+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
@RKM20 @canadawaiting @CNP @idhar_chicha @Sahilvee @dhruv_delhi @DixvilleNotch

Thank you guys for your suggestion.
I dropped a reply yesterday on the same email (DO you still want to Immigrate?).
I mentioned that my medicals were completed and updated in the system on 8th June, 2021 & I guess they woke up.

I have received a Request Letter in the name of Primary applicant and not for the spouse.
Also I see a passport upload link only for the Primary applicant.
Should I wait again on should I raise a webform/email to inform them that they haven't given Request letter for spouse/dependent.

Thanks in Advance,
:)
Sir, I would really like to thank you for writing this post.
I too had previously sent a reply at the email asking for my remedical request to be sent to me but it didn’t work. I was then sending webforms to try to expedite the remedical request, but was getting very generic replies.
After reading your post, I thought about trying again by replying to the email, and by god’s grace, it worked. I JUST received my remedical request (had been waiting since April) and I would like to thank you for sharing your experience. I had given up on expecting a reply, but I guess miracles do happen haha.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon hey i have a query. i am planning to visit my in-laws in South africa. If i get a request for PPR , Can i submit my passport to High commission of Canada in Pretoria?.or is it has to be through the office in New Delhi?
You will have to request IRCC to send you the instructions to submit your passport at South Africa. It can take 1-3 weeks and also after you submit, it may take 1-5 weeks for the passport to be returned. So make sure that you intend being there for this long.

100perpur

May 31, 2019
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hello Everyone, seeking all your expert advice in my case. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My COPR was issued before Mar 18 2020. But it expired in June 2020. After my expiry I tried contacting IRCC Couple of times in the month of MAY, September informing my ability not to travel.

I have been checking Canada PR program website quite some time now. At one point of time they mentioned only applicants who are willing to settle completely as Canadian PR Are welcome couldn't travel at that time as IRCC Requested many documents which are not with me. Now I they mentioned IRCC will start contacting applicants with Expired COPR. But in my case I haven't received any email. Totally confused.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

At this point I am scared if my COPR Is cancelled or is it valid. I also saw Canadian borders are going to be opened by mid of august. Please let me know what can do in this phase to re initiate my COPR.

Tried Contacting IRCC On phone multiple time all I hear is " Call cant be completed due to high volume"

ANY HELP IS GREATLY A{{RECIATED. THANKS TO EVERYONE IN THIS GROUP IN ADVANCE.
I am in the same boat. COPR approved Pre-March 2020. Expired Sep 2020. Still waiting for the email. Should I go ahead and start a Webform request?

Reactions: gokw

mgodara

Apr 8, 2019
Hello All,

This community has been very supportive and helpful. Just wanted to update you all that I've recently successfully completed my landing in Canada. I flew from SFO - YVR, immigration part was super smooth and literally it took less than 10 minutes end-to-end. VO asked no question other than the address we're moving in.

Please feel free to ask any specific questions you guys have. Good luck to everyone.

amarneo

Jan 31, 2021
Can anyone help me out, i have received the PPR but it is only one letter in the name of the primary applicant. Do we just attach the same letter (in the name of the primary applicant) when we dispatch the dependent's passport in a separate package as well? Or do we send both passport's in the same packaging with only one letter? Also, do we leave page 4 of the consent form blank (biometrics, since we have already given ours) ??

Any help would be appreciated @CNP @legalfalcon @idhar_chicha

JagjyotSingh

Star Member
Mar 30, 2020
Sir, I would really like to thank you for writing this post.
I too had previously sent a reply at the email asking for my remedical request to be sent to me but it didn’t work. I was then sending webforms to try to expedite the remedical request, but was getting very generic replies.
After reading your post, I thought about trying again by replying to the email, and by god’s grace, it worked. I JUST received my remedical request (had been waiting since April) and I would like to thank you for sharing your experience. I had given up on expecting a reply, but I guess miracles do happen haha.
@InterstellarImmigrant I'm glad that it helped you out. All the credit goes to the great members of this forum who have helped me one way or another.
Also, when your medical results are updated in your GC key account, do send another email and let them know that you've completed your medicals and you should get the request letter after that.
All the best !

JagjyotSingh

Star Member
Mar 30, 2020
Can anyone help me out, i have received the PPR but it is only one letter in the name of the primary applicant. Do we just attach the same letter (in the name of the primary applicant) when we dispatch the dependent's passport in a separate package as well? Or do we send both passport's in the same packaging with only one letter? Also, do we leave page 4 of the consent form blank (biometrics, since we have already given ours) ??

Any help would be appreciated @CNP @legalfalcon @idhar_chicha
@amarneo I also got one letter in the name of Primary applicant. You can attach the same letter in the Dependent's package (different package for both Primary & Dependent, since you'll be raising 2 webforms). I believe VFS will do the sorting as both the Primary & Dependent have the same Application number. So don't worry, go ahead.
I have left Page 3 of the Consent letter blank as suggested by the other members of this group.
on Page 4, I have signed the NOT wishing to provide, since Biometrics have a validity of 10 years and we've given them already before PPR1.

Hope this helps.

amarneo

Jan 31, 2021
@amarneo I also got one letter in the name of Primary applicant. You can attach the same letter in the Dependent's package (different package for both Primary & Dependent, since you'll be raising 2 webforms). I believe VFS will do the sorting as both the Primary & Dependent have the same Application number. So don't worry, go ahead.
I have left Page 3 of the Consent letter blank as suggested by the other members of this group.
on Page 4, I have signed the NOT wishing to provide, since Biometrics have a validity of 10 years and we've given them already before PPR1.

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much @JagjyotSingh ! I had been holding off on raising the webform waiting for clarity on these points. Much appreciated! :)

Reactions: JagjyotSingh

Sahilvee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Guys once we get copr, what are the travelling options for copr holders , is mexico an option or we will need Mexico visa to pass through? pR card holders can travel via Mexico but what about copr holders only ? Any idea
If you have US or Canada visa on your passport(which we will have) you don’t need Mexico visa.So after stamping on our passport ,we are good to go Mexico.
There are other options also via Europe by getting transit visa.

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020

Hope this helps.
That's correct, you will receive only 1 letter on the primary applicant. You can use that for the dependents as well. The Application number mentioned on the PPR is the same for everyone in the family.

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Guys once we get copr, what are the travelling options for copr holders , is mexico an option or we will need Mexico visa to pass through? pR card holders can travel via Mexico but what about copr holders only ? Any idea
Travel plans are being discussed in this thread - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-ppr-2021-moving-to-canada-2021-2022.739100/page-2#post-9569729

Let's keep the conversations on this one related to CoPRs and expired CoPRs especially since we have many amongst us who are behind in the process for no fault of theirs.

sr.nadar

Jun 1, 2019

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hello All,

This community has been very supportive and helpful. Just wanted to update you all that I've recently successfully completed my landing in Canada. I flew from SFO - YVR, immigration part was super smooth and literally it took less than 10 minutes end-to-end. VO asked no question other than the address we're moving in.

Please feel free to ask any specific questions you guys have. Good luck to everyone.
if you could share your process timeline, would be much appreciated.

Reactions: bhaskarm