1Humanity

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
25/01/2020
Hi
This question is regarding travel from south africa after regaining new copr. With the new omnicron variant and new travel restrictions in place what happens to the extended copr that will get expired soon? Will there be another extension
If i were you i would try to see if there's the possibility to transit through another country that does not have a ban on South Africa (you probably would need a negative PCR test) and from which you could go to Canada. If not feasible i think you should send an email/webform to IRCC informing them that you currently cannot travel due to new travel restrictions and ask for guidance. Wish you all the best!

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
This Omicron poses global risk and I fear more countries are going to start banning flights.
Sad but true. This variant seems to trigger many travel bans. My country already declared to impose restriction to 14 countries from tomorrow for a month.:(

Kassim213

Mar 31, 2020
Hello, hope someone can help or may be in similar situation
Me and my wife recieved our COPR which was valid until March 17 2020. We could not travel as my wife was pregnant. After birth of my child, CIC opened my application again. We did the medical exam and I submitted additional documents for my child. This was completed back in Jan 2021. Since then I have not received anything update on my application. I raised webforms but no reply. Has anyone in similar situation recieved new COPR with child added?

bhaskarm

Jul 14, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-08-2019
Hello folks,
I happened to speak with an IRCC agent inquiring status of my application post re-medicals. The agent said at present they are focusing only on priority cases. All other applicants will be receiving updates on the client accounts/profiles. I feel it’s pointless calling them anymore. Just continue the waiting game patiently!!!

Last edited:

Kassim213

Mar 31, 2020
Hello folks,
I happened to speak with an IRCC agent inquiring status of my application post re-medicals. The agent said at present they are focusing only on priority cases. All other applicants will be receiving updates on the client accounts/profiles. So I feel no point in calling them anymore. Just continue the waiting game patiently!!!
How long it has been for u

Feb 26, 2020
How long is it taking post the Medical Test ? I have mine scheduled on the 7th of Dec, couldn't find anything in my city or even state, so just curious to know the wait time !
With the holidays coming up, will things speed up OR Is it going to be 2020 all over again with the new strain ?

Annelize

Nov 29, 2021
Questions please:
I have till 18 Dec to activate my Permanent Residency in Canada, but with the flight ban for Southern Africa, my flight to Canada was booked for 4 December to activate PR status

1. I cannot fly and there is virtually no country that we can stop in for 14 days before travelling to Canada that currently will allow us to do a stopover, how do I go about to have my date extended on my COPR as I had every intention to be in Canada before the expiration date and the covid flight ban was not foreseen by myself or orchestrated by myself.

2. I have a 10 year multi entry visa in my passport as well as the Immigrant visa in my passport, would I be able to visit my daughter on my 10 year visa while waiting for my COPR to be extended, we have not seen each other in 3 years

Reactions: silverlinings

Rowsp

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Hello folks,
I happened to speak with an IRCC agent inquiring status of my application post re-medicals. The agent said at present they are focusing only on priority cases. All other applicants will be receiving updates on the client accounts/profiles. I feel it’s pointless calling them anymore. Just continue the waiting game patiently!!!
Hi,
Were you able to ask them what cases are classified as priority?

Reactions: Tiaraxx