Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
We did try this approach (raised web form to ask for CoPR extension) since our CoPR issued in Nov 2020 is only valid up till early Jan 2021. However, only received general response from IRCC (telling us to contact them again when we’re ready to travel).

Just few days ago we got an job offer from an employer in Canada (We’re outland PNP CoPR holder) and they’d want my hubby to start work in 2 months. His job function in IT is listed as essential service. Our CoPR will expire in 3 days.

We’re planning to raise ready to travel form in order to travel to Canada with the expired CoPR.
Is there anyone here going through a similar situation like us before? Appreciate if you could share your experience.
when did you send the request for extension?

Ukraine2020

Apr 1, 2020
Hi guys!
Long story short, my wife and I received CoPR extension after raising four ready-to-travel forms (first in July, last at the end of September). We got passport request letter on Oct 5 and sent in our passports on around mid Oct. We got our passports back with new immigrant visas and CoPRs at the beginning of November, valid until April 2021. While all this hassle with sending ready to travel forms and submitting our passports was going on, my wife got to her 7th month of pregnancy. It wouldn't be a big deal for her to travel at the 7th month of pregnancy, I guess, if it wasn't for the second wave and the new lockdown Ontario now has in place. The original plan (when we sent out the very first ready-to-travel-form) was to hopefully get new CoPRs by Sep and land in Canada in Oct, while my wife was still at her 5th month, and deliver the baby in Canada. At this point, with all the lockdowns and virus raging again it is too risky for my wife to land. The due date is in mid March 2021. My wife's new CoPR expires on April 20, 2021. I have sent a new web form to CIC informing them of the situation (7 month pregnancy) and asked CIC to extend my wife's CoPR only. I decided to land alone before my current CoPR expiry date. I am really hoping CIC will understand this situation and grant my wife another extension, so she can deliver at our home country, arrange paperwork for our newborn child and join me in Canada as a PR. Guys, please share your thoughts on this situation.

dr_sana

Nov 21, 2020
What exactly you want? Can please explain your situation?
@crackMBA

COPR issued before Mar 18, 2020 and expired on Jul 14, 2020. Raised RTT forms twice since November but have only got generic replies like "application is in process" and "they are looking into it".. In RTT, I have verbally mentioned that I want to travel ASAP and that I will quarantine. Is there any other detail I can provide to elicit response from them

Specifically, how can I raise CPC/VO specific web form, and what more details can I provide? How can I show quarantine plan (like AirBnB) without having dates finalized?
Can I email them and what email ID to use?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
@crackMBA

COPR issued before Mar 18, 2020 and expired on Jul 14, 2020. Raised RTT forms twice since November but have only got generic replies like "application is in process" and "they are looking into it".. In RTT, I have verbally mentioned that I want to travel ASAP and that I will quarantine. Is there any other detail I can provide to elicit response from them

Specifically, how can I raise CPC/VO specific web form, and what more details can I provide? How can I show quarantine plan (like AirBnB) without having dates finalized?
Can I email them and what email ID to use?
There is nothing extra that you can do. You are doing right stuff. Just send follow up web forms asking the status about the previous web forms.

Just ask specific questions. For ex " I sent my documents on this date in web form, just wanted to know the status. Did you receive my documents?"

Are you a single applicant?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
@legalfalcon need your opinion on a matter.Recently we gave remedicals and now waiting for next step . Suppose they issue AL with the validity of 60 days or less,my husband might not be able to come as he is a Govt employee and has to give 3 months notice .I am Primary Applicant.So will there be any issue if me and my kids land within the validity of AL?As cic has mentioned on their site that" all applicants included in the application should try to land at the same time."

Secondly what will happen to his file if he doesn't land before AL validity considering that our medicals might be extended for atleast 7-8 months as we gave again in Dec.Will his file be kept open or it will be closed as I will land?What will be the procedure to be followed after that so that he can land in future.Thanks for reading.

Other experts might also suggest.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hey Guys,

We got our New CoPR and Visa Stamped on our passports today (Original CoPR Prior to March 18, 2020).

Can we travel now? Do we need an AL? What is the process if we need an AL? Please Help. TIA
Congratulations!

It should say if you can or cannot on email/document u got from IRCC

Refer nitinsharma's post above or on previous page

Jul 27, 2020
Hi All, received AL today, VO Ottawa. Copr received on 1jan 2019, expired on 7th July, sent many web forms no response, I had job offer as well. Uploaded my medical on 25th Nov. I didn't receive any 4 pointer or medical request. Recieved a mail last week that they are working on my profile and received AL today

Noukie’s

Dec 17, 2019
when did you send the request for extension?
We sent webform on Nov-13, a week after receiving origin CoPR. Got general response 2 wks later that “When you are ready to travel to Canada, we invite you to follow the instructions on our website to notify us. We will then tell you what to do next”.

We decided to send email to Canada High commission in our country of residence; however, they told us to contact the Centralized Intake Office in Canada for inquiry.

Our next webform to Centralized Intake Office was prior Dec-23. No response since then.

Jul 27, 2020
@whyCorona you have also received AL, can you please let me know how you are planning to travel. Air India or Air Canada. Please let me know if we can connect over phone.

@All if anyone has travelled recently, please let me know how which airline should I use