3. I basically used and submitted the same IMM 0006 form. Submitted it along with the Canadian passport of my extended family, my PRV and COPR, and quarantine plan.

great ... thank you soo much for the prompt response

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi, thank you.

When are you planning to travel? Can we please stay in touch via Whatsapp?

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
I’m not on whatsapp, but I’ll keep this thread updated once I travel and land next month.
Hi again, somebody confused me in another group. They said I was not eligible for an eTA.
I am from Morocco, my COPR and PRV are valid until April 15th 2021, and I have a brother and sister who live in Canada. Can I apply for that ETA and travel to Canada?

Thank you for the help.

stuntt1010

Jan 12, 2021
Hi All,

Just thought I would drop in here too and re-affirm that, "YES", COPR post March 18 2020 can get an exemption to travel udnder extended family. My grlfriend is Canadian and we have been dating for over a year, spent time together and we submitted the IMM0006 to the IRCC and got an approval within less than 2 weeks. I got my COPR on December 21st and plan to travel on March 31st. Time to start getting ready!!!

Keep it up guys, where ther is a will, there will be a way!

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi All,

Just thought I would drop in here too and re-affirm that, "YES", COPR post March 18 2020 can get an exemption to travel udnder extended family. My grlfriend is Canadian and we have been dating for over a year, spent time together and we submitted the IMM0006 to the IRCC and got an approval within less than 2 weeks. I got my COPR on December 21st and plan to travel on March 31st. Time to start getting ready!!!

Keep it up guys, where ther is a will, there will be a way!

Your positive feedback and motivation are much appreciated my friend.

Reactions: stuntt1010