+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

KSAimmCan

Oct 6, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi All,

I received the 'Are you able to travel...' email yesterday (i think here its referred to as the 7pt email).

I had a question about the following point IRCC would like to confirm.

"- There is a travel route with zero or one transfer that you can use to get to Canada and that is currently operating"

I intend to travel from Hyderabad, IN to Calgary and I can't find any flight plan with 0 or 1 transfer. Best case scenario is atleast 1 international transfer and 1 domestic transfer, totalling to 2 transfers.

If i confirm my readiness in my reply, is there a chance my extension might be rejected based on this point.

Your help and advise is appreciated. Thx

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Do we still need an AL? Please enlighten me

Expired COPR and PRV
IRCC may have contacted applicants or will contact them to ask them if they are able to travel to Canada now to live and settle here. Once they are approved to come to Canada, officers will issue the applicants the documents they need to travel. Applicants should not be reaching out to IRCC.

Travelling from any country other than the US (group 3)
If the COPR and PRV were issued on or before March 18, 2020 but are now expired, the applicant

• is exempt from the travel restrictions
  • can travel to Canada for non-discretionary reasons with the COPR and PRV in order to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident and
  • must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada
Applicants must check the issue date in the Application Details section of their COPR to see if this applies to them.

Reactions: Rajdeep kaur 92

Obamayang

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Hi All,

I received the 'Are you able to travel...' email yesterday (i think here its referred to as the 7pt email).

"- There is a travel route with zero or one transfer that you can use to get to Canada and that is currently operating"

I intend to travel from Hyderabad, IN to Calgary and I can't find any flight plan with 0 or 1 transfer. Best case scenario is atleast 1 international transfer and 1 domestic transfer, totalling to 2 transfers.

If i confirm my readiness in my reply, is there a chance my extension might be rejected based on this point.

Can you share when you got your copr?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi All,

This question is only asking about transfer between India and Canada. Do not include domestic travel.

Reactions: hinavin

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Just wait for instructions from IRCC. If you have a reason to travel e.g. a job offer, family reunification or something then raise a webform. Yes, after 23rd Dec 2020 they have changed the rule for ready to travel webform. Now they are gonna contact the CoPR holders for their readiness to travel.

Regarding webforms you will receive generic responses as they are handled by IRCC agents and not by the review officer. When your application is accessed then you will start noticing the movement regarding your CoPR extension.
Does this mean we just wait for them to contact us? Isnt that a huge number of CoPr holders they need to contact. I presume right now they are clearing the expired Copr.
In the waiting our Copr could get expired.
Is it advisable to raise a webform, just to keep the request officially recorded?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India

Expired COPR and PRV
IRCC may have contacted applicants or will contact them to ask them if they are able to travel to Canada now to live and settle here. Once they are approved to come to Canada, officers will issue the applicants the documents they need to travel. Applicants should not be reaching out to IRCC.

If the COPR and PRV were issued on or before March 18, 2020 but are now expired, the applicant

• can travel to Canada for non-discretionary reasons with the COPR and PRV in order to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident and
Applicants must check the issue date in the Application Details section of their COPR to see if this applies to them.
I do not think so. It says "travel documents will be issued".

Last edited:

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Does this mean we just wait for them to contact us? Isnt that a huge number of CoPr holders they need to contact. I presume right now they are clearing the expired Copr.
In the waiting our Copr could get expired.
Is it advisable to raise a webform, just to keep the request officially recorded?
As per new guidelines they are gonna contact you when you will be approved to come to Canada. Yes, you can raise but it seems that they might not look into the webforms from now on. If you have something to add in your application then you can raise the webform.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

sundeepk

Aug 3, 2019
As per new guidelines they are gonna contact you when you will be approved to come to Canada. Yes, you can raise but it seems that they might not look into the webforms from now on. If you have something to add in your application then you can raise the webform.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html
This link doesn’t say anything about the people who got their COPR and PRV after march 18,2020 .

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I do not think so. It says "travel documents will be issued".
Agree here, still need AL or new COPR. It just tells that applicants with expired COPR , no longer have to raise RTT webform, rather IRCC is contacting such applicants upfront.

Reactions: crackMBA

EESH

Apr 16, 2019
Hi all, my COPR was from before 18 MAR, and I did not travel due to COVID.
I received the “7 point email” in December, but did not respond to it because I could not travel on such short notice (it was explicitly mention to ONLY reply if I am sure I can come to Canada soon)

Anyone else who did not respond and chose to wait? I’d expect them to contact us again somewhere next year, but who knows...

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019

Expired COPR and PRV

No idea.. and as for enlightenment here you go

Kidding.. let us know your situation.. which group you fall into.. I don't want to assume you are from group 3 because you pasted some text from IRCC's site..

Noukie’s

Dec 17, 2019

@whyCorona,
If I raise a webform to inform IRCC to allow us to travel as we have a job offer (listed as essential service), does it mean they no longer look into webform for expired CoPR issued after Mar18, 2020?

Or should I only write to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to request for travel exemption and CoPR extension? Our CoPR has just expired last weekend.