+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

nedaa

Oct 20, 2018
Dear all, my application is finalized and I just wanted to share my timeline with you in case it may help someone as I used your experiences and timelines a lot. I think now it's my turn to share my timeline with you..so , here it is..
AOR : 4 Feb 2020
OINP-Outland
Country of residence : Iran
Medical : 14 Feb 2020
Biometrics : 26 Feb 2020
Background check : 6 May 2020
Additional doc about Funds: 2 Sep 2020
Review of eligibility : 23 Dec 2020
Passport Request : 4 Nov 2020
Visa Counterfoil expiry: 27 Oct 2021
Copr expiry : 27 Oct 2021
Passport and Copr received 6 Jan 2021
I have also received a letter with my passport saying it is not possible to travel to Canada now because my copr is issued after 18 March 2020 and that I have to wait and monitor travel restrictions until they are lifted so I can do my landing.
Hope everyone get what they're waiting for soon..

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
@whyCorona,
If I raise a webform to inform IRCC to allow us to travel as we have a job offer (listed as essential service), does it mean they no longer look into webform for expired CoPR issued after Mar18, 2020?

Or should I only write to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to request for travel exemption and CoPR extension? Our CoPR has just expired last weekend.
Please refer to any latest trends regarding your case. You can write and attach your job offer to get an exemption but they have tighten the rules regarding travelling as Canada is suffering for 2nd wave of CoVID.

Good news is that you are way ahead in the queue for AL or CoPR extension as your CoPR is expired already.

KSAimmCan

Oct 6, 2020
Category........
FSW
This question is only asking about transfer between India and Canada. Do not include domestic travel.
I see. Thanks for your reply.

In any case, I think I will change my destination to Toronto instead of Calgary just to avoid any potential doubts. Theres a one stop flight operated by Qatar Airways from Hyd to Toronto.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I see. Thanks for your reply.

In any case, I think I will change my destination to Toronto instead of Calgary just to avoid any potential doubts. Theres a one stop flight operated by Qatar Airways from Hyd to Toronto.
You don't need to do it for connecting flights within Canada. Mention the direct flight from India and it could be Hyd to Delhi and then to toronto and then Calgary. You are just limiting yourself to one flight operator. There are other bigger things to worry about these days i.e. solid quarantine plan which they will review for sure based on latest changes after UK's new strain of virus.

Obamayang

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Question to experts in the group:

Got my copr on 31st Dec and valid till 31/5/21.

But since my son was born during the process of our application in 2019 he was added only in March 2020 and his medical is valid till 31/3/21.
But his visa which got issued this week is valid only till 8/3/21

Can I expect to be able to travel by Feb - March or will the copr end up expiring.

Any response will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
Hi all, my COPR was from before 18 MAR, and I did not travel due to COVID.
I received the “7 point email” in December, but did not respond to it because I could not travel on such short notice (it was explicitly mention to ONLY reply if I am sure I can come to Canada soon)

Anyone else who did not respond and chose to wait? I’d expect them to contact us again somewhere next year, but who knows...
I also received it in late Dec. I wasn't ready but I replied to tell them i will only travel if I can't get further extension. I only replied on 2nd Jan so still waiting for their response. Will update if I hear anything.

The annoying part of the email is that they didn't provide assurance for those who are not ready with an alternative option. It's all very unclear...

sundeepk

Aug 3, 2019
Dear all, my application is finalized and I just wanted to share my timeline with you in case it may help someone as I used your experiences and timelines a lot. I think now it's my turn to share my timeline with you..so , here it is..
AOR : 4 Feb 2020
OINP-Outland
Country of residence : Iran
Medical : 14 Feb 2020
Biometrics : 26 Feb 2020
Background check : 6 May 2020
Additional doc about Funds: 2 Sep 2020
Review of eligibility : 23 Dec 2020
Passport Request : 4 Nov 2020
Visa Counterfoil expiry: 27 Oct 2021
Copr expiry : 27 Oct 2021
Passport and Copr received 6 Jan 2021
I have also received a letter with my passport saying it is not possible to travel to Canada now because my copr is issued after 18 March 2020 and that I have to wait and monitor travel restrictions until they are lifted so I can do my landing.
Hope everyone get what they're waiting for soon..
Congrats buddy it’s the same letter for me too

Reactions: nedaa

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
Question to experts in the group:

Got my copr on 31st Dec and valid till 31/5/21.

But since my son was born during the process of our application in 2019 he was added only in March 2020 and his medical is valid till 31/3/21.
But his visa which got issued this week is valid only till 8/3/21

Can I expect to be able to travel by Feb - March or will the copr end up expiring.

Any response will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Not sure if your COPR was approved on 31 Dec 2020 or 2019. If 2020 then I don't think you can travel either way. Only COPR approved before 18 March 2020 has the possibility to travel.

EESH

Apr 16, 2019
I also received it in late Dec. I wasn't ready but I replied to tell them i will only travel if I can't get further extension. I only replied on 2nd Jan so still waiting for their response. Will update if I hear anything.

The annoying part of the email is that they didn't provide assurance for those who are not ready with an alternative option. It's all very unclear...
Good to hear someone’s still in the same boat. Let’s see if they will reply you anything, would be great if you could share it later...

That was also my concern, that they did not say anything about those who cannot travel. But finally, my understanding of the communications was that it-can be extended, but that we need to take another medical exam to get the extension.
Back in the waiting game :cool:

Reactions: Titanium

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Good to hear someone’s still in the same boat. Let’s see if they will reply you anything, would be great if you could share it later...

That was also my concern, that they did not say anything about those who cannot travel. But finally, my understanding of the communications was that it-can be extended, but that we need to take another medical exam to get the extension.
Back in the waiting game :cool:
Many in the same maze, going in circles.
Honestly, I dont mind remedicals or tests, provided I get clarity for the same.

Reactions: EESH