Ottawa
AOR Received.
13-Jun-2019
Passport Req..
5-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2019
@letsflynow @Titanium @rt0308
My previous (old) COPR was issued in oct 2020 and my visa validity was only until Feb 2021. Due to the current situation I asked my agent to raise an email web form mentioning its little difficult to travel before 2021 Feb. I wrote a letter explaining the reasons and asked for an extension and my agent attached the letter in the email webform. So that after two weeks they asked to submit my pp back to visa office to cancel and re-issue new COPR which I received couple of days ago.
I don’t think I’m allowed to travel as both my COPR were issued after 18th March 2020. but my new visa is valid until Oct 2020. I hope things will get better by then and hopefully I’ll be able to travel.
My medical was done in Feb 2019 @Titanium
I think people who got approved CoPR after March 18 should follow this process to avoid unnecessary delay in CoPR extension before the old one expire!!!

Since you kept your profile Private, may I know your VO?

Noukie’s

Dec 17, 2019
I think people who got approved CoPR after March 18 should follow this process to avoid unnecessary delay in CoPR extension before the old one expire!!!

Since you kept your profile Private, may I know your VO?
We did try this approach (raised web form to ask for CoPR extension) since our CoPR issued in Nov 2020 is only valid up till early Jan 2021. However, only received general response from IRCC (telling us to contact them again when we’re ready to travel).

Just few days ago we got an job offer from an employer in Canada (We’re outland PNP CoPR holder) and they’d want my hubby to start work in 2 months. His job function in IT is listed as essential service. Our CoPR will expire in 3 days.

We’re planning to raise ready to travel form in order to travel to Canada with the expired CoPR.
Is there anyone here going through a similar situation like us before? Appreciate if you could share your experience.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
We did try this approach (raised web form to ask for CoPR extension) since our CoPR issued in Nov 2020 is only valid up till early Jan 2021. However, only received general response from IRCC (telling us to contact them again when we’re ready to travel).

Just few days ago we got an job offer from an employer in Canada (We’re outland PNP CoPR holder) and they’d want my hubby to start work in 2 months. His job function in IT is listed as essential service. Our CoPR will expire in 3 days.

We’re planning to raise ready to travel form in order to travel to Canada with the expired CoPR.
Is there anyone here going through a similar situation like us before? Appreciate if you could share your experience.
Hi
Did you try sending email to exemption email address?

manutd2018

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
@13nitinsharma
For those who are issued new COPR after 18th March 2020 subsequent to the expiry of their original COPR being issued prior to 18th March 2020 will they be allowed to travel as 1st time PRs.
Your views on the same.
Also if you can share any link for the same.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
@13nitinsharma
For those who are issued new COPR after 18th March 2020 subsequent to the expiry of their original COPR being issued prior to 18th March 2020 will they be allowed to travel as 1st time PRs.
Your views on the same.
Also if you can share any link for the same.
Yes, if your application is approved before March 18, 2020 and new COPR is issued now, you're allowed to travel.

On your letter of authorization, you will see specific line confirming -

Your application for permanent residence (PR) was approved on XX/XX/2020 and you were issued a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document. If you are from a country that requires a visa to travel to Canada, you were also issued a PR visa counterfoil in your passport.

As your application for permanent residence was approved on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

Reactions: CountessO

manutd2018

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
Yes, if your application is approved before March 18, 2020 and new COPR is issued now, you're allowed to travel.

Your application for permanent residence (PR) was approved on XX/XX/2020 and you were issued a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document. If you are from a country that requires a visa to travel to Canada, you were also issued a PR visa counterfoil in your passport.

As your application for permanent residence was approved on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from the travel restrictions.
As I understand this is applicable for those who are issued only new COPR and been asked to get their passports stamped.
* No AL would be issued to them.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019

As I understand this is applicable for those who are issued only new COPR and been asked to get their passports stamped.
* No AL would be issued to them.
Yeah, what about those who are not issued AL but asked to submit passports for new visa sticker? Do they still need AL along with new visa stamping on passport?

Noukie’s

Dec 17, 2019
Hi
Did you try sending email to exemption email address?
May you provide the exemption email address please?

In our case, how should we process further?

Our CoPR is expired in 3 days so by the time the job offer is finalised, our CoPR would already be expired. We would not be able to apply for travel exemption with an expired CoPR, is my understanding correct?

That’s why I’m thinking of applying for an authorised letter to travel with an expired CoPR. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

We’re worried that we may lose the job offer if we’re unable to land. The employer can’t wait for too long.

dr_sana

Nov 21, 2020
Hey guys,
A good news after 9 months of hardship.

I received an email from IRCC stating that they have increased my wife's medical till April 29, 2021 and asked me to reply if she can travel by that time.
Can you guide on how you were able to do that? In a similar situation but no response to web forms for last 2 months

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
May you provide the exemption email address please?

In our case, how should we process further?

Our CoPR is expired in 3 days so by the time the job offer is finalised, our CoPR would already be expired. We would not be able to apply for travel exemption with an expired CoPR, is my understanding correct?

That’s why I’m thinking of applying for an authorised letter to travel with an expired CoPR. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

We’re worried that we may lose the job offer if we’re unable to land. The employer can’t wait for too long.
Here is the email address: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Here is the link to see that you qualify or not: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

Reactions: Noukie’s