+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR post March 18 Travel Exemption

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
Hi again, somebody confused me in another group. They said I was not eligible for an eTA.
I am from Morocco, my COPR and PRV are valid until April 15th 2021, and I have a brother and sister who live in Canada. Can I apply for that ETA and travel to Canada?

Thank you for the help.
Hi, I’m not well-versed on this part but you can surely ask the seniors in this group.

Reactions: Yassinesnit

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
Hi All,

Just thought I would drop in here too and re-affirm that, "YES", COPR post March 18 2020 can get an exemption to travel udnder extended family. My grlfriend is Canadian and we have been dating for over a year, spent time together and we submitted the IMM0006 to the IRCC and got an approval within less than 2 weeks. I got my COPR on December 21st and plan to travel on March 31st. Time to start getting ready!!!

Keep it up guys, where ther is a will, there will be a way!
Glad to know this, thank you for sharing!

sabine0018

Star Member
Nov 26, 2017
Hello everyone,

I'm happy to announce that I got my authorization letter to travel to Canada under EXTENDED family travel exemption with a CoPR post March 18. My request was initially refused on Dec 8, stating that only IMMEDIATE family members are exempted to travel for CoPRs issued after the 18th of March. I still gave it another shot and resubmitted three weeks after and finally got the approval in 16 days.

So for those who are wondering whether or not PR visa holders with CoPR post Mar 18 are even eligible to travel under such exemption, the answer is -- YES WE ARE! So long as you disclose an honest and essential reason for travel and meet the necessary requirements, then it's worth a try

I specifically want to thank @K7moda and @legalfalcon for taking their time to answer my questions, I really appreciate it.
Congratulations! Do you have extended family in canada? also where did you request?

addy442

Jan 10, 2020
Guys ,
I have received my CoPR and Travel visa in 1st week of December. The expiration date of my CoPR, Visa is Jan 31st, 2021. I am asked to arrive in Canada by that time and my visa will not be extended beyond that date. Am ready to move to Canada. I have my arrival plans ready which include Quarantine stay, Residence, Travel flight plans. On the IRCC website its mentioned that IRCC would contact people with CoPR, Travel visa but no one contacted me. I have raised a couple of web forms requesting Travel Authorization in the month of December to which I received normal response quoting paragraphs from the website, which was of no use. I have raised 2 more web forms seeking Travel Authorization Letter in January but no response yet. Tried calling the New Delhi embassy but no luck.

I don't have any family in Canada. Am an Express entry PR online applied, applicant. My medicals will also expire by Jan 31st, 2021. It would be great if any of you can let me know the options if the CoPR, Visa gets expired.

Thank you

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Guys ,
I have received my CoPR and Travel visa in 1st week of December. The expiration date of my CoPR, Visa is Jan 31st, 2021. I am asked to arrive in Canada by that time and my visa will not be extended beyond that date. Am ready to move to Canada. I have my arrival plans ready which include Quarantine stay, Residence, Travel flight plans. On the IRCC website its mentioned that IRCC would contact people with CoPR, Travel visa but no one contacted me. I have raised a couple of web forms requesting Travel Authorization in the month of December to which I received normal response quoting paragraphs from the website, which was of no use. I have raised 2 more web forms seeking Travel Authorization Letter in January but no response yet. Tried calling the New Delhi embassy but no luck.

I don't have any family in Canada. Am an Express entry PR online applied, applicant. My medicals will also expire by Jan 31st, 2021. It would be great if any of you can let me know the options if the CoPR, Visa gets expired.

Thank you
Mine expire on the 18th of Feb. The last contact I had from the London visa office was to wait for my documents to expire and then contact them for further instructions.
I think they will place all post March 18th approved people on hold until restrictions are eased.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hello everyone,

I'm happy to announce that I got my authorization letter to travel to Canada under EXTENDED family travel exemption with a CoPR post March 18. My request was initially refused on Dec 8, stating that only IMMEDIATE family members are exempted to travel for CoPRs issued after the 18th of March. I still gave it another shot and resubmitted three weeks after and finally got the approval in 16 days.

So for those who are wondering whether or not PR visa holders with CoPR post Mar 18 are even eligible to travel under such exemption, the answer is -- YES WE ARE! So long as you disclose an honest and essential reason for travel and meet the necessary requirements, then it's worth a try

I specifically want to thank @K7moda and @legalfalcon for taking their time to answer my questions, I really appreciate it.
Congrats you surely nailed it good job

Reactions: pisces88

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
Mine expire on the 18th of Feb. The last contact I had from the London visa office was to wait for my documents to expire and then contact them for further instructions.
I think they will place all post March 18th approved people on hold until restrictions are eased.
Hi wotsit! Don't know if it's a good or a bad thing to still see you around......hope they will exempt us from travel restrictions soon!

Reactions: Wotsit

YCH

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
Manitoba
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Could you please share how did you contact to the London office? Was it a web-form request or to some e-mail address?

Reactions: Wotsit

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
Hello, @legalfalcon

I recently received my AL under extended family exemption. I will be landing in Ontario and staying with my family member temporarily, but will eventually move to Alberta since AB is my nominating province. Hopefully when I land, is it okay if I have my PR card sent to the address of my family member in Ontario where I will temporarily reside?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello, @legalfalcon

I recently received my AL under extended family exemption. I will be landing in Ontario and staying with my family member temporarily, but will eventually move to Alberta since AB is my nominating province. Hopefully when I land, is it okay if I have my PR card sent to the address of my family member in Ontario where I will temporarily reside?
Absolutely. No issues. You can provide any address outside Quebec.

Reactions: pisces88