+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR - February_March_April_2020 - COVID19 Situation - Travel and Landing in Canada

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You can try, but if your visa processed in canada, it must be them you contact, I think. I think we can only send case specified enquire to ask them to be more flexible for our situations.

I had plan to land (softlan) earlier in mid march too, but the stupid virus ruined plans. Now, there are so many restrictions in my home county company (14 days quarantine) after travel.

I just wishe that immigration canada can understand and know we travel so far and long and risk ourself to virus and then need to quarantine for 14 days in canada and then go back to our first homes and then quarantine for another 14 days. I not have 28 days annual leaves sadely.
Maybe your words came across not as you intended but the quarantine is obviously for a purpose to ensure anyone coming into Canada poses little risk to Canadian residents. Sure immigration might have some sympathy that people travelling now put themselves at risk but that is a personal decision whereas they have a responsibility to Canadian residents same as your home country has a duty to travellers returning

The expectation is , but nobody knows, that IRCC will publish a policy beyond the vague statements already out there about sending a web form to register inability to travel but there seems little point in saying a 3,6,9 month extension and keep on extending when nobody knows how long this emergency may be with us.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
Maybe your words came across not as you intended but the quarantine is obviously for a purpose to ensure anyone coming into Canada poses little risk to Canadian residents. Sure immigration might have some sympathy that people travelling now put themselves at risk but that is a personal decision whereas they have a responsibility to Canadian residents same as your home country has a duty to travellers returning

The expectation is , but nobody knows, that IRCC will publish a policy beyond the vague statements already out there about sending a web form to register inability to travel but there seems little point in saying a 3,6,9 month extension and keep on extending when nobody knows how long this emergency may be with us.
Yes, I mean I totally agree with quarantine and not pose risk to any other human person.

Also, right on ircc website saying we make best effort travel there to CopR, I feel forced. If I was told I have 3-6 months extra wait, I feel ok about it. I no feel forced. Even if after 6 months I need to ask again for extension and ircc understand it, I will prefer this.

Ircc not owes us anything for sure. But a bit human compassion to us waiting so long (and having many limitations in work and countrywise), will help us. Asking us make best effort actually make us travel, get infected and cause more spread. This is not right.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Hey did you receive any updates from CIC as yet?
Received the standard email that everyone receives after filling web form. But now the lock down in India is extended till April 30th so the copr will expire before that. No confirmation regarding copr extension is given so its stressfull situation.

Anshujha012

Jan 23, 2019
Hello Guys,

Can i work from USA if i have job offer from canada and valid CoPR but never travelled to canada to activate my PR and i don't have SIN number too. Can it be possible during (COVID -1 9)Pandemic situation? because travelling is not safe now.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
Received the standard email that everyone receives after filling web form. But now the lock down in India is extended till April 30th so the copr will expire before that. No confirmation regarding copr extension is given so its stressfull situation.
Keep courage, friend. We can all support all other. I believe if your country lockdown, you have valid reason to explain you not yet go finish CopR

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
Hello Guys,

Can i work from USA if i have job offer from canada and valid CoPR but never travelled to canada to activate my PR and i don't have SIN number too. Can it be possible during (COVID -1 9)Pandemic situation? because travelling is not safe now.
You have visa work permit from USA? This is more key to be able to work in USA.

EndGame_12345

Feb 19, 2019
Hello Guys,

Depends on your visa type. For H1 / L1 you can only work in USA for the company who holds your visa. For H1 your canadian company may do a visa transfer if they want you to work from USA (depending if they have a US legal entity established) . So basically, you cannot work in USA on just any company just because you have a work visa. USCIS has not mentioned any leniency around this AFIAK.

saksharma28

Jul 9, 2019
Hi guys!
I raised a web form to inform IRCC regarding my uncertainty of landing in Canada before the expiry of my COPR due to Coronavirus pandemic.
I got a reply that my information has been transferred to the responsible office and my file is located at the Canadian visa office in New Office.
I am a bit confused with this reply. I have already received COPR then am I supposed to inform NDVO about my travel plan?

Did anyone else got such reply?
While raising web form I chose ‘Permanent Residence (applied online)’ in type of enquiry.
Please let me know if I should have selected something else.

MVermaRB

Feb 24, 2020
Hello Guys,

Copr Receive date- March 10, 2020, | Valid till- mid Aug, 2020, | Destination- Saskatchewan

I have a query, if someone can answer. I have booked tickets for end week of June (if flights will start) , out of my whole journey, Air Canada cancelled my booking from Toronto - Saskatchewan and i need to stay in Toronto for 2 days before i take on the flight... My question is, as i am a SINP candidate, is it okay if i do my 14 days quarantine in toronto and then goto Saskatchewan... Bcoz normally PNP nominee should go directly to state of nomination..

Anyone has any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

gcshekar

May 18, 2020
My SON’s
1. COPR Date:March 20 , 2020
2. Country of Residence: India
3. Mode of Transport (Air/Road - Applies for US Applicants):
4. Anticipated date of travel: want to travel at earliest as I have put my papers
5. Specific thoughts/comments about your particular situation: my COPR EXP DATE is sept 20,2020
6. THE WEBSITE says those who received b4 March 18 2020can travel when can he travel
CAN ANYONE GUIDE WILL HE BE ALLOWED TO TRAVEL AT THE EARLEST

MVermaRB

Feb 24, 2020
My SON’s
4. Anticipated date of travel: want to travel at earliest as I have put my papers
5. Specific thoughts/comments about your particular situation: my COPR EXP DATE is sept 20,2020
6. THE WEBSITE says those who received b4 March 18 2020can travel when can he travel
If the date on COPR document is till March 18 , which in your case is 20th, so your son can not travel until travel restrictions...
Althought people from 18th of before, can not travel at the moment too due to flights not working...

@rhuq007

Jan 22, 2020
1. COPR Date: April 1st
2. Country of Residence: China
3. Mode of Transport (Air/Road - Applies for US Applicants): Air
4. Anticipated date of travel: June
5. Specific thoughts/comments about your particular situation:
My parents copr will be expired in July. Wondering if they can get on the plane and land in Canada, with COPR visa, and necessary docs to prove the immediate family relationship.
Heard that with the COPR visa granted, their previous super visa will be invalid automatically. So such combination - COPR plus immediate family exemption, will work?
6. Specific experience at the border considering the COVID 19 situation (if you have already landed): N/A
Hi are you being able to travel due to travel restrictions in Canada?

@rhuq007

Jan 22, 2020
My SON’s
Hi. What is the update with your son traveling? Any update from IRCC regarding extension?

P91

Sep 8, 2020
Hi all,

is there anyone here who got their COPR after 18th March?

I got mine on 31th March, but apparantly IRCC only wants those before 18th March to write them via Webform and tell them about their situation. I wrote them via Webform and the reply was "please use this website for more information" and on the website it said, please use the Webform, it was no help, so I wrote them again.