+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Noukie’s

Dec 17, 2019
Thank you! We’ll try to contact them.

In the above link, it’s only mentioned about immediate family of Canadian or PR. Is there any link referring to exemption to travel during the pandemic for a job offer in essential service? If none, it means we’d not be qualified :(

dr_sana

Nov 21, 2020
There is nothing extra that you can do. You are doing right stuff. Just send follow up web forms asking the status about the previous web forms.

Just ask specific questions. For ex " I sent my documents on this date in web form, just wanted to know the status. Did you receive my documents?"

Are you a single applicant?
Yes. Single applicant. However, I am being sponsored by my spouse.

dr_sana

Nov 21, 2020
Hey Guys,

We got our New CoPR and Visa Stamped on our passports today (Original CoPR Prior to March 18, 2020).

Can we travel now? Do we need an AL? What is the process if we need an AL? Please Help. TIA
@ArunRag if you don't mind, can you provide some insight into your timeline and steps that you took to get the new COPR? Many thanks.

Fasiuddin

Jun 8, 2018
Hi All, received AL today, VO Ottawa. Copr received on 1jan 2019, expired on 7th July, sent many web forms no response, I had job offer as well. Uploaded my medical on 25th Nov. I didn't receive any 4 pointer or medical request. Recieved a mail last week that they are working on my profile and received AL today
Validity of AL????

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Hey Guys,

We got our New CoPR and Visa Stamped on our passports today (Original CoPR Prior to March 18, 2020).

Can we travel now? Do we need an AL? What is the process if we need an AL? Please Help. TIA
That's great that you've received your new COPRs and passport stamps, but this document probably makes you a post-March-18th COPR holder. How long is the new stamp valid for? I'd be super glad to be wrong about this, but you might not be exempt to travel :-s
But as @WantToImmigrate pointed out, the embassies are attaching a detailed Covid-19 document with the new COPRs which mentions whether you need to wait for the restricts to be lifted. If there wasn't any document attached with yours, then perhaps you could travel.

Last edited:

ArunRag

Dec 17, 2019
That's great that you've received your new COPRs and passport stamps, but this document probably makes you a post-March-18th COPR holder. How long is the new stamp valid for? I'd be super glad to be wrong about this, but you might not be exempt to travel :-s
But as @WantToImmigrate pointed out, the embassies are attaching a detailed Covid-19 document with the new COPRs which mentions whether you need to wait for the restricts to be lifted. If there wasn't any document attached with yours, then perhaps you could travel.
There is a letter saying you can travel if the CoPR is issued before March 18,2020

ArunRag

Dec 17, 2019
Yes, if your application is approved before March 18, 2020 and new COPR is issued now, you're allowed to travel.

On your letter of authorization, you will see specific line confirming -

Your application for permanent residence (PR) was approved on XX/XX/2020 and you were issued a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document. If you are from a country that requires a visa to travel to Canada, you were also issued a PR visa counterfoil in your passport.

As your application for permanent residence was approved on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from the travel restrictions.
Kindly help solve our confusion. We got our new CoPR today (Original one issued before 18March 2020). Along with the new CoPR we got our passports stamped with the new visa. Would we still need an AL? How do we get one? Kindly advice

letsflynow

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Kindly help solve our confusion. We got our new CoPR today (Original one issued before 18March 2020). Along with the new CoPR we got our passports stamped with the new visa. Would we still need an AL? How do we get one? Kindly advice
Does your new copr mention anywhere that your application was approved before 18th march?