+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR post March 18 Travel Exemption

hon90

Oct 14, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon and all
I have Copr issued by January 2021. I am working from india as of now and my company has operations in Canada too. I have been offered a transfer to Canada office by my manager. Kindly assist if I can seek for AL on this ground?
Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon and all
I have Copr issued by January 2021. I am working from india as of now and my company has operations in Canada too. I have been offered a transfer to Canada office by my manager. Kindly assist if I can seek for AL on this ground?
Thanks
AL is discretionary and you can try. Alternatively, you can also apply for a WP, which will put you under travel exempt criteria.

Reactions: hon90

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Urgent please: Can I quarantine in a shared apartment with a roommate who is not a member of my household?

The guidelines for sharing the same household are as follows:

Limit contact with others
  • Avoid isolating at home if you cannot separate yourself from those who live with you. For example, if:
    • you live in a group or communal living setting
    • you share a small apartment
    • you live in the same household with large families or many people
    • you have roommates who have not travelled with you that you cannot avoid
    • your location is a camp, student dorm or other group setting where there is close contact and you share common spaces
  • Stay in a separate room and use a separate bathroom from others in your home, if possible.
    • This includes if you are living with friends/family who did not travel with you.
See https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/covid-19-how-to-isolate-at-home.html

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
The guidelines for sharing the same household are as follows:

Limit contact with others
  • Avoid isolating at home if you cannot separate yourself from those who live with you. For example, if:
    • you live in a group or communal living setting
    • you share a small apartment
    • you live in the same household with large families or many people
    • you have roommates who have not travelled with you that you cannot avoid
    • your location is a camp, student dorm or other group setting where there is close contact and you share common spaces
  • Stay in a separate room and use a separate bathroom from others in your home, if possible.
    • This includes if you are living with friends/family who did not travel with you.
See https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/covid-19-how-to-isolate-at-home.html
Yes, I’ve checked the website. Would sharing a 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms apartment with a Young person be fine?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Yes, I’ve checked the website. Would sharing a 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms apartment with a Young person be fine?
What you see on the website are guidelines and not something that will be strictly enforced. Just ask your self, if you can stay in the same house and lift contact, and use of common spaces. If you have a separate room, bathroom and limit your common space, you will be fine.

Reactions: Yassinesnit

Satishrana.7061.sr

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
one last question - the sibling will need to sign the form by solemn declaration. Who can sign it for him? how much would it cost?
I have some questions so please help me. In one forum you said that your copr was post march 18th and now you are saying that you have traveled. So, did you have the Authorization letter or can tell me how did you do it.

Parulvats

Mar 15, 2021
Hi All,

I need an advice urgently.

My COPR expires on 31st May’21 and I have booked my tickets for 20th April’21.
My sibling is a PR holder and is residing in Toronto. My question is

1. I am going to validate my COPR and to stay in Toronto. Should I apply for AL under family reunification.

2. If Yes, then arent they two different purposes i.e applying for reunification and travelling to validate COPR

3. Do you know of any one who followed the same route and got the PR card despite the fact that they gave the reason as family reunification.

Request you to kindly advice urgently as I would be trying to travel soon. Thanks a lot.

Regards.
Parul

AshishS87

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Hi All,

I am CEC inland and my PR application is approved. i am still waiting for the COPR document and then I need to apply for PR card.

I know getting PR card will take some months. Therefore, Can i travel to India in Mid May and come back to Canada in Mid July?
Could anyone let me know the process for inland applicants who has the COPR document. But didn't get the PR card and want to travel outside canada and come back?

pisces88

Apr 4, 2019
Hi guys, just a quick update.

I just got my PR card yesterday. Landed in Canada last month, Feb 17. So it took exactly a month and six days

Reactions: klksunny