+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

EESH

Apr 16, 2019
“Visitors, students and workers whose valid temporary status expired, or expires, between January 30, 2020 and May 31, 2021 will have until August 31, 2021, to restore their status. ”

This is what IRCC recently published about temporary residents.

Such a clear statement would be greatly appreciated for COPR, possibly they are working on it already...

Reactions: Titanium

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
“Visitors, students and workers whose valid temporary status expired, or expires, between January 30, 2020 and May 31, 2021 will have until August 31, 2021, to restore their status. ”

This is what IRCC recently published about temporary residents.

Such a clear statement would be greatly appreciated for COPR, possibly they are working on it already...
Lets have faith. We have come this far. Maybe a similar statement will be released for all Copr issued after 18 March 2020.

smpbcpr

Feb 7, 2020
Hi all, my COPR was from before 18 MAR, and I did not travel due to COVID.
I received the “7 point email” in December, but did not respond to it because I could not travel on such short notice (it was explicitly mention to ONLY reply if I am sure I can come to Canada soon)

Anyone else who did not respond and chose to wait? I’d expect them to contact us again somewhere next year, but who knows...
I received the 4 point email in October and was asked to respond within 10 days if I can travel within 60 days.

Towards the end of the mail the below point caught my attention
"In order to continue processing your application, we must receive your response within 10 days of receipt of this email. If we do not hear from you within 10 days, we will assume that you are not able to travel to Canada within the next 60 days. Your application will remain open and placed on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the criteria above."

I did not reply to the mail considering the above statement and also I was not ready to shift within 60 days to Canada without any job.

Reactions: tecktadka and EESH

Ann Mendez

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
The Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results for you or a dependent family member have expired. It is not possible for IRCC to extend the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CRDP) and Permanent Resident Visa (VRP) when the IME results have expired.

Hi all, I received the above email few weeks back. Should I do remedical or not? Please I need your help..

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
The Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results for you or a dependent family member have expired. It is not possible for IRCC to extend the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CRDP) and Permanent Resident Visa (VRP) when the IME results have expired.

Hi all, I received the above email few weeks back. Should I do remedical or not? Please I need your help..
Do remedical ASAP and send it via a webform. Lots of people upthread have done the same. Good luck!

Reactions: tusa47

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
I received the 4 point email in October and was asked to respond within 10 days if I can travel within 60 days.

Towards the end of the mail the below point caught my attention
"In order to continue processing your application, we must receive your response within 10 days of receipt of this email. If we do not hear from you within 10 days, we will assume that you are not able to travel to Canada within the next 60 days. Your application will remain open and placed on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the criteria above."

I did not reply to the mail considering the above statement and also I was not ready to shift within 60 days to Canada without any job.
LOL what a world!! There are many of us ready to travel in the next 10 mins if approved and did not get any mail from IRCC. Damn this is frustrating.

Also, no penalty if you don't respond. You will be processed later. @EESH

KSAimmCan

Oct 6, 2020
Category........
FSW
You don't need to do it for connecting flights within Canada. Mention the direct flight from India and it could be Hyd to Delhi and then to toronto and then Calgary. You are just limiting yourself to one flight operator. There are other bigger things to worry about these days i.e. solid quarantine plan which they will review for sure based on latest changes after UK's new strain of virus.
Thanks for the feedback.

I just had some concerns because they emphasize on this aspect multiple times in the email.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I see. Thanks for your reply.

In any case, I think I will change my destination to Toronto instead of Calgary just to avoid any potential doubts. Theres a one stop flight operated by Qatar Airways from Hyd to Toronto.
I dont know that you will be allowed to board Qatar. Please check

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We have received your request to travel using your expired Confirmation of Permanent Residence document. IRCC is currently working on your case. You will be receiving further information from us in the coming weeks with regards to the documents you will need to travel.

So i got this mail a week ago. How long is "the coming weeks".?. If anyone got an update for a similar email like the above. How long did it take for IRCC to update?

mabh

Oct 4, 2020
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We have received your request to travel using your expired Confirmation of Permanent Residence document. IRCC is currently working on your case. You will be receiving further information from us in the coming weeks with regards to the documents you will need to travel.

So i got this mail a week ago. How long is "the coming weeks".?. If anyone got an update for a similar email like the above. How long did it take for IRCC to update?
I also received the same email on Dec 19th and then there was no update for a while. But yesterday the status of my application changed from 'Approved' to 'Submitted' and old counterfoil details have disappeared, medicals changed from 'You passed the medical exam' to 'You do not need a medical exam, we will inform you if this changes', no changes other than these.

COPR issued - Feb 27th, expired - July 28th.

nathan2020EE

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
Permanent residence applicants in possession of an expired Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and permanent resident visa (PRV) who are ready to travel to Canada should no longer be contacting IRCC through the Web form or processing office email.

IRCC will be contacting these applicants once they are approved to come to Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2020-covid-approved-pr-applications.html#shr-pg0

Last edited:

heniswan

Jan 6, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have some questions on obtaining PRTD from India. I am currently in Canada and will be traveling to India end of this month. I am a PR, however I don't have my PR card yet. I need to obtain the PRTD to fly back to Canada. My return would be tentatively during March 1st week (Yet to book return flight)

1. What would be the ideal processing time for the PRTD?
2. Can I still apply via email? If yes, how to send the passport and photos?
3. Is a return ticket mandatory while applying for PRTD? If I have one does it increase the possibility of getting it quicker?

Any other suggestions to make the process easier from my end? Thank you so much. I appreciate your time in reading my post.