+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hello everyone, I received this below email from IRCC on December 2nd and replied back to email and submitted webform, I am secondary applicant on file as my husband is primary and PR holder. We have months old baby born in Canada, My COPR expired and Medicals are going to expiry on January 22 2021, i am willing to travel and Waiting for AL. I am not sure is this email 4 pointer email or ready to travel email ? anybody received it or not if yes is there any response from IRCC.

Sub: Action required: Are you able to travel to Canada soon?

IRCC wants to confirm that:
  • You still want to travel to Canada to become a new permanent resident; please note that IRCC is not asking you to purchase a plane ticket.
  • You are ready, willing, and able to travel before the current expiry date of your medical exams, in your case, January 22, 2021. This validity may not be further extended, without you re-doing all immigration medical exam(s) and covering the cost for them.
  • You are ready, willing, and able to travel to Canada on a valid passport by January 22, 2021.
  • There are no COVID-19 restrictions to prevent you from leaving your country.
  • There is a travel route with zero or one transfer that you can use to get to Canada and that is currently operating.
  • Your plan is to stay in Canada permanently.
  • You are able to arrange and cover the costs to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Canada.

Please note that if new travel documents are issued to you, IRCC will send you a letter that will be valid for up to 60 days (but not exceeding your medical or passport validity), and it may not be possible for IRCC to issue you with another extension.

IRCC will endeavour to respond to you within four weeks.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Information About My Application
  • Primary applicant family name(s):
  • Primary applicant given name(s):
  • Application number:
  • Class of application:
  • Primary applicant citizenship:
  • Current country of residence:
  • Date your PR visa expired:
  • Full names of family members (including your spouse and dependent children) who are planning to travel to Canada with you:
My Situation
  • Are you (and your family members, if applicable) still interested in immigrating to Canada, even though your PR visas have expired? (If you answer “no”, it may not be possible to provide you with any options for travel to Canada in the foreseeable future due to the current travel restrictions.)
    Answer:
  • What is the approximate date/week on which you (and your accompanying family members, if applicable) want to travel to Canada?
    Answer:
  • What could be your travel itinerary, including any transfers, you would use if IRCC can re-issue documents for you and if you were to purchase plane tickets soon?
    Answer:
  • Are there currently direct flights to Canada from your current location?
    Answer:
  • If there are no direct flights, do you have the necessary visas to transit through other countries?
    Answer:
  • Are there any border restrictions preventing you from leaving the country where you are currently staying?
    Answer:
  • Do you have a plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada? Important: The Government of Canada cannot not make arrangements for, or pay for, quarantine arrangements.
    Answer:
Is there any other information you would like to provide about your/your family’s situation?
Answer:
Hi,

Did you provide your old Application No or new(that you have got with this email).
Also, the primary applicant was you husband in the initial application.
Did you put your name in the above application of your husband's as he is already and PR and in Canada?

Please help

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hey guys,
A good news after 9 months of hardship.

I received an email from IRCC stating that they have increased my wife's medical till April 29, 2021 and asked me to reply if she can travel by that time.
Hey Budd,

Awesome news!!! I am feeling so excited for you man! Holiday season brought you such a wonderful news!

Best wishes

Reactions: crackMBA

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hey Budd,

Awesome news!!! I am feeling so excited for you man! Holiday season brought you such a wonderful news!

Best wishes
Hey Budd,

Best wishes
By the way - I was away from forums for a while so might have missed it...but did she have to go for re-medicals? Or is it simply a 6 months + 6 months auto renewals?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
By the way - I was away from forums for a while so might have missed it...but did she have to go for re-medicals? Or is it simply a 6 months + 6 months auto renewals?
She did not go for re meds. I am not sure about the calculation of re-med. Visa/COPR expired on June 7. Received this email today and I have to reply in 10 days.

Reactions: hinavin

Penumetcha

Mar 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
13-Jun-2019
Passport Req..
5-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2019
SO ive had my profile updated/approved with new counterfoil since dec 14th but havent seen the AL meant to come with it. sent several webforms but no response ... Anybody else experiencing same?
Same here,,,

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi everyone! Before I begin I just want to thank all those who answered questions and were so helpful during this entire process. This forum and particularly this thread have been so helpful, so thank you.

I want to share my husbands experience who finally landed in Toronto, Canada today and is officially a permanent resident.

Timeline:
VO: Sydney then Accra - although I don’t think it was Accra that gave the AL
File: Spousal Sponsorship
Approved: Feb 5 2020
CoPR Expired: August 8 2020
4 pointer email received on September 15. We replied on the September 21. Sent multiple webforms to general mailbox (found on the gov website) thereafter but no response except generic ones. We then decided to email the mailbox that had sent us the 4 pointer email and showed that he had booked a one way flight on Dec 7, (we had not included a flight in our initial response to the 4 pointer email but figured maybe this would help escalate our file).
The following Wednesday our file was updated in GCKey and a day later we received the AL. Not sure if the final email triggered everything to be finalized but by the grace of God it worked.
We flew from Lagos, Nigeria and transited in Cairo, Egypt and landed at Toronto Pearson on Dec 21 at 7:30 am. The Customs line moved swiftly. Asked about how much money we had - you can carry any amount you want so long as you declare it and you don’t have to pay anything on it. We then had to line up for the immigration officer. The line was pretty long because we were there pretty early and it seemed only two officers were working. Then at 8:30 more immigration officers arrived and the line moved fast. The immigration officer asked about the ArriveCAN app receipt (every checkpoint asked for it),where the PR was to be sent, if my husband has ever been denied entry before, if he has any dependents, and whether he has been charged and convicted of any crimes. All in all it was a super seamless process.
While in line for immigration the luggage had arrived but because of the long line most of our flight had cleared their items. But when we went down to take our luggage they were on the conveyer belt waiting for us. As we were exiting we had to give a declaration card. The officer informed us that we have one more step because we had been marked for additional review. Turns out they just wanted to see our money to make sure we declared the correct amount. Every officer we encountered whether CBSA or immigration was super nice and pleasant to talk to.
The airport was really empty and taxis were lined up waiting for people. So getting a taxi was easy.
We arrived at our place of quarantine and had to call in to report that we had arrived. During the 14 days we have to do reports on the phone either through the ArriveCAN app or by calling a line.

I just wanted to share this information and hopefully it will help someone.
God bless you all! You are almost at the finish line!

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi everyone! Before I begin I just want to thank all those who answered questions and were so helpful during this entire process. This forum and particularly this thread have been so helpful, so thank you.

I want to share my husbands experience who finally landed in Toronto, Canada today and is officially a permanent resident.

Timeline:
VO: Sydney then Accra - although I don’t think it was Accra that gave the AL
File: Spousal Sponsorship
Approved: Feb 5 2020
CoPR Expired: August 8 2020
4 pointer email received on September 15. We replied on the September 21. Sent multiple webforms to general mailbox (found on the gov website) thereafter but no response except generic ones. We then decided to email the mailbox that had sent us the 4 pointer email and showed that he had booked a one way flight on Dec 7, (we had not included a flight in our initial response to the 4 pointer email but figured maybe this would help escalate our file).
The following Wednesday our file was updated in GCKey and a day later we received the AL. Not sure if the final email triggered everything to be finalized but by the grace of God it worked.
We flew from Lagos, Nigeria and transited in Cairo, Egypt and landed at Toronto Pearson on Dec 21 at 7:30 am. The Customs line moved fast and swiftly. Asked about how much money we had - you can carry any amount you want so long as you declare it and you don’t have to pay anything on it. We then had to line up for the immigration officer. The line was pretty long because we were there pretty early and it seemed only two officers were working. Then at 8:30 more immigration officers arrived and the line moved pretty fast. The immigration officer asked about the ArriveCAN app receipt (every checkpoint asked for it),where the PR was to be sent, if my husband has ever been denied entry before, if he has any dependents, and whether he has been charged and convicted of any crimes. All in all it was a super seamless process.
While in line for immigration the bagged had arrived but because of the long line most of our flight had cleared their items. But when we went down to take our luggage and they were on the conveyer belt waiting for us. As we were exiting we had to give a declaration card. The officer informed us that we have one more step because we had been marked for additional review. Turns out they just wanted to see our money to make sure we declared the correct amount. Every officer we encountered whether CBSA or immigration were super nice and pleasant to talk to.
The airport was really empty and taxis were lined up waiting for people. So getting a taxi was easy.
We arrived at our place of quarantine and had to call in to report that we had arrived. During the 14 days we have to do reports on the phone either through the ArriveCAN app or by calling a line.

I just wanted to share this information and hopefully it will help someone.
God bless you all! You are almost at the finish line!
Congratulations!!! All the best

Reactions: Nivo0811