+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

A_D

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Hello folks,
I happened to speak with an IRCC agent inquiring status of my application post re-medicals. The agent said at present they are focusing only on priority cases. All other applicants will be receiving updates on the client accounts/profiles. I feel it’s pointless calling them anymore. Just continue the waiting game patiently!!!
This is so taxing, another couple of months. I read in the other forum that some inland applicants are getting 2nd pr's and their re meds have been updated only by November 20th or so.
You are right pointless in calling them.

bhaskarm

Jul 14, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-08-2019
This is so taxing, another couple of months. I read in the other forum that some inland applicants are getting 2nd pr's and their re meds have been updated only by November 20th or so.
You are right pointless in calling them.
Ya true. I am not building any further hopes. I have done the needful timely. If it comes through fine, otherwise move on and focus on other spheres in life. I don’t want to waste another year hoping and expecting for things to happen.

Reactions: A_D

jatinder161088

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Ya true. I am not building any further hopes. I have done the needful timely. If it comes through fine, otherwise move on and focus on other spheres in life. I don’t want to waste another year hoping and expecting for things to happen.
i agree..
but people are randomly getting PPRs. Few got their remedicals before ours and few after..but PPRs are coming...
I know we all in a clueless state, but lets not crib for something that is not in our hands...we cannot do anything except wait.

bhaskarm

Jul 14, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-08-2019
i agree..
but people are randomly getting PPRs. Few got their remedicals before ours and few after..but PPRs are coming...
I know we all in a clueless state, but lets not crib for something that is not in our hands...we cannot do anything except wait.
Well I am not cribbing about anything. Just expressed my opinion about not wasting time building false hopes about something not in my capacity. Whatever and whenever it happens is all for good!!!!

Last edited:

Curry100

Aug 19, 2021
you are not alone in this. AOR DEC-2019, COPR expired - sept 2021, waiting for UE.
I also spoke with an agent. I did not receive a UE as of now and I am premarch. I did my re-medical over a year ago, in which I advised the agent that it has now expired. I was advised that the last update on my profile is communication between two agents looking to grant a medical extension specific to my situation. People who haven't been contacted via UE in my opinion are currently/in line to skip this step if they have already sat a second medical.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hello folks,
I happened to speak with an IRCC agent inquiring status of my application post re-medicals. The agent said at present they are focusing only on priority cases. All other applicants will be receiving updates on the client accounts/profiles. I feel it’s pointless calling them anymore. Just continue the waiting game patiently!!!
Not in bulk but they are issuing PPR as couple of friends are updating in other groups. Hopefully we’ll also receive that by year end as Christmas gift from IRCC :p.

Indeed meaningless to contact those agents. They have limited info abt our files as IRCC page says : ‘Our agents do not have access to more information about your case status or processing time than you can access online’.

bhaskarm

Jul 14, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-08-2019
Not in bulk but they are issuing PPR as couple of friends are updating in other groups. Hopefully we’ll also receive that by year end as Christmas gift from IRCC :p.

Indeed meaningless to contact those agents. They have limited info abt our files as IRCC page says : ‘Our agents do not have access to more information about your case status or processing time than you can access online’.
M eagerly waiting for the PPR gift

Last edited:

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Hello, hope someone can help or may be in similar situation
Me and my wife recieved our COPR which was valid until March 17 2020. We could not travel as my wife was pregnant. After birth of my child, CIC opened my application again. We did the medical exam and I submitted additional documents for my child. This was completed back in Jan 2021. Since then I have not received anything update on my application. I raised webforms but no reply. Has anyone in similar situation recieved new COPR with child added?
Hi,

Somehow we're in similar situation. You can find further details in my signature.
Did you receive UE ?

BR

Jotemsi

Jul 5, 2019
NOC Code......
A
Visa application, tracking ID No. The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at Ghana OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center Ghana OC. Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email. </ P> Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC.

I received the above mail from VFS. Does it mean my passport has been stamped?

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Visa application, tracking ID No. The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at Ghana OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center Ghana OC. Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email. </ P> Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC.

Wow…. Such a positive update. Many many Congratulations :). You will be receiving the stamped passport & COPR soon...Yayyyyyy !!

Reactions: bhaskarm

Jotemsi

Jul 5, 2019
NOC Code......
A
Wow…. Such a positive update. Many many Congratulations :). You will be receiving the stamped passport & COPR soon...Yayyyyyy !!
Oh thank goodness! And thank you. Any idea the average timeline this leg of the process might take?

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Oh thank goodness! And thank you. Any idea the average timeline this leg of the process might take?
Accra VO seems so active and has been issuing so many PPR after some ease in travel restrictions. Generally it takes 2 week time but don`t know how long at the current situation. Don`t your VAC provide update in each step by mail or sms?

Reactions: bhaskarm

bhaskarm

Jul 14, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-08-2019

Congratulations! Something good to hear!!

Jotemsi

Jul 5, 2019
NOC Code......
A
Accra VO seems so active and has been issuing so many PPR after some ease in travel restrictions. Generally it takes 2 week time but don`t know how long at the current situation. Don`t your VAC provide update in each step by mail or sms?
I definitely hope they send it back quickly. I just got another mail from VFS:

Your application, tracking ID No. has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Ghana OC on Tue Nov 30 2021 and is in transit to the IRCC Office in Ghana OC for processing.

Now I'm wondering the timeline for this leg of the journey. And I'm not even sure if this means it's been stamped and they are in the process of returning it or that they are just sending it to be stamped.

Reactions: Wotsit and bhaskarm