+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR approved after March 18, 2020

Paul@CAD

Sep 26, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Just want to hear from you guys regarding this dilemna we are currently facing. For those approved COPRs/PRV after March 18, 2020 Rule, how do we handle our expiring COPRs/PRVs since we cannot travel? Is it different from Pre-March 18, 2020, who we are given exemptions and CAN travel to canada anytime as long as they are ready. Now, we, the post-March 18, 2020 COPR holders, can we request for just an extension or wait for the instructions of IRCC and let your COPR expire?

Our status is that our COPR/PRV was approved November 4, 2020 and is valid upto January 23, 2021. Travel restrictions were extended upto January 21, 2021. We already raised a webform requesting for an extension, no reply yet from IRCC.

What to do???

Thank you to who will reply and can help other COPR holders approved after MArch 18, 2020 ruling.
Go and do a covid text you can travel with a negative covid text

baharnima

Jan 24, 2021
My Copr will expire on 14 April and one of my dependent’s medical is expiring on april . They cantacted me to do re medical ...but i don’t know whether they giv me AL or not .. i am after 18 march

Reactions: sarah2006

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
My Copr will expire on 14 April and one of my dependent’s medical is expiring on april . They cantacted me to do re medical ...but i don’t know whether they giv me AL or not .. i am after 18 march
Did you raise the webform for AL/COPR extension or they just asked you to do the re-medical without raising webform?

baharnima

Jan 24, 2021
Did you raise the webform for AL/COPR extension or they just asked you to do the re-medical without raising webform?
Yes, i did. I raised webform and email for AL and then they asked me redo it.. is it possible to issue AL. After pass the remedical?

Reactions: gtcan19

tcc11

Sep 24, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Just want to hear from you guys regarding this dilemna we are currently facing. For those approved COPRs/PRV after March 18, 2020 Rule, how do we handle our expiring COPRs/PRVs since we cannot travel? Is it different from Pre-March 18, 2020, who we are given exemptions and CAN travel to canada anytime as long as they are ready. Now, we, the post-March 18, 2020 COPR holders, can we request for just an extension or wait for the instructions of IRCC and let your COPR expire?

Our status is that our COPR/PRV was approved November 4, 2020 and is valid upto January 23, 2021. Travel restrictions were extended upto January 21, 2021. We already raised a webform requesting for an extension, no reply yet from IRCC.

What to do???

Thank you to who will reply and can help other COPR holders approved after MArch 18, 2020 ruling.
-If COPR is expired, contact CIC to let them know that you were not able to travel before expiry and ask for further instructions. im pretty sure they wont be the ones contacting you.

-you are allowed to travel as long as you are an immediate family member. extended family member would require authorization letter from CIC.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Yes, i did. I raised webform and email for AL and then they asked me redo it.. is it possible to issue AL. After pass the remedical?
No one can predict them. Redo your med and update them. Hopefully they will issue you with the travel document. Do you have immediate family member in Canada or you in any exemption list ?

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines
-If COPR is expired, contact CIC to let them know that you were not able to travel before expiry and ask for further instructions. im pretty sure they wont be the ones contacting you.

-you are allowed to travel as long as you are an immediate family member. extended family member would require authorization letter from CIC.
already contacted them before expiry but generic responses are sent. no families there...so imreally not exempted...i think post march copr holders has nothing to do but to wait the lifting of the travel ban.

reptiloid

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hello, folks! I am in the same boat as you are, PNP outland, COPR issued in November 2020, valid until 30th of January, not exempt from the travel restrictions. Thank you for creating this topic!

As far as I understand, IRCC can extend medicine for those, who have COPR after the 18th of March. Yesterday I wrote to my VO to ask if I need a new medical exam, still no response and honestly I do not expect any in the nearest future.

I have searched through canadavisa forums and if I get it right, we do not need to worry, just wait until the situation resolves and IRCC contacts us.

Reactions: shipping