+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hi,
I have a question about upfront medicals. I am from India and am yet to receive my re-medical request to renew my COPR.
IRCC’s website says the following:

Do not do an up-front medical exam. If you need a new medical, we’ll send you new instruction forms to take with you to the doctor after you reply to our email. This will help avoid processing delays.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired

However, the Canadian embassy has been tweeting about upfront medicals now being open.
As of June 29th, 2021, Panel Physicians across the country will resume upfront medical exams. Please note that the current pandemic has put additional strain on physicians/radiologist and we ask for your patience and understanding trying to schedule an appointment.

Could it be that the IRCC website states “don’t do an upfront medical exam” as a general rule for everyone whereas countries can have different rules depending on their local situation? Should I go ahead and book an upfront medical examination since IRCC hasn’t sent me the medical request yet?

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hi all, I just received my PPR. I must send a copy of my passeport + two photos by mail to the VO.

Do we know how long it takes for them to issue the COPR once they receive the documents?

Reactions: Titanium

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi,
I have a question about upfront medicals. I am from India and am yet to receive my re-medical request to renew my COPR.
IRCC’s website says the following:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired

However, the Canadian embassy has been tweeting about upfront medicals now being open.

Could it be that the IRCC website states “don’t do an upfront medical exam” as a general rule for everyone whereas countries can have different rules depending on their local situation? Should I go ahead and book an upfront medical examination since IRCC hasn’t sent me the medical request yet?
Upfront medicals is for those who have received ITAs. It was suspended for a while in India and will resume shortly

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
Hi all, I just received my PPR. I must send a copy of my passeport + two photos by mail to the VO.

Do we know how long it takes for them to issue the COPR once they receive the documents?
Congratulations.. your visa office ???? And have you received PPR for the first time?

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Upfront medicals is for those who have received ITAs. It was suspended for a while in India and will resume shortly
Oh, I see.
Thank you for your response.
But if upfront medicals have opened up for those with ITAs, any idea why would they ask expired COPR holders to refrain from going ahead with the same? Perhaps they might address this in the coming weeks?

MFA2020

Sep 9, 2020
Basically, waiting games continues again. Need to wait for mail then re-medical then re-send passport for visa. Hopefully another 6 months to 1 year time. At least, expired COPR holders got a hope now. If anyone (Post March 18th 2020) receive email then do please kindly update.
My COPR & PRV was also issued in Nov-2020 and expired in Jan-2021 but no update since then at all !

Reactions: Wotsit

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
My COPR & PRV was also issued in Nov-2020 and expired in Jan-2021 but no update since then at all !
Mine were issued October 2020 and expired February 2021.
Hoping to hear that post March expired COPR holders start recieving emails soon.

Any news would be welcome.

• Love
Reactions: tahonghaiha

gokw

Jun 30, 2021
Oh, I see.
Thank you for your response.
But if upfront medicals have opened up for those with ITAs, any idea why would they ask expired COPR holders to refrain from going ahead with the same? Perhaps they might address this in the coming weeks?
Hi, I had my CoPR approved before March 18, 2019, but haven't received the "Still Interested In Immigrating" email by IRCC to date. My Account hasn't been updated at all. I have contacted them via a web form, but wanted to know whether we need to reply to the email before the account gets updated. I hope I haven't missed the email through spam.

Anyone pre-March 18 in the same boat?

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines
Hi Everyone, just want to ask, can we use our POF since we are already approved, due to urgent and emergency matters i need money..and just get it back once you land in canada?

Thanks!

Ann Mendez

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi all
Can anyone please clarify that while submitting the passports do we have to submit our height and eye color in separate letters or all together in one as we are a family of 4. Pls some one guide me