+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Guys today I got imm forms and now status of my application has changed. Old coprs are removed. I never raised ryt but got remed request. Got 3 imm forms for me my wife and kid.anyone with similar experience?
i got remed request only for my wife and not to my Kid. Not sure why. she is 5.5 years old.
i am in canada and my family in india. My wife did remedical just yesterday. @13nitinsharma any idea why no remed request for my daughter?

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
Do they issue Authorization letter to post March 2020 approved applicant? My COPR & Medical valid till March 2021. Should I remain silent at the moment or should I raise my first web form requesting either for extension or AL …Please any suggestion?
Wait?

There are couple of ways you could go. Those are listed in thread i started.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-travel-authorization.713224/

Mainly exempted job is the best bet right now however there is nothing solid about traveling.

We all are hoping some change until current travel restrictions maybe lifted after 21st jan atleast for copr holders post march 2020. However with this 2nd wave it's worrying.

Reactions: gtcan19

Dejavu_44

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Hi guys,
COPR expired May 14, after 4RTTs, I got remed request Dec 16. But together with remed they also ask me to submit a letter "if I will be able to travel to Canada after remeds". Did anyone else get this?
Should I just state in the letter that I can travel or do I also need to give further details like quarrentine plans and/or Pof ?

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Hi guys,
COPR expired May 14, after 4RTTs, I got remed request Dec 16. But together with remed they also ask me to submit a letter "if I will be able to travel to Canada after remeds". Did anyone else get this?
Should I just state in the letter that I can travel or do I also need to give further details like quarrentine plans and/or Pof ?
Sure! It's always better to add details. Don't make it too long winded - just keep it crisp and concise and mention your willingness to quarantine.

garbaczpaula

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-09-2019
Med's Done....
21-10-2019
Whats the issue date of your COPR ? It should ve written somewhere on it. If it's issued before March 18 then perhaps you are right ! But even if not, still a good sign actually.

Did they ask for anything else apart from your current address?
Ok so i submitted my current address and now received a ready for visa e-mail and sent our Photography and copies of passports, looks like they are issuing us with new COPRs!

thebluetung

Feb 26, 2019
Hi guys, I've just got the AL (email) as below:

As your application for permanent residence was approved on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from the travel restrictions.
As your CoPR and PR visa expired on 2020/07/29, we have extended their validity until 1/31/2021.
At this time,, we are not printing and mailing new CoPRs or PR visa counterfoils we are n. For your travel to Canada, you will need to:
· bring this letter, along with your original CoPR and PR visa
· show it to the airline as proof that you are exempt from the travel restriction and that the validity of your expired CoPR and PR visa have in fact been extended.
· use this letter before 2021/01/31

In the same day a new counterfoil is added in my IRCC account which is valid until 31 Jan 2021.

I'm gonna need your help for my two following questions:

1. Actually my COPR and PR visa expired on Sep 09 2020 ( not Jul 29 2020 as stated in the AL). Is there any problem using this AL to travel if the expiry date is not correct ? Should I contact IRCC about this ( to extend the validity of the AL) ?

2. It is clearly stated in the AL email that IRCC won't issue PPR or new COPR to me anymore. However, right after that I received a new counterfoil in my IRCC account which is valid until 31 Jan 2021, does that mean PPR is coming ?

Many thanks, guys.

Last edited:

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi guys, I've just got the AL (email) as below:

As your application for permanent residence was approved on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from the travel restrictions.
As your CoPR and PR visa (TXxxxxxxxx) expired on 2020/07/29, we have extended their validity until 1/31/2021.
At this time,, we are not printing and mailing new CoPRs or PR visa counterfoils we are n. For your travel to Canada, you will need to:
· bring this letter, along with your original CoPR and PR visa
· show it to the airline as proof that you are exempt from the travel restriction and that the validity of your expired CoPR and PR visa have in fact been extended.
· use this letter before 2021/01/31

In the same day a new counterfoil is added in my IRCC account which is valid until 31 Jan 2021.

I'm gonna need your help for my two following questions:

1. Actually my COPR and PR visa expired on Sep 09 2020 ( not Jul 29 2020 as stated in the AL). Is there any problem using this AL to travel if the expiry date is not correct ? Should I contact IRCC about this ( to extend the validity of the AL) ?

2. It is clearly stated in the AL email that IRCC won't issue PPR or new COPR to me anymore. However, right after that I received a new counterfoil in my IRCC account which is valid until 31 Jan 2021, does that mean PPR is coming ?

Many thanks, guys.
You should not share your PR visa number on forums, that's a sensitive information.

Last edited:
Reactions: hinavin