+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR - February_March_April_2020 - COVID19 Situation - Travel and Landing in Canada

Hrishi2704

Jul 30, 2018
Hello All,

I have started this thread for the applicants who have already received their COPR and are planning their landing in Canada. In light of the evolving situation with COVID-19, I was curious to understand how people are managing their travels. While posting your response, please include the following information.

1. COPR Date:
2. Country of Residence:
3. Mode of Transport (Air/Road - Applies for US Applicants):
4. Anticipated date of travel:
5. Specific thoughts/comments about your particular situation:
6. Specific experience at the border considering the COVID 19 situation (if you have already landed):

I am not completely sure how this thread might or might not help. I just thought it might be worthy discussing the travel plans given this rapidly changing situation. Let's use this on a experimental basis and see if we can get any relevant information. Based on the response level and the COVID19 situation, we can either reduce or expand the scope of this thread.

-Rishi

Last edited:

Hrishi2704

Jul 30, 2018
1. COPR Date: 10MAR2020

2. Country of Residence: United States

3. Mode of Transport (Air/Road - Applies for US Applicants): Air

4. Anticipated date of travel: Preferably 3rd week of April

5. Specific thoughts/comments about your particular situation: Still debating if I should book my travel or not. Or is it even safe to travel. At the same time, I have a fear (from what I am reading in the news), there's a possibility that Canada might close the international borders (at least for a certain amount of time). Even though my COPR expiry is 04SEP2020, I would like to make this move sooner than later, considering my VISA situation in the US.

6. Specific experience at the border considering the COVID 19 situation (if you have already landed): N/A

Nekky16

Feb 22, 2016
COPR Date: Feb 21 2020
2. Country of Residence: Canada
3. Mode of Transport (Air/Road - Applies for US Applicants): By Road, landing at border nearest to my city.
4. Anticipated date of travel: 2020 March 28th
5. Specific thoughts/comments about your particular situation: Was going to land at the border but due to the coronavirus situation, I am worried I might have an issue entering back into the country as only US citizens and diplomats are allowed into Canada as at this time. I also worry the CBSA officers at the border are overwhelmed and too busy to deal with my case. I do not want to be stuck in the US for a certain period of time.
6. Specific experience at the border considering the COVID 19 situation (if you have already landed): N/A

Hrishi2704

Jul 30, 2018
COPR Date: Feb 21 2020
2. Country of Residence: Canada
3. Mode of Transport (Air/Road - Applies for US Applicants): By Road, landing at border nearest to my city.
4. Anticipated date of travel: 2020 March 28th
5. Specific thoughts/comments about your particular situation: Was going to land at the border but due to the coronavirus situation, I am worried I might have an issue entering back into the country as only US citizens and diplomats are allowed into Canada as at this time. I also worry the CBSA officers at the border are overwhelmed and too busy to deal with my case. I do not want to be stuck in the US for a certain period of time.
Thanks for the response.

I would just have to wait in the US for the Canadian PoE (Airports) to open. I think Canadian residents have an option of booking a appointment with offices within Canada, right? Why don't you try that instead of driving to the border?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/application-approved.html

I just checked this above link and it says that they have suspended those services too. But you might want to check that in detail.

Besides, there's more discussion happening in another thread on this whole issue. People are more active there. You might want to post things there as well. I dint realize there was a lot of action going in a different thread, when I started this thread.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/corona-virus-threat-to-travel-copr-expires-on-24th-april-2020.681849/page-4

Last edited:

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Thanks for the response.

I would just have to wait in the US for the Canadian border to open. I think Canadian residents have an option of booking a appointment with offices within Canada, right? Why don't you try that instead of driving to the border?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/application-approved.html

I just checked this above link and it says that they have suspended those services too. But you might want to check that in detail.

Besides, there's more discussion happening in another thread on this whole issue. People are more active there. You might want to post things there as well. I dint realize there was a lot of action going in a different thread, when I started this thread.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/corona-virus-threat-to-travel-copr-expires-on-24th-april-2020.681849/page-4
The land borders are open

Hrishi2704

Jul 30, 2018
Sorry, I misspoke. I meant to say PoE (Airports). Not the US-Canada land border.

I was actually thinking of driving to Canada before. But since I am not a US Citizen, I don't think they'll grant me entry into Canada, with these updated regulations. Besides that, my Car is financed in the US, so I can't register it in Canada. So I'll have to drive back to the US once I am done with the landing process. Coming back to the US would need other substantial documentation. This whole driving thing would make things messy and riskier, according to me. I think the best option is to just sell my car, take care of all the business here and fly to Canada.

My CoPR expiry is in September, so I still have quite a good amount of time. I was just hoping to make my move to Canada sooner than later.

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Hi,

1. COPR Date: 23rd Oct 2019
2. Country of Residence: India
3. Mode of Transport (Air/Road - Applies for US Applicants): Air (via turkey)
4. Anticipated date of travel: Confirmed ticket for April 14th,2020
5. Specific thoughts/comments about your particular situation: I am really worried as the airlines are not answering the calls, embassy is not picking up the call, filled a webform on the CIC website and still waiting for a response. News says that only Citizens and PR holders are allowed but I only have COPR, will i be able to fly I don't know and my COPR expires on May 9th 2020. I don't know what to do. If anyone has a landing date before April 14th and after Canada has limited the intake of people, please share an update.
6. Specific experience at the border considering the COVID 19 situation (if you have already landed):

Aashi21

Mar 18, 2020
CoPR date: 10 sept 2019
Country of residence: pakistan
Mode of transport: Oman air
Anticipated date of travel: confirmed ticket for 22 march 2020
Specific thoughts/comments about your particular situation: Iam really worried if we can do landing? Emailed IRCC but didnt get any clarification about immigrants who want to do entry. My CoPR will expire on 13 Apr 2020. Can anyone please share the update if by any chance we can do the landing?

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
CoPR date: 10 sept 2019
Country of residence: pakistan
Mode of transport: Oman air
Anticipated date of travel: confirmed ticket for 22 march 2020
Specific thoughts/comments about your particular situation: Iam really worried if we can do landing? Emailed IRCC but didnt get any clarification about immigrants who want to do entry. My CoPR will expire on 13 Apr 2020. Can anyone please share the update if by any chance we can do the landing?
No landing at the time - contact cic using web form and lets wait for some updates.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Hello everyone,

Thanks for starting this group. I am in the same situation and tensed.
My parents got COPR to Canada. They are in India. Their stamped date is 27th April 2020 and they have to make landing to Canada before this date. however looking at the travel restrictions due to COVID 19 they are unable to travel here.
Please help, suggest and guide what should be done.

mandy7599

Mar 19, 2020
COPR : feb, valid till 2 April 2020
Anticipated travel on 29 March
During the current travel restrictions, can I land with valid COPR ? As it is mentioned on IRCC , those having valid COPR are encouraged to use their existing COPR to land.

Can I make soft landing prior to expiration date. I have my real sister PR there, is that considered under immediate family member?

Reactions: Adam261

Gsk47

Nov 8, 2019
AOR Received.
9th july, 2019
Med's Done....
08-2019
This is open question, many think that we cant in this scenario, however if we are related to citizen, then scenario might be different, raise webform to query it

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
This is open question, many think that we cant in this scenario, however if we are related to citizen, then scenario might be different, raise webform to query it
COPR : feb, valid till 2 April 2020
Anticipated travel on 29 March
During the current travel restrictions, can I land with valid COPR ? As it is mentioned on IRCC , those having valid COPR are encouraged to use their existing COPR to land.

Can I make soft landing prior to expiration date. I have my real sister PR there, is that considered under immediate family member?
I am not sure if this is correct. They have said only Citizens and PR holders can travel. Not COPR. Immediate family members is not clear yet.