+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post PPR 2021 - Moving To Canada - 2021 / 2022

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hi Guys,

For all those who received their PPRs (PPR-1 or PPR2) and are in the process of getting their Passports stamped with the COPR / Already issued COPRs -

This thread is for all those who are planning to move in Canada from August / September 2021
We can discuss various issues such as Flight booking, stay etc.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Hi there, thanks for creating this. I'm planning to leave asap after i get my documents. I'm fully vaccinated with covishield and plan to transit through Qatar (they have visa on arrival for indian nationals) and then head to Canada. Let me know if anyone else has similar plans or similar options.

sr.nadar

Jun 1, 2019
Hello everyone,I will be travelling to Canada in September. Mexico, Serbia, Qatar are options.
I am guessing a few factors to be considered before choosing a transit country would be:
- Do they allow Indians? (vaccination condition as well)
- Do we need a visa for staying over a couple of days waiting for a negative test?
- Do they have easy visa or visa on arrival for Indians?
- Do they have quarantine requirements (preferably short or none)?
- Finally do they have a direct flight to Canada?

I am planning to discuss around the above points with the agent whenever I get a chance. Do let me know if we need to assess anything else.

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
I am guessing a few factors to be considered before choosing a transit country would be:
- Do they allow Indians? (vaccination condition as well)
- Do we need a visa for staying over a couple of days waiting for a negative test?
- Do they have easy visa or visa on arrival for Indians?
- Do they have quarantine requirements (preferably short or none)?
- Finally do they have a direct flight to Canada?

I am planning to discuss around the above points with the agent whenever I get a chance. Do let me know if we need to assess anything else.
As of today, the countries that you can transit and get a PCR test are:

ETHIOPIA, MEXICO, RUSSIA, OMAN, MALDIVES, SERBIA, ALBANIA, SOUTH AFRICA, SWITZERLAND, UKRAINE, TURKEY, GERMANY

sr.nadar

Jun 1, 2019
As of today, the countries that you can transit and get a PCR test are:

ETHIOPIA, MEXICO, RUSSIA, OMAN, MALDIVES, SERBIA, ALBANIA, SOUTH AFRICA, SWITZERLAND, UKRAINE, TURKEY, GERMANY
Also Qatar seems to be allowing fully vaccinated Indians without quarantine. They say they are waiving off the visa for 30 days if you have return/onward ticket and accommodation booking.

BTW - Do any of the above you mentioned enforce quarantines while you are waiting for the test results?

Also - I spoke to the agent.. She was saying some of these bigger agents like Akbar travels are trying to mass book flights for clients through the appropriate transit points. She will get back to me with options. But again she said it is not a 100% shot. Sometimes flights do get cancelled since guidelines keep changing. This is honestly not my first option.

Anyway - what is the vaccination status of you folks. I had gotten only one of my doses yet. Most countries have regulations around not allowing partly vaccinated folks (i mean the transit countries). Good to get both doses done and have a 14 day window.

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Also Qatar seems to be allowing fully vaccinated Indians without quarantine. They say they are waiving off the visa for 30 days if you have return/onward ticket and accommodation booking.

BTW - Do any of the above you mentioned enforce quarantines while you are waiting for the test results?

Also - I spoke to the agent.. She was saying some of these bigger agents like Akbar travels are trying to mass book flights for clients through the appropriate transit points. She will get back to me with options. But again she said it is not a 100% shot. Sometimes flights do get cancelled since guidelines keep changing. This is honestly not my first option.

Anyway - what is the vaccination status of you folks. I had gotten only one of my doses yet. Most countries have regulations around not allowing partly vaccinated folks (i mean the transit countries). Good to get both doses done and have a 14 day window.
I just read this on the FB group. Someone went from Hyd to Montreal via Doha and Zurich.

-----
Firstly, Thanks to Gibson for posting about Zurich route.
My Dad (Visitor visa) and I (Canadian Citizen) landed successfully in Montreal today via same route. Both of us are not vaccinated and stayed at Zurich Transit Hotel during the layover.
This route is cheaper and shorter compared to other suggestable routes. It cost me $1750 from Hyderabad to Montreal.
--- Indian passport holders can stay in transit area with no additional visa required. Same applies for non-vaccinated Canadian Citizens.
--- If you are a Vaccinated Canadian citizen this the best route for you.
We took help from Lizy Thomas +14035904472 to book tickets under one PNR. She is available on Whatsapp at
+1 (403) 690-3488
Reason for 1 PNR is that we don't need to re-checkin our baggage - meaning you don't need to go through immigration process which requires a valid visa and vaccination certificates.
Suggestions if anyone planning to take this route:
1. Carry sufficient food with you for the stay at Zurich. All hotels in the terminal were closed by 5pm.
2. Be prepared to wait for the results until 1hour before your departure to Montreal.
Our flight was at 12:50pm at got results at 11:30 am. We were tensed but made it.
3. Carry all the required documents. Couple of folks had issues at Zurich departure to Montreal for not Carying few documents.
One lady was stranded there at airport due to some issue with documentation.
-----

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020

I have been vaccinated once and with COVIDSHIELD. Will get the 2nd shot after I get the VISA.

sr.nadar

Jun 1, 2019
I have been vaccinated once and with COVIDSHIELD. Will get the 2nd shot after I get the VISA.
Are the centers asking for visa? I heard they are asking for employment offer for sure.

Here is the tweet by BMC

I am going to go to one of the centers to check what they need. Seems like it is walk in for people with student visa and job offers. Will update more when I have more info

Reactions: K&K

sr.nadar

Jun 1, 2019
I just read this on the FB group. Someone went from Hyd to Montreal via Doha and Zurich.

-----
Firstly, Thanks to Gibson for posting about Zurich route.
My Dad (Visitor visa) and I (Canadian Citizen) landed successfully in Montreal today via same route. Both of us are not vaccinated and stayed at Zurich Transit Hotel during the layover.
This route is cheaper and shorter compared to other suggestable routes. It cost me $1750 from Hyderabad to Montreal.
--- Indian passport holders can stay in transit area with no additional visa required. Same applies for non-vaccinated Canadian Citizens.
--- If you are a Vaccinated Canadian citizen this the best route for you.
We took help from Lizy Thomas +14035904472 to book tickets under one PNR. She is available on Whatsapp at
+1 (403) 690-3488
Reason for 1 PNR is that we don't need to re-checkin our baggage - meaning you don't need to go through immigration process which requires a valid visa and vaccination certificates.
Suggestions if anyone planning to take this route:
1. Carry sufficient food with you for the stay at Zurich. All hotels in the terminal were closed by 5pm.
2. Be prepared to wait for the results until 1hour before your departure to Montreal.
Our flight was at 12:50pm at got results at 11:30 am. We were tensed but made it.
3. Carry all the required documents. Couple of folks had issues at Zurich departure to Montreal for not Carying few documents.
One lady was stranded there at airport due to some issue with documentation.
-----
This is very useful.

Transit hotel is brilliant. No visa needed. Just have a layover of 36 hours so that we get the covid test on time.

Reactions: idhar_chicha

Saira443

Jan 27, 2019
Consent form page 3, Declaration to be signed only if applicant is assisted by CVAC staff with electronic application form...Do we have to sign it or leave it blank?