+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR approved after March 18, 2020

L0VEL1VER

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hi all, just some information for those who have got COPR post march 18 and applied for written authorization.

Scenario: I am a PGWP holder, and my parents and I have got our COPRs (post march 18, expiring June 2021). I am in Canada while they are overseas. My parents have applied for a written authorization under the category of: unite with an immediate family member (temporary resident). After exactly 15 days, they have received a written authorization, valid for 3 months.

The authorization we've received starts as:

Authorization for Exemption from COVID-19 Canadian Travel Restrictions
From: International Network – Rapid Response Operations Centre (RROC)
Subject: Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,
Your request to be exempted from the current restrictions to travel to Canada has been approved under the Order in
Council, Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from any country
other than the United States).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Email we sent include information regarding:

Travel Exemption Criteria: immediate family members of a temporary resident in Canada

Primary Applicant:

Date of Birth:

Passport:

UCI:

Application:

Visa Category: IM-1 Immigrant

Visa & COPR Expiry Date:

Current Country of Residence:

Anticipated Date of Travelling:

Quarantine Plan:

Attachments:

1. passports, Visa and COPR (of everyone involved, in this case mine and my parents')
2. proof of relationship (in my case, a birth certificate)
3. Proof of status of the person in Canada (in my case, my PGWP)
4. My Canadian driver's license (or anything with a name and a Canadian address)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The idea behind the email is: don't try to let them figure out why you should be exempted. Simply tell them which criteria applies to you the best.

Hopefully my experience could be helpful for those who are under similar circumstances.

Last edited:

spaul87

Aug 1, 2018
Hi all, just some information for those who have got COPR post march 18 and applied for written authorization.

Scenario: I am a PGWP holder, and my parents and I have got our COPRs (post march 18, expiring June 2021). I am in Canada while they are overseas. My parents have applied for a written authorization under the category of: unite with an immediate family member (temporary resident). After exactly 15 days, they have received a written authorization, valid for 3 months.

The authorization we've received starts as:

Authorization for Exemption from COVID-19 Canadian Travel Restrictions
From: International Network – Rapid Response Operations Centre (RROC)
Subject: Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,
Your request to be exempted from the current restrictions to travel to Canada has been approved under the Order in
Council, Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from any country
other than the United States).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Email we sent include information regarding:

Travel Exemption Criteria: immediate family members of a temporary resident in Canada

Primary Applicant:

Date of Birth:

Passport:

UCI:

Application:

Visa Category: IM-1 Immigrant

Visa & COPR Expiry Date:

Quarantine Plan:

Attachments:

1. passports, Visa and COPR (of everyone involved, in this case mine and my parents')
2. proof of relationship (in my case, a birth certificate)
3. Proof of status of the person in Canada (in my case, my PGWP)
4. My Canadian driver's license (or anything with a name and a Canadian address)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The idea behind the email is: don't try to let them figure out why you should be exempted. Simply tell them which criteria applies to you the best.

Hopefully my experience could be helpful for those who are under similar circumstances.
Hi thanks for your post. I am in the process of collecting statutory declaration from my sibling. But can u please tell me the mail address where i can apply for Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions or i have to raise a webform? I am confused here. Please help.

L0VEL1VER

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020

spaul87

Aug 1, 2018

L0VEL1VER

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Wow.... I never understood that its a mail address. Thanks for the address. So now all i have to do is attach the statutory declaration, proof of my siblings citizenship and our relationship. Right?
Another thing, If possible can u please send me a sample of the application. I mean how to write and what to address?
Here is what my mother has included in her email
1. List out all the items I've mentioned in the main post.
2. several paragraphs indicating who she is, and why she is visiting. She also introduced me regarding what my status is and where I am living.
3. A detailed quarantine plan (you understand you would need to book a 3-day hotel + how would you go home from the hotel after 3 days + how and where would you have your 14 days quarantine).

Of course, attach any identification of the people involved. In my case, we have attached our passports, PR Visa, COPR, my Canadian license, my PGWP and a birth certificate.

My email starts like this:
-------------------------------
Primary Applicant:
Date of Birth:
Passport:
UCI:
Application:
Visa Category:
Visa & COPR Expiry Date:

To whom it may concern,

This is XX. I am an approved primary applicant for Permanent Residency, and I would like to apply
for a Written Authorization to come to Canada with my husband, XXX, to reunite
with our son, XXXXXX.

Reason for Traveling:

First, we want to reunite with our son, xxxxxx. He lives in xxx.
Second, we would like to land as permanent resident residents and live in canada permanently.

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
If your COPR is expired before the removal of restrictions then you will need to wait until IRCC contacts you..Mine expired on 20th January and waiting for an update from IRCC. Will keep the forum posted if i receive any update.
Hey Hi Dimps! any news from ircc?

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
After march 18 copr holders cant travel, but some say if you have job offers, you can.. it is not just by giving 2000 dollars...you can look guidelines on IRCC website.
Hello Renalpe, any news from ircc? my copr is expiring in few days :rolleyes:

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
hey... glad to find someone in same situation..
i raised webform and email to them and asked them form AL... ( permanent resident visa)
my visa will expire on april,14 and they extended my son's till april,14 !!!!
so they asked me to do re-medical .. i did it and now i am waiting for next step
Hello Baharmina! any update from ircc?

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines
hey... glad to find someone in same situation..
i raised webform and email to them and asked them form AL... ( permanent resident visa)
my visa will expire on april,14 and they extended my son's till april,14 !!!!
so they asked me to do re-medical .. i did it and now i am waiting for next step
so your in family reunification? pre - march?