+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
How silly of them to issue it to those who are not ready to go and despite requesting thru 8 webforms that I need to travel urgently ..still no AL.And no idea when I will get it even after remedicals.

What if pa lands within validity of AL and secondary applicant is not able to land within AL validity?will his file kept open till new medical validity ?Will PA will be asked why all members have not come?
Right?? I am ready to travel in the next ten minutes. Being without your loved one sucks. I don't have a single answer from them despite trying everything.. I'm at my wit's end.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Penumetcha

Mar 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
13-Jun-2019
Passport Req..
5-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2019
Hi,

Yes, same situation! Ours were updated on the 17th. I just raised a webform to request the AL because I'm seeing others getting - I thought maybe they forgot us lol
Same here!!!

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi All, received AL today, VO Ottawa. Copr received on 1jan 2019, expired on 7th July, sent many web forms no response, I had job offer as well. Uploaded my medical on 25th Nov. I didn't receive any 4 pointer or medical request. Recieved a mail last week that they are working on my profile and received AL today
Congratulations!!!

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I received an authorization letter (AL) yesterday after replying to the email received by IRCC. I clearly indicated in my reply that I intend to travel on the third week of March but the current AL I received expires by 28 Feb which wouldn't give me enough time to complete my notice period with my current employer and get everything sorted out.

" [...] If you are unable to travel before the expiration date of this letter on 2021/02/28, IRCC will leave your PR application open and you will have to go through this CoPR and PRV re-issuance process again when you are able to travel to Canada."

I need your support to understand:
- What is meant by "PR application open and you will have to go through this COPR and PRV re-issuance process again" ?
- Is it possible to not travel by the end of this AL and request a new AL before the expiry of my CoPR which is the end of March 2021?
- What would happen if I reply to them asking them to re-do the medical test and be issued a new CoPR as I won't be able to travel by March 2021?

Thanks
When is your extended medical expiring?
What kind of email received by you from IRCC? Was it a 7pt email?

Thank you

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hello People, please I have been a resident of Canada for 3years, now I stepped out of Canada to bring my pregnant wife with me. Our Copr and Prvs were issued and valid. Question is, do I need AL even though my status has changed to Copr holder and will my wife need one too?
Can you please elaborate? If you are a resident then why do you need PRV?

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hi @All,
Is there anyone who has taken Air Canada Flight from Bangalore to Toronto recently. In the travel websites its mentioned as Air Canada Flight, operated by Lufthansa.
Just curious to know whether Indian citizens travelling to Canada can avail this flight service (considering that it is being operated by Lufthansa and they are currently not entertaining passengers flying to Canada).
Air Canada flight are operating via New Delhi only ( BLR-DEL-TOR/ VANCOUVER). These flights are non stop between Delhi and Toronto /Vancouver under airbubble agreement between India and Canada.

Etty

Jun 6, 2019
Can you please elaborate? If you are a resident then why do you need PRV?
Because once you receive PR, your work permit I believe becomes invalid thereby meaning you travel back with a PRV which I have tho issued after March 18 or PTRD. Again, my question is if I require AL or my spouse requires one..

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Kindly help solve our confusion. We got our new CoPR today (Original one issued before 18March 2020). Along with the new CoPR we got our passports stamped with the new visa. Would we still need an AL? How do we get one? Kindly advice
Either you get AL or new visa stamped, both are the same things. You're exempt from travel as originally your application was approved before March 18, 2020.

Reactions: wick_sran

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Because once you receive PR, your work permit I believe becomes invalid thereby meaning you travel back with a PRV which I have tho issued after March 18 or PTRD. Again, my question is if I require AL or my spouse requires one..
Till the time you land your work permit valid.
Again my answer is, seeing the information your provided everyone needs an AL on approved COPR/Visa.

RachandMax

Dec 16, 2020
Hi everybody ! We finally received our AL on the 24th of December (4point email on the 1st of December/update on GC key on the 19th) showing we have to take a flight before the 3d of January 2021... We changed our flights to the 29th of december, no we are in Vancouver in our quarantine's place. It wasn't easy at Paris airport (we are french). They didn't want to let us take the flight first, as they weren't sure about the quality of the AL. They haven't seen one of those before. They asked us for a work contract, we showed them our letter from our employers aying they want to hire us. But they said it was not enough, we tried to called our employers but with the jetlag it was the middle of the night in Vancouver so we couldn't reach anybody. They finally ended up calling the Ambassy who told them we are allowed to take the flight... What a nightmare ! especially with our little one crying of tiredness. Be carreful french CoPR expired people to explain them you can, and asked them to call the Ambassy straight away.Also take as many documents as possible juste in case. And lot of time ahead ! At Montreal at the immigration office it took only 10 minutes , no questions .Good luck for everybody !

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
I am in the same boat. I am trying to reunite with my wife in Canada, and I am not getting a single response from them. My COPR expired in May.
We are in the same boat expired Copr - 7 July . Husband needs AL to reunite with me here in canada. We raised 18 webdorms spoke numerous times since April 2020 and till now no reply .

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
We are in the same boat expired Copr - 7 July . Husband needs AL to reunite with me here in canada. We raised 18 webdorms spoke numerous times since April 2020 and till now no reply .
@Fmegha86 @hypervariate123 I was also in the same boat till Dec 21. I received med extension email from IRCC and now I am waiting for AL & new COPR details.
You all will receive soon.