+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post PPR 2021 - Moving To Canada - 2021 / 2022

Saira443

Jan 27, 2019
Also since it is PPR 2 what have you filled in biometric consent.. wishing to provide biometrics or not wishing. Thanks

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
This is very useful.

Transit hotel is brilliant. No visa needed. Just have a layover of 36 hours so that we get the covid test on time.
Even I like the transit hotel idea at Zurich.

I have an open ticket from BA so would use London Heathrow. But if the 3rd country rule still persists, then I will rather use this route.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Even I like the transit hotel idea at Zurich.

I have an open ticket from BA so would use London Heathrow. But if the 3rd country rule still persists, then I will rather use this route.
Just fyi, cant board a flight from india to lhr rn unless you are uk national or exempted.

sr.nadar

Jun 1, 2019
You can apparently stay in the transit hotel which is within the terminal for 24hrs or less. So you are technically not stepping out and passing through immigration.
24 hours would be touch and go for the test no? - just like she had mentioned in the post. So the layover cannot be more than 24 hours without visa?

sr.nadar

Jun 1, 2019
BTW i pinged that Lizy Thomas on her whatsapp - Is she like a travel agent we contact or just her friend whose number she posted on facebook! :D

sr.nadar

Jun 1, 2019
Dear All,

what is this 3rd country rule?
In short it’s as follows:

Canada has a direct flight ban from India till Aug 21st. Most likely they will extend it further.
But they have allowed us to transit through a third country. All they need is a negative covid test from the transit country.

Visa and quarantine requirements for Indian travellers at the third country is not their headache. So it’s up to us to find a third country that actually lets Indians land and take a test and move on to Canada without a visa or with visa on arrival and more importantly without making us quarantine for 14 days.

Haydi

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Got
In short it’s as follows:

Canada has a direct flight ban from India till Aug 21st. Most likely they will extend it further.
But they have allowed us to transit through a third country. All they need is a negative covid test from the transit country.

Visa and quarantine requirements for Indian travellers at the third country is not their headache. So it’s up to us to find a third country that actually lets Indians land and take a test and move on to Canada without a visa or with visa on arrival and more importantly without making us quarantine for 14 days.
got it, thanks a lot for your prompt response.

Reactions: canadawaiting

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Are there people like me following this thread who are going to go to canada and then look for jobs?
Im in Finance, and I'd love to hear if anyone has opinions on where and when should we land..... ive heard November - December is usually an off-season, from the hiring perspective

Reactions: AMM26