+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR - February_March_April_2020 - COVID19 Situation - Travel and Landing in Canada

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Only received the generic response. However it does not mention about extension. When is your COPR valid untill?
COPR is valid until mid-May. Feels like my Mom should plan for travel somewhere around second week of May.

From what it looks there should be little motivation for IRCC to provide extension for those countries where ban has been lifted. (Delhi and Hyderabad India in my case, which currently targets 14 April for the local bans to lift.)

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
COPR is valid until mid-May. Feels like my Mom should plan for travel somewhere around second week of May.

From what it looks there should be little motivation for IRCC to provide extension for those countries where ban has been lifted. (Delhi and Hyderabad India in my case, which currently targets 14 April for the local bans to lift.)
Delhi in my case. But is it confirmed that flights will start from April 14th? And even if they do they will be overbooked.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Delhi in my case. But is it confirmed that flights will start from April 14th? And even if they do they will be overbooked.
My mom heard on news yesterday that flights have opened bookings but the travel ban will still be in effect unofficially till April 30. The prices are insanely high for April and you won't find a decent flight until May 1.

lovebeanbao

Apr 4, 2020
1. COPR Date: April 1st
2. Country of Residence: China
3. Mode of Transport (Air/Road - Applies for US Applicants): Air
4. Anticipated date of travel: June
5. Specific thoughts/comments about your particular situation:
My parents copr will be expired in July. Wondering if they can get on the plane and land in Canada, with COPR visa, and necessary docs to prove the immediate family relationship.
Heard that with the COPR visa granted, their previous super visa will be invalid automatically. So such combination - COPR plus immediate family exemption, will work?
6. Specific experience at the border considering the COVID 19 situation (if you have already landed): N/A

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
1. COPR Date: April 1st
2. Country of Residence: China
3. Mode of Transport (Air/Road - Applies for US Applicants): Air
4. Anticipated date of travel: June
5. Specific thoughts/comments about your particular situation:
My parents copr will be expired in July. Wondering if they can get on the plane and land in Canada, with COPR visa, and necessary docs to prove the immediate family relationship.
Heard that with the COPR visa granted, their previous super visa will be invalid automatically. So such combination - COPR plus immediate family exemption, will work?
6. Specific experience at the border considering the COVID 19 situation (if you have already landed): N/A
Hi,
I think COPR supercedes every other entry permit type. So from that perspective your parents should be all set.

Next, regarding the immediate family member factor - that I do not think is applicable nor necessary for your parents - because the exemption announced by government is good for COPR holders. Finally, when they are travelling, what I would do if I were you, is to ask parents to carry a file with all application related documents + copy of some documents showing relationship. Such as birth certificate etc which can establish that.

Best wishes!

lovebeanbao

Apr 4, 2020
Hi,
I think COPR supercedes every other entry permit type. So from that perspective your parents should be all set.

Next, regarding the immediate family member factor - that I do not think is applicable nor necessary for your parents - because the exemption announced by government is good for COPR holders. Finally, when they are travelling, what I would do if I were you, is to ask parents to carry a file with all application related documents + copy of some documents showing relationship. Such as birth certificate etc which can establish that.

Best wishes!
Thanks for reply!
I think for now only COPR approved before March 16 (or 18) are exempted...
Unfortunately mine was approved in April :-(

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
True - when is the COPR valid until Neeti? If feasible, I would simply book flight for earliest date available or say 2 days before COPR expiry. The advantage I see :
- In case the flights are operational, all good and mom and dad will be here...is there anything better that that!
- If the ban extends and flight gets cancelled - you will get the refund/credit.
- the cancelled flight details would serve as the perfect alibi when you are writing to IRCC again - as reason wy parents could not land, despite making best efforts!
Makes sense?! :)

abhishekmishra19

Jul 15, 2019
India
Hi,
My COPR expired on 01 April 2020. I planned to travel on 19th March from India but not able to travel due to restrictions.
Raised web form and received generic reply as shared by other members. I also called IRCC on toll free nos. but official on other line was not clear and kept on saying please refer our web site.

Now -
1. Exceptions includes COPR holders also but does it qualifies for expired COPR also?
2. Pl share thoughts in case any one in similar situations?
3. IRCC website mentioned that whenevr you are ready to travel again raise a web form. Anyone raised that web form and received reply?

Reactions: Adam261

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi,
My COPR expired on 01 April 2020. I planned to travel on 19th March from India but not able to travel due to restrictions.
Raised web form and received generic reply as shared by other members. I also called IRCC on toll free nos. but official on other line was not clear and kept on saying please refer our web site.

Now -
1. Exceptions includes COPR holders also but does it qualifies for expired COPR also?
2. Pl share thoughts in case any one in similar situations?
3. IRCC website mentioned that whenevr you are ready to travel again raise a web form. Anyone raised that web form and received reply?
Mine was expired on April 1st too

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
Oh then what will you do now?You were not able to travel because of no flights? any news about COPR extensions?
Agree that we should consider extensions. I not want to fly as so risky to catch virus. I travel with children and not want to risk their health.

Gayathri Neelakandan

Apr 6, 2020
Hi friends my visa processing Centre was Ottawa and i have already raised the web form and din't get any reply(even generic or case specific).I am from india.Can i also mail to NDVO or whose Visa processing centre was NDVO only adviced to mail or contact.Please suggest friends.

BTW my copr expiry date is April 30th

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
Hi friends my visa processing Centre was Ottawa and i have already raised the web form and din't get any reply(even generic or case specific).I am from india.Can i also mail to NDVO or whose Visa processing centre was NDVO only adviced to mail or contact.Please suggest friends.

BTW my copr expiry date is April 30th
You can try, but if your visa processed in canada, it must be them you contact, I think. I think we can only send case specified enquire to ask them to be more flexible for our situations.

I had plan to land (softlan) earlier in mid march too, but the stupid virus ruined plans. Now, there are so many restrictions in my home county company (14 days quarantine) after travel.

I just wishe that immigration canada can understand and know we travel so far and long and risk ourself to virus and then need to quarantine for 14 days in canada and then go back to our first homes and then quarantine for another 14 days. I not have 28 days annual leaves sadely.