+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Apart from waiting for passport submission services to open and watching Euro 2020, any thing else we can do ? @pavie24 @Fmegha86 @Sahilvee @idhar_chicha @Jpsingh77
not really ....oh yes and keep of refreshing twitter page to just see if they suddenly announce passport submissions are now open.... I think something should come on Friday from them let’s hope foe the best

leoMessi927

May 13, 2019
Anyone here who is staying in US and is pre March 18. Have you received request to submit passport and if so, where have you been asked to send your passport.

annguyen

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
I believe that this strongly depends on your visa office and its capacity to process renewals. Central intake issues a request for renewal (after re-examining your case, expired meds, pcc...) and dispatches the request to the relevant visa office which sends out your ppr down the line knowing that the office has capacity to issue you a new counterfoil and COPR doc. Eitherway, they mentioned that they are almost done with pre Mar 18 COPRs and there are 23,000 post Mar 18 COPR with expired, expiring or valid dates. I also hope that the wait is not too much.
hi, fyi, I sent an email to visa office which issued my first visa yesterday and they said that my application is not responsible by their office, asked me to raise a webform for IRCC. It means waiting time starts again....

Reactions: tahonghaiha

kanugln3

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
They are almost done with pre-March 18 COPRs? I do not think so my friend, I am a pre-march and was asked to do re-meds in January 2021. The medicals are shown as passed on the application but there has been dead silence from IRCC since. I have lost the number of times I have asked them for help but no one bats an eye at their offices. It's been 15 months of agonizing mental torture and I can't be the only one in this pickle. Living a life in limbo. Hope they wake up from their sleep and start doing some work actually. I feels as if it's a punishment that my COPR was approved before March 18 so will have to wait more and more and more.
Hey if you are from India, they may be waiting for 2 way passport service to start before they send you message asking you to submit your passport for new COPR AND PRV. I was in India, but moved to Singapore 6 months back. In may I got remed and new Pcc request and I submitted both. I got new a new ready for visa document through my IRCC online account. I submitted my passport and got my visa stamped with new PRV and COPR. You should get the same when Canada high commission in India starts the 2 way courier service for passport stamping.

Reactions: sh221b

cemrocks

Feb 23, 2020
Please check the latest COVID guidelines to travel to Canada . You possibly require a negative COVID report, Certification if you got your vaccination done (for details check cic website).
As far as your documents are concerned . You need a landing paper (COPR), passport , address where you going to be staying at as they will ask you to send your PR card, details of how much amount you are bringing to Canada ( cash or traveller cheque please disclose everything). They might ask you few questions like which province you are going to ? How long you gonna stay in Canada - Better to answer forever.
Are you single or married ?
TIP-:
Apply for your SIN number at the airport.
Thanks
Thanks for clarifying

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Apart from waiting for passport submission services to open and watching Euro 2020, any thing else we can do ? @pavie24 @Fmegha86 @Sahilvee @idhar_chicha @Jpsingh77
  1. There are couple of documents you need to print and be ready when the 2-way courier reopens. Print and have those ready along with the packages.
  2. And keep watching skyscanner for possible flight tickets.
  3. Also review this FB group for possible flight routes to Canada - Canadians Stranded in India

More details on this thread for VFS 2-way courier: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-way-courier-services-vfs-new-delhi-india.713205/

List of documents required for 2-way package:
1. Passport
2. 2 Photos: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
3. VFS Consent form: you can download from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J8id18P2lqU0BjcEA5nVKTEn8ENwRbF5/view?usp=sharing
4. VFS SMS/Courier return form: you can download from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MACAp6gOGGL6IPlM4LGtmq7JmLGI2Z-V/view?usp=sharing
5. Passport transmission letter for all applicants for who service has been booked & paid for. (AWB # Email)
6. Passport Request Email from New Delhi VO
7. Any other document if New Delhi VO requested with your PPR.

Did I say the wait is agonizing.... wish we get our passports stamped by the time Euro's are done.... Shocking from France and Portugal though.

Last edited:

cemrocks

Feb 23, 2020
May I ask if your CoPR also has a watermark " not valid for travel " due to the restrictions in place at the time of issuing it?
Correct. mine was issued in Nov 2020 during the time when traveling restrictions were still effective

everbliss

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
Hi,
For those who have already received the re-medical request, can I ask what exactly does the message from IRCC contain? Does IRCC send a IMM 1017E form, or does the message/email simply say “please provide us with an updated medical exam”, or does only the status change in the profile from “You do not need a medical exam” to “Please provide us with a new medical exam”?
In my communication with IRCC, I think I am not being accurate enough as to what I need from them to initiate my re-medical.
Yes, the re-medical request appears as a message on your application page with the IMM 10171E form.
The current status on the application shows as "Your action is required".

everbliss

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
before you received the medical, was there any change in you CIC account? Like from approved to being processed?
Yes, the application had changed from being approved to "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you".
It still shows the same even after submitting the medical form.

jtsalehi

May 17, 2020
Guys (pre march)who go remed requests and have submitted their passports after passing medicals. May I know how much you have before your visa or CoPR expires? Last time I had like 4 months. I am about to submit my passport and wanted to know the time we get once visa is issued.

Thank you.

RKM20

Apr 23, 2020
Hi @RKM20, did you get a reply or an automated message after sending the webform about the VACs being closed? I sent mine last week, but no email or profile updates yet.
Hi @DixvilleNotch, I’m yet to get a response to my web form. I had selected inside Canada, as I was asked to communicate with CPC-Ottawa.

Also, I didn’t get an automated acknowledgment, only a success message on the page upon submission.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
  1. There are couple of documents you need to print and be ready when the 2-way courier reopens. Print and have those ready along with the packages.
  2. And keep watching skyscanner for possible flight tickets.
  3. Also review this FB group for possible flight routes to Canada - Canadians Stranded in India

More details on this thread for VFS 2-way courier: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-way-courier-services-vfs-new-delhi-india.713205/

List of documents required for 2-way package:
1. Passport
2. 2 Photos: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
3. VFS Consent form: you can download from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J8id18P2lqU0BjcEA5nVKTEn8ENwRbF5/view?usp=sharing
4. VFS SMS/Courier return form: you can download from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MACAp6gOGGL6IPlM4LGtmq7JmLGI2Z-V/view?usp=sharing
5. Passport transmission letter for all applicants for who service has been booked & paid for. (AWB # Email)
6. Passport Request Email from New Delhi VO
7. Any other document if New Delhi VO requested with your PPR.

Did I say the wait is agonizing.... wish we get our passports stamped by the time Euro's are done.... Shocking from France and Portugal though.
Very well articulated :). Also a reminder for all with PPRs. Over to either Italy OR Belguim. Spain seems to be on song too.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Hi @DixvilleNotch, I’m yet to get a response to my web form. I had selected inside Canada, as I was asked to communicate with CPC-Ottawa.

Also, I didn’t get an automated acknowledgment, only a success message on the page upon submission.
okay, same here. i just got the success message and no other reply. mine is cpc-ottawa too.

Reactions: RKM20