+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR approved after March 18, 2020

sundeepk

Aug 3, 2019
Me and my wife have got a COPR expiring 1st April 2021. If we have to travel before that date, then we need to plan travel now itself! - We have to quit our jobs and serve the notice period for 2-3 months. This puts us in a dilemma. No-one knows when the travel will be eased. We want to plan only after things are clear from travel perspective. Do you think COPR can be extended?
hi Ajay,

due to COVID even if the COPR expires they will give us a way to enter Canada, just that, it will further delay our plans .

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
Me and my wife have got a COPR expiring 1st April 2021. If we have to travel before that date, then we need to plan travel now itself! - We have to quit our jobs and serve the notice period for 2-3 months. This puts us in a dilemma. No-one knows when the travel will be eased. We want to plan only after things are clear from travel perspective. Do you think COPR can be extended?
There is no solid news but current restriction is until 21st jan and will know more in coming week or so.
Nevertheless i think you will be able to extend your copr given the circumstances + pandemic.

shamly_manoj

Dec 22, 2020
Hi All, if your job offer is an essential skill and COPR received after 18th March in this case your exempted. Have anyone traveled.
Hi I am working as a software engineer in india.
My company had given me 2 years onsite job in canada. I have valid Copr.
I got copr on Dec 2020.
It will expire on April 2021.
Will I come under essential skill? Can I travel without authorisation letter?

moe_218

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Just want to hear from you guys regarding this dilemna we are currently facing. For those approved COPRs/PRV after March 18, 2020 Rule, how do we handle our expiring COPRs/PRVs since we cannot travel? Is it different from Pre-March 18, 2020, who we are given exemptions and CAN travel to canada anytime as long as they are ready. Now, we, the post-March 18, 2020 COPR holders, can we request for just an extension or wait for the instructions of IRCC and let your COPR expire?

Our status is that our COPR/PRV was approved November 4, 2020 and is valid upto January 23, 2021. Travel restrictions were extended upto January 21, 2021. We already raised a webform requesting for an extension, no reply yet from IRCC.

What to do???

Thank you to who will reply and can help other COPR holders approved after MArch 18, 2020 ruling.
Hi

Do you mind sharing the latest on yout case? We'll be in similar situation soon !

Reactions: sophia01

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines
Hi

Do you mind sharing the latest on yout case? We'll be in similar situation soon !
IRCC send a generic response affirming our situation that we are approved and awaiting lifting of travel restrictions, and message them once we are ready.

We just decided to wait for the IRCC to mail instructions since they released a memo regarding that they dont accept any ready to travel webforms and wait for them to contact us.

Prazol0793

Jan 12, 2021
Hello,,I got the visa under province prograame..I received my passport with stamp visa on 06 Jan 2021....As note the validity of visa is 30-11-2020 to 30-12-3020,,, which is expired when I got it in my hand,,I guess the year may should be till 2021,,,plz advice wat should I do further for this rectification....

njnbat

Jul 24, 2018
yesterday restrictions for us/Canada have extended to feb. In most certainty Extention of travel restrictions will be the case for other countries too. What must one do if COPR is received on jan with expiry by May ? Recent understanding is that Ircc is not accepting travel web form requests as well post dec 22.
Is the only option to wait till restrictions are lifted ?

Prazol0793

Jan 12, 2021
I m still waiting the solution/advice of my issue that i have receive the visa under AIPP,,I Received the VISA on 06 th Jan 201 ,,but the validity was 30-11-2020 to
30-12-2020.Please advice now wat in eed to do for the correction ..I guess the visa is till 30-12-2021..Please advice

Reactions: manku_patel

sundeepk

Aug 3, 2019
Hi respected forums members, from the Canada site I see the section below

Approved permanent resident applicants with expired and expiring COPR and permanent resident visa who are outside Canada
You’re exempt from the travel restrictions, but can’t travel to Canada unless your documents are re-issued, if

• we approved your permanent resident application on or before March 18, 2020, and
  • we issued you a confirmation of permanent resident document that is expired or about to expire
We’ll contact you (if we haven’t already) to ask you if you’re able to travel to Canada now, to live and settle here. Once we approve you to come to Canada, we’ll issue you the documents you need to travel.

To avoid delays, we ask that you don’t contact us via our Web form or through the processing office email. If you already contacted us before December 23, 2020, we’ll look into your request.

it says cannot travel if the Copr was issued before march 18 th and is expired or about to expire (before march 18th)

looking at this my understanding is that the ones having valid Copr are exempted from travel restrictions

note the text highlighted in red and it specifically says candidates outside of Canada

source : www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired

Last edited:

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines
Hi respected forums members, from the Canada site I see the section below

Approved permanent resident applicants with expired and expiring COPR and permanent resident visa who are outside Canada
You’re exempt from the travel restrictions, but can’t travel to Canada unless your documents are re-issued, if

• we approved your permanent resident application on or before March 18, 2020, and
  • we issued you a confirmation of permanent resident document that is expired or about to expire
We’ll contact you (if we haven’t already) to ask you if you’re able to travel to Canada now, to live and settle here. Once we approve you to come to Canada, we’ll issue you the documents you need to travel.

To avoid delays, we ask that you don’t contact us via our Web form or through the processing office email. If you already contacted us before December 23, 2020, we’ll look into your request.

it says cannot travel if the Copr was issued before march 18 th and is expired or about to expire (before march 18th)

looking at this my understanding is that the ones having valid Copr are exempted from travel restrictions

note the text highlighted in red and it specifically says candidates outside of Canada

source : www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired
These are for pre March 18, 2020, and the AND in the end of the first 1st bullet sentence, is a continuation for pre MArch 18 COPR holders.

Its not for post March 18, 2020 COPR released holders. We are indeed NOT exempted from Travel restrictions unless with the other exemptions like essential services, work orders, students, etc.

Reactions: esam99

umerbajwa

Jan 3, 2021
I am also in the same boat
COPR issued in Dec 2020
Valid till may
unable to travel as visa issued after march 18
If anyone of you find a way to get exempted from travel restrictions or find a way to go or any changes from Canadian govt
please mention your case here

Reactions: Renalpe